iPod touch Ipod TOUCH 4th Generation - FRONT ASSEMBLY

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
I've seen talk on what people think it might be or what it might look like . I've opened this thread based on a fact , that this is a picture of the front assembly . As you can see there is a hole in the front , but for what ? because I haven't seen all parts only the front assembly and a few other inside parts , I can't tell you but ill leave it up to you guys to imagine ;] . What do you think ?

http://tinypic.com/r/1zefuic/4

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
Looks interesting, where did you find this?
I am given pictures typically about a month or two before a product is released . I'm really not sure on a release date but considering me receiving the picture , I am guessing it will be here sooner than we think .

From my experience the product has always been exact ( the picture and part ) to what the real one is when it's released ...

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
FaceTime Camera, nuff said.
I am hoping also . However I've noticed that facetime actually works with SMS some how on the iPhone 4 , I could be wrong . So I'm curious on how they will implement that into the touch , if it is a front facing camera for facetime .

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
Thanks for the photo, it may look like the others ones from alibaba.com, but it's in a differen't angle. Hopefully that's what the front panel of the touch looks like.

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I am hoping also . However I've noticed that facetime actually works with SMS some how on the iPhone 4 , I could be wrong . So I'm curious on how they will implement that into the touch , if it is a front facing camera for facetime .
Actually, you can initiate a FaceTime directly from your contacts. It's also rumored that you can use your email address as a replacement for a phone number, since for obvious reason, the iPod touch doesn't have one.

http://modmyi.com/forums/ipod-news/719335-bgr-ipod-touch-ipad-getting-facetime.html

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
Actually, you can initiate a FaceTime directly from your contacts. It's also rumored that you can use your email address as a replacement for a phone number, since for obvious reason, the iPod touch doesn't have one.

http://modmyi.com/forums/ipod-news/719335-bgr-ipod-touch-ipad-getting-facetime.html
Yes you're right , you can initiate facetime from contacts . However , if you are on a unlocked iphone it doesn't activate and also saying you may be charged a sms fee for video conferencing , that's what lead me to believe that it has something to do with it , just a guess though . I tried to click your link but it didn't work . ( nevermind - it's a database error - overload should work in a few . ) thanks .

Josh0806

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
I am given pictures typically about a month or two before a product is released . I'm really not sure on a release date but considering me receiving the picture , I am guessing it will be here sooner than we think .

From my experience the product has always been exact ( the picture and part ) to what the real one is when it's released ...
Cool, are you some sort of 'industry insider'?

IphoneRevivers

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2010
Thanks , I just took a look . Thats dated back july 15 and as you know day by day you learn something new . I think that's incorrect just based on the fact about your apple ID . if you put a new sim card in without adding your apple id to your phone , you can facetime . Now my phone has my apple ID but when i switch it to a tmobile sim , it loses all options of face time , so if it was based on my apple ID , i wouldn't lose the option . Just a guess .

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
The new touch will probably have a Retina, the current resoultion is just too small thinking about it and Apple needs to move on if they need to go above and beyond the competition, oh wait, there is no "real" competition for the touch. All in all, they just need a retina. it would be really good for gaming.

Derkatwork

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2010
Milwaukee
I've seen talk on what people think it might be or what it might look like . I've opened this thread based on a fact , that this is a picture of the front assembly . As you can see there is a hole in the front , but for what ? because I haven't seen all parts only the front assembly and a few other inside parts , I can't tell you but ill leave it up to you guys to imagine ;] . What do you think ?

http://tinypic.com/r/1zefuic/4
Isn't that the light sensor's spot? I agree facetime would be an excellent move for apple, but that doesn't mean we will get it.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I really hope they make the display 5" or so. I would actually buy one... If it's just a phoneless iPhone 4, they aren't going to sell very many of them.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
Looks like they are finally breaking vertical symmetry with this device. The top bezel is thinner than the bottom bezel. And look how thin the two bezels are compared to the iphone, and how close the home button is to the screen. This is going to be a pretty big change.

Edit: maybe not. Looks like the actual visible screen part on the front will be the same as before.

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
Isn't that the light sensor's spot? I agree facetime would be an excellent move for apple, but that doesn't mean we will get it.
Think about it for a sec. If the current one can use the Ambient Light Sensor without a hole, why would they need one now?

It's for the camera...

Biker

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
Look Closely You'll See The Censor And The Other Hole That You Can Clearly See Is The Front Facing Camera!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.