Is having an iPhone being a Snob?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

My coworkers thinks so LULZ. They think that iphone owners or apple owners in general are snobbish and elitist. Do u get this impression?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Absolutely...and as an iPhone owner I look down upon them as lower life forms.

This is a very serious matter. I am definitely a snob...and, in fact, as an owner of several Apple devices, I don't even talk to non-Apple device owners.

Thank you for bringing up the very important topic.:)

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Its a tool. Often the best tool for the job.

But yes, some artsy preppy people who use iPhone's give that vibe about them self.
    Same for the open source crowd, when they parade their open source android superiority.

4. pmau macrumors 65816

I'm getting the impression that it's Sunday and you are bored ... or you care too much about other people's opinions...

Either way, iPhone are as snob as any other "high-value" brand out there. Including ... yes here it comes ... Samsung, Bose, Beats or Porsche, Ferrari, BMW.

You get the picture.

... now I go back to my Pink Champagne.

5. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Lol shrink. Well I do look into what people are using but that doesn't make u a snob IMO, it's merely an observation. But my coworkers and android people in general categorize apple owners generally as snobs so I lol at them

6. 617aircav Suspended

Ridiculous. It cost the same to own an iPhone as it's is to own any other flagship phone. In fact maybe less as the iPhone has better resale value.

7. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

It is beyond my understanding that anyone could possibly give a tinker's damn about what electronic devices anyone uses.

And since this phenomenon apparently does occur...it is my opinion that it is pathetic beyond words.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Kind of like calling the kettle black.

Any fanboy is a snob. Doesn't matter the product, the fanboy thinks it's the best and anyone who chooses something else is to be looked down upon and denigrated.

Your Android coworkers are also snobs. They just don't see it.

9. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I do... I look at them and give a lil smirk haha

10. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

11. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

They always make fun of my iphone, I feel like some jellyness on their end.u know how it goes, if your jealous of something u constantly have to talk smack about it to make u feel better haha

12. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Not to be judgmental or anything...but the premise of this thread beyond belief.

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes, but considering the history of the Mac there's a smidgeon of truth in that.

The Mac was adopted as the tool for the graphic arts industry. Later, it became the tool for the video industry.

Only recently has it become a tool for the masses. But before that the majority of users were professionals. The average person does not GET what a professional designer does ("Can't you just push a button?"). That got equated with Mac users being snobs.

It stuck and when Apple expanded it's product line beyond Macs it went right along with it.

14. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

People just have to have an opinion on everything.

I know idiots who have iPhones, I know very smart people who have iPhones. We all spend our money the way we want, and that's that.

People who belittle you like that should be avoided.

15. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

To be honest, I think I know more Android snobs than iPhone snobs. Mostly because the iPhone users I know couldn't care less about technology and only have iPhones because it's easy for them to use while the Android snobs tend to look down on iPhone users as iSheep. Note, I'm not generalizing here. I also know plenty of Android users who don't really care, either. It's just fanboys (of any platform really) that can get annoying.

16. 617aircav Suspended

Do people actually get into this my phone is better than yours ideology offline?

17. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, that's usually the case.

If you ever really want to rub it in to the more hardcore types, jailbreak your iPhone and install some stuff. Most Android people don't even root (if they are aware of it) so showing these people a jailbroken iPhone, well…it makes them upset.

Not that I'm engaging in tit for tat snobbery here, LOL! :)

18. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Apparently, yes. I've got a couple of cousins who evangelize about Android superiority. They just get ignored for the most part. :rolleyes:

19. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Yup

Glad someone finally said it.

Though I do have mercy on non-Apple users and am ready to welcome them into the club at any time.

----------

Do the tools you have work for what you do?

Yes: keep using them.

No: what the hell, you have a lot of options.

20. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I've jailbroken my 4 when I was usin my 4s.... These coworkers of mine never heard of the concept of jailbreaking and I showed them what it is. The next day they both jb their idevices, one had a 3GS back then and one has a touch... LULZ. What interest me is that they talk smack but then they say, I'm not gonna lie apple have the best hardware phone out there now. Hen they say, Samsung was first and ****.. Lol wtf. It's not about being the first, or being a firstwhore... It's about releasing the best product when it's time lol pathetic people.

21. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Not at all. You could also buy an old iPhone 3G for example. Whoever said that having an iPhone is for snobs should think twice.

22. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

23. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

Is having an iphone being a Snob?

iPhones are so common in 2014 that I don't think they could even come close to being snobbish or elitist.

In 2007 or 2008, there might have been some case for it, but some iPhones today are $0 upfront with a mobile phone contract, making them affordable to most people.

24. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

They said it's the aura apple owners give lol