Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bossass

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006
I personally like the new ones, but you can still get the old ones from the online store in the sale sections. Refurb 512s for like $29.

andrewcod

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2005
nothing new there. its the only way you people get anything. you steal products, design, you don't respect copyright laws. and hide behind the "tradition values"

backward minds for backwards countries.

I'm sorry, but that statement is just ignorant. If you recall, Hong Kong was in fact the first country to actually convict someone for illegal file sharing via bit torrent. As well as that, the vast, vast majority of people here are perfectly legal, and buy things either directly from Apple, or from resellers. Simply because a small minority of people choose to buy things in an unethical manner does not mean that all of a sudden, everyone here just goes around stealing everything we get. And how do we all have backward minds? If that were the case, would China be the booming economic hub that it is today?

Yes, some people here steal things and ignore copyright laws. But to generalise and say that over a billion people think and act like that is simply wrong. Every place has some bad apples, but don't let that distort your interpretation of an entire region, especially one as large and diverse as China.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Ahh finally. I ordered mine 30 seconds after the UK store came back. The first 30 seconds were spent ordering the 80GB iPod :D

These are gonna be sweet for jogging. No more armband nonsense.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I'm going to wait until Tesco have them in stock, I can have it right away without any real waiting pain. Plus I'll also get it with 10% off. In effect I'm still getting the student discount but with the staff discount card! :D :p :D Btw I work in an Tesco Extra store so its no sweat for somebody to hold one back for me!

schatten

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH, USA
Such a cool MP3 Player

I really like the design of the 2G iPod Shuffle with only one exception; the 1G Shuffle could double as a USB flash "thumb" drive, this one cannot (unless you carry the dockling around with it). If it weren't for that, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

As for the single port that works as a headphone jack, data jack, and charger jack, that is very, very cool. I wish they'd incorporate that into all the iPods. It would make for some very neat peripherals!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I think I'll wait until Amazon gets them so I can use the Prime shipping thingy.

wPod

macrumors 68000
Aug 19, 2003
Denver, CO
i was just about to ask in this thread if anyone had gotten theirs since it is almost the end of oct!!!!! I think apple should have said ships in Nov! I wonder what the problem is in getting them shipped so late.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
As for the single port that works as a headphone jack, data jack, and charger jack, that is very, very cool. I wish they'd incorporate that into all the iPods. It would make for some very neat peripherals!

It is a cool connector but it's not unique, I think MobiBlu use the same sort of thing for their little Cube music player.

The Dock Connector is owned by Apple and they can make money off anybody wanting to use it. It's also widespread so suddenly changing the connector is going to reeeeally tick the manufacturers off.

Retired
May 16, 2006

Like what that can't be done already?

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
my new shuffle has shipped!!

Update: Well as of 10/31 FedEx reports that my shuffle has landed in the USA and will be here tomorrow at 4:30pm!! For the person inquiring about order dates, mine was 9/13.

=============

My shuffle has shipped as of 8:39 this morning [10/29] ..... it's due here by November 3 !!

clintob

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
New York, NY
Nice... mine's due by the 3rd as well. Chalk up another victory for Apple in the war against my wallet. Although, this one I don't feel so bad about. Vide iPod for long trips, and as a backup for my library, and sexy new Shuffle for walking around the city. Can't complain too much for $79. Hardly a fortune for a great little player.

lapalapalapa5

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2005
for all those who's shuffles have shipped

when did you order yours?

i ordered mine september 17th, and im still getting the ship date oct 31 with arriving on the 7th even though i have overnight delivery :confused:

clintob

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
New York, NY
for all those who's shuffles have shipped

when did you order yours?

i ordered mine september 17th, and im still getting the ship date oct 31 with arriving on the 7th even though i have overnight delivery :confused:

Ordered mine September 17 as well and got my shipping notice today. I'm sure it's partially to do with geography, and partially random.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Once the initial rush is over I might pick one of these up. I bought running cases and the likes for my iPod mini but the whole screen thing just annoyed me. This will be absolutely perfect for jogging. IF they put a radio in there I wouldn't wait for the rush to be over.

lapalapalapa5

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2005
Ordered mine September 17 as well and got my shipping notice today. I'm sure it's partially to do with geography, and partially random.

really? yeah maybe the east coast is getting them first (i live in arizona)
well congrats on it!, hope you love it :)

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
If a recent report from ThinkSecret holds true, Apple may be experiencing extremely high demand for the player, as reportedly Apple's retail stores have been told that shipments to them will be delayed until "mid-November" at the earliest. In addition, resellers such as Amazon are reported to have updated their shipping estimates to November 25th - December 9.

If that report is true I wouldn't be surprised that Apple ends up selling quite a lot of Silver-case 2 GB iPod nanos because there will be serious shortages of the new 2G iPod Shuffle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.