Ipod TOUCH 4th Generation - FRONT ASSEMBLY

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by IphoneRevivers, Aug 5, 2010.

1. IphoneRevivers macrumors member

I've seen talk on what people think it might be or what it might look like . I've opened this thread based on a fact , that this is a picture of the front assembly . As you can see there is a hole in the front , but for what ? because I haven't seen all parts only the front assembly and a few other inside parts , I can't tell you but ill leave it up to you guys to imagine ;] . What do you think ?

http://tinypic.com/r/1zefuic/4

2. Josh0806 macrumors member

3. SoraLimit macrumors regular

4. MCRunning macrumors 6502

5. IphoneRevivers thread starter macrumors member

I am given pictures typically about a month or two before a product is released . I'm really not sure on a release date but considering me receiving the picture , I am guessing it will be here sooner than we think .

From my experience the product has always been exact ( the picture and part ) to what the real one is when it's released ...

6. IphoneRevivers thread starter macrumors member

I am hoping also . However I've noticed that facetime actually works with SMS some how on the iPhone 4 , I could be wrong . So I'm curious on how they will implement that into the touch , if it is a front facing camera for facetime .

7. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

Thanks for the photo, it may look like the others ones from alibaba.com, but it's in a differen't angle. Hopefully that's what the front panel of the touch looks like.

8. SoraLimit macrumors regular

Actually, you can initiate a FaceTime directly from your contacts. It's also rumored that you can use your email address as a replacement for a phone number, since for obvious reason, the iPod touch doesn't have one.

http://modmyi.com/forums/ipod-news/719335-bgr-ipod-touch-ipad-getting-facetime.html

9. IphoneRevivers thread starter macrumors member

Yes you're right , you can initiate facetime from contacts . However , if you are on a unlocked iphone it doesn't activate and also saying you may be charged a sms fee for video conferencing , that's what lead me to believe that it has something to do with it , just a guess though . I tried to click your link but it didn't work . ( nevermind - it's a database error - overload should work in a few . ) thanks .

10. Josh0806 macrumors member

Cool, are you some sort of 'industry insider'?

11. IphoneRevivers thread starter macrumors member

Thanks , I just took a look . Thats dated back july 15 and as you know day by day you learn something new . I think that's incorrect just based on the fact about your apple ID . if you put a new sim card in without adding your apple id to your phone , you can facetime . Now my phone has my apple ID but when i switch it to a tmobile sim , it loses all options of face time , so if it was based on my apple ID , i wouldn't lose the option . Just a guess .

12. IphoneRevivers thread starter macrumors member

Not at all . Im just a regular guy that repairs and sells parts for iPhone , iTouch and iPad =D

13. Josh0806 macrumors member

Nice. I presume you get shown parts so you know what you're dealing with when a new product comes out.

14. Josh0806 macrumors member

Also, do you know if this is the retina display?

15. Peterson8765 macrumors 6502a

Peterson8765

The new touch will probably have a Retina, the current resoultion is just too small thinking about it and Apple needs to move on if they need to go above and beyond the competition, oh wait, there is no "real" competition for the touch. All in all, they just need a retina. it would be really good for gaming.

16. Derkatwork macrumors 6502

Derkatwork

Isn't that the light sensor's spot? I agree facetime would be an excellent move for apple, but that doesn't mean we will get it.

17. The General macrumors 601

I really hope they make the display 5" or so. I would actually buy one... If it's just a phoneless iPhone 4, they aren't going to sell very many of them.

18. ventro macrumors 6502a

Looks like they are finally breaking vertical symmetry with this device. The top bezel is thinner than the bottom bezel. And look how thin the two bezels are compared to the iphone, and how close the home button is to the screen. This is going to be a pretty big change.

Edit: maybe not. Looks like the actual visible screen part on the front will be the same as before.

[​IMG]

19. SoraLimit macrumors regular

Think about it for a sec. If the current one can use the Ambient Light Sensor without a hole, why would they need one now?

It's for the camera...

20. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I hope the back camera can record 720p video like the Flip.

21. Biker macrumors regular

Look Closely You'll See The Censor And The Other Hole That You Can Clearly See Is The Front Facing Camera!!!

22. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

23. Josh0806 macrumors member

Does anyone know if this has the retina display as well?

24. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

I'm sure it will.

I wonder if it will mock the ipad in terms of design? Its time for Apple to ditch the ugly chrome backing.