Is iphone 4 the best design cellphone ever ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bandw, Sep 11, 2011.

1. bandw, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

bandw macrumors member

bandw

I don't think so, I will choose Nokia N9, what do you think?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LoveSteve macrumors member

Yes if the antenna problem was not exist :D still deserve FIVE STARS from me

3. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Awesome design, but im not nostalgic. I want something new.

4. tomtom101, Sep 11, 2011

tomtom101 macrumors regular

Glass back, while looks great, is not good design in my opinion! From my profession design must be practical as-well as anaesthetically pleasing... and while the iphone has the aesthetics down, practical side not so much! still love the phone tho!

5. Reddmanz macrumors regular

Definately the best looking phone to date in my opinion. Looking forward to what they come up with next though.

6. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

For me it's one of the best designs for a consumer product.

I can't recall any other product that does so much so well and looks this good.

7. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

When I first saw it on Gizmodo it was aiite not a big step, but when I first bought it and used it mind blowing. Now bored of it can't wait for the iPhone 5.

8. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Looks classy and all, but a brick made of glass with an aluminum ring around it isn't really ideal for everyday use

9. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I still think that this (The G2) is up there with the iPhone 4. And the iPhone 2G.

[​IMG]

10. ApplDMan macrumors newbie

definitly deserve a five star... i was using it since the first day release... never used a phone for that long

11. Highcroft macrumors regular

I think that Nokia and HTC are the only companies that compare with the iPhone with the HTC Legend being my favorite so far.
    [​IMG]

12. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

The N9 is hot. Just stick iOS on it and I'm sold.

13. Savor Suspended

Savor

It can be subjective since people's taste can be different and design also evolves.

I think iPhone 4 can be one of them. It harks back to the mid-20th century and more boxy design. Although I can see some hating it since it isn't the most comfortable to hold and some might miss the curves and the chrome bezel which adds some "bling" to the iPhone.

Some of my other favorites includes the Xperia X1, Nexus One, and BlackBerry Bold (9000 and 9900). Both the original and recent BB Bold feel great in the hand.

[​IMG]

For something a little older, I like the RAZR 2 Luxury Edition

[​IMG]

14. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

The iPhone 4 is the most beautiful iPhone yet. Awesome to look at, but horrible to hold. It's ergonomically horrible, and definitely the only iPhone that had the most negative publicity ever.

The Nokia N9 looks like a last-gen iPod Nano rip off. Wouldn't buy it, but that's just me.

15. Jamie0003, Sep 11, 2011

Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

I like the design, but wouldn't say it's the best.

Glass on both sides, antenna problems and a non-curved back cause a lot of problems for people, and is the main reason I skipped this gen. Hopefully the iPhone 5 will go back to a curved back, be made of something other than glass and have a redesigned antenna. Then I would call it the best.

It's stainless steel

16. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm still partial to the iPhone 2g. :D
    I love my iPhone 4 though.
    [​IMG]

17. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

18. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think the iPhone 4 is the best design yet. I haven't been able to replicate the signal loss issue.

19. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

Would be cool for iP5 to go back to Aluminium back, providing Apple can get the signal to go through correctly.

20. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

I too fall for the iPhone 2G's design. It still showed the technical limitation the world had in 2007, but it also pulled off a design that showed that Apple was one step ahead of the competition. It has a nice mix that makes it have a solid yet powerful feel to it.

21. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

22. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Personally, I like Galaxy S2 design that was released in Europe and Asia. I do not like the US versions. They look like crap.

23. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

My top three best phone designs (in no particular order):
    1. Original iPhone
    2. iPhone 4
    3. Motorola Razr

24. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

The iPhone 4 is beautiful to look at but awful to hold sans case. The glass back is absurdly slippery and it simply does not feel comfortable in my hand when I'm holding it to my ear. I would never use the iPhone 4 without a case.

I never once used a case for my 3G iPhone. It did not have the hardware issues of the iPhone 4.

The original iPhone is still my favorite with respect to hardware. My hope is that iPhone 5 ditches the glass back for aluminum or anything other than glass.

The N9 looks awesome but it's essentially dead on arrival, which really is a shame. If Nokia had a future for the N9 then I would seriously consider it. Personally I feel most Android phones pale in comparison to the iPhone with respect to hardware.

25. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I fully believe the iPhone 4 is the best designed smartphone out on the market currently. Most offerings are bulky and cheap. The iPhone 4 feels like a high quality phone.

Though I still enjoy looking at my iPhone 2G.