Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
There is a strange economic pattern behind apple.

Before i learned about technology, I used a basic pc laptop. Then I thought that apple was the best tech computer thing out there, so I joined.

Then I learned that android is the best thing out there, cause you can do infinite things with it, and you are the ruler of the universe, and those with mac stuff are kinda advanced, but kinda not really.

So, yes, having an iphone is being a snob, but having an iphone also makes you part of the lesser because your stuff is formatted and you can't do nothing about it.

Did you get lost on the way to the Android forum?

juliehrobak

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2014
I think he was telling you to go there. :)

@ the OP: Having an iPhone makes you stand out as one of the elite, a snob, if you will. This is why I use a Galaxy Note 3. :rolleyes:

I know, I misread, and i fixed the post haha.

I'm on all of them. It pays to be well informed.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Holy Cow!:eek:

Is this...ah...completely...um...silly thread still going.

My goodness...I must be a snob as I think this thread is ridiculous in the extreme.:p

;)

hakuna-matata

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2011
My coworkers thinks so LULZ. They think that iphone owners or apple owners in general are snobbish and elitist. Do u get this impression?

No. I mean you are a snob if you think asking a question like that to "potential snobs" would help you get any meaningful insight..Although this is the best forum site(among all smartphone forums) to have an actually neutral and intelligent discussion, you should ask it on a general tech forum imo to know what the non-iphone owners think of those with iphones.
I'm sure 99% who buy iphone or any other high tech gadget for that matter don't think they're a snob or would admit to be so.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Ridiculous. It cost the same to own an iPhone as it's is to own any other flagship phone. In fact maybe less as the iPhone has better resale value.

Agreed.

It is beyond my understanding that anyone could possibly give a tinker's damn about what electronic devices anyone uses.

And since this phenomenon apparently does occur...it is my opinion that it is pathetic beyond words.

Well said. I get the best tool for the job and let others do the same.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Lol nah I got a Nexus 5 so people can see I have great taste
If they know what one is of course.

I'm yet to meet someone in the flesh and not off a forum that owns a Nexus. I've never seen them advertised or seen them in phone shops, not that I visit phone shops very often. I suppose in a geeky way they are cool because they are rare, cheap, and discard all product design on the outside to concentrate on the OS. In some circles you have taste my friend :)

----------

Probably because, just like their phone, they don't really fit in anywhere.:eek:
Haha brilliant lol.
Again Note's seem to be very rare in the hands of people I see. I suppose once you have a screen that massive, anything else seems stupid. I just couldn't cope with it when I'm not using it and the telephone directory crammed in the pocket look just doesn't appeal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.