jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Fantastic - I haven't yet seen it in the wild.

Oh, man. Weird. As I typed that, it came on Studio 60's commercial break. At that exact second. Really.

*** chills ***

Comment

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
nice ad, but not as impressive as the most recent nano commercial.

I would have to agree on this part. The Nano ad was amazing, the traditional silhouettes were took part, and yet it was different and stood out from all the rest. I also like this ad because it is fresh and new, I've seen nothing like it before.

I like how Apple is slowly de-attatching itself from the silhouette ads, I liked them but they are now getting old. I do still like the silhouette ads but they need something new and not the same old routine in every commercial. :)

Comment

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Awesome little piece of hardware.

I bought one as a gift for a friend, and my nephew has one. Wont be long till I have to get one of my own.

Definately make great stocking stuffers!

Comment

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Fantastic ad!

I'm glad they've moved away from the silhouettes, they were getting a bit stale.

Does anyone know what the song is? Sounds kinda funky.

Comment

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Very nice. A nice change of pace, and it definitely makes me want to buy one of those Shuffles even more.

Comment

monke

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Fantastic ad!

I'm glad they've moved away from the silhouettes, they were getting a bit stale.

Does anyone know what the song is? Sounds kinda funky.

Who’s Gonna Sing? by The Prototypes.

It was on the page. :D

Comment

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
Don't pay em' enough

They don't pay these people enough. Apple's advertising folks never ceases to amaze me.

Zune, please...

Comment

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
This commercial reminds me of the hp ones where the just the hands keep changing stuff as the person talks or the picture stays the same as the paper moves along. This transition while the subject stays still isn't anything original anymore. Still better than the silhouettes though.

Comment

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Great ad and to disagree with previous posters, BETTER than the Nano ad... I don't know i guess i just wasn't a fan of the ad. This is more interesting and "indie film" type approach rather than the all out graphical orgasm on screen that the nano ad was. Though i guess i may like it for that aspect simply because i am an amateur film maker myself ;)

Comment

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
I bought one as a gift for a friend, and my nephew has one. Wont be long till I have to get one of my own.

Definately make great stocking stuffers!

I know what you mean, I just got a nano, but I am finding that for the price I don't see why I shouldn't get myself one, they look well worth it, if for nothing more than to be fashionable, because of their price.

You'd need a lot to fill a stocking ;)

I enjoyed it very much; extremely functional in its message and very cool editing as well :)

Yeah the editing was really cool... although at the start it doesn't look like the iPod is actually on the person, it looks superimposed on afterwards, maybe it's been touched-up...

Comment

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
I think the Nano ad was more enjoyable, but the the Shuffle ad is more effective. The whole clip-it-on-and-go concept that Jobs pushed back in September is clearly displayed in the ad, and it will appeal to a lot of people.

Comment

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
Great ad, no doubt about that. But...I kept thinking "mind the cable!" :D
Give me a cordless :cool:

Comment

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
This commercial reminds me of the hp ones where the just the hands keep changing stuff as the person talks or the picture stays the same as the paper moves along. This transition while the subject stays still isn't anything original anymore. Still better than the silhouettes though.

Yeah, the presto change-o stuff is everywhere lately. Fine, as long as they don't try to make a series out of it.

Comment

iLunar

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2006
I really like it. The song is a great choice, and the slogan "Put some music on" works so well.

Comment

outlier

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2006
Derivative, yet innovative!

True, they bear more than a passing resemblance (in style and execution) to the HP printer ads, but that aside, these are still winners: they masterfully convey the shuffle's value proposition (i.e., wearable; small footprint), and still manage to forge a new form a "cool," all the while breaking away from the somewhat dated silhouette design approach.

Kudos to Apple. They'll sell like hot-cakes!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.