Is there a way to confirm that your pre-order reservation is valid?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Jun 15, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Given all the glitches today, I think it is likely that people will show up to Apple stores on release day with a printed email in hand stating that thay have a reservation, but no phone is available. After all, as no credit card number was given, there is no confirmation number or reservation number assigned to you.

To prevent any potential headaches, is there a way to call and confirm your reservation with Apple?

I ask because I tried making a reservation, as have others, on the Apple store iPhone app. It couldn't connect to the AT&T server it said, to confirm my existing account.

Nevertheless, I ended up getting a confirmation email detailing my reservation for an iPhone 4. But the fields for phone price and voice/data plan were left blank. So is this a valid reservation? Will I get my $199 upgrade and get to keep my current voice/data plan (including FAN discount)?

2. California King macrumors 65816

My guess is that they will send confirmation/reminders the week of the iPhone release date. If you don't get one, you probably don't have one reserved.

3. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

What I wrote in another thread:

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of if's about this. Some people have not received the e-mail, some have but are not under the reservations.

My mom said she did it, but no e-mail or reservation to be accounted for.

4. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

Someone posted a way to check it online early, but it didn't show up there for me or anyone else. I received the email. I was also able to check it on the iPhone app, where it showed the reservation.

5. BlueRazor2 macrumors member

Would it be good enough that I can log onto the Store App on my iPhone and see my reservation at my local apple store?

6. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

There are thousands and thousands of people out there in the same boat.
    everyone needs to call their local Apple store or Apple online and give their email address. They SHOULD be able to confirm the reservation. Whether they will or not is anyone's guess.

Apple and AT&T better get their house in order......

7. jimithing1 macrumors regular

If you download the Apple Store app on your existing phone you can navigate to the store that you reserved it at and then click on reservations. It will list your reservation there if you reserved it correctly.

8. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

9. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I read on here that for reservations, there is no order number...

10. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I figured that, but that is not fair to leave people hanging and not knowing if they have a phone reserved or not. It just seems too complicated. I feel bad for everyone who is going through this thinking they did everything correctly.

11. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I took a screenshot of my email, & reservation on the Apple Store App. I, & I'm sure many others, will raise hell if that doesn't account for anything. Hopefully, all will go well!

12. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

If you don't mind the trouble, go back to Apple.com and place another reservation. At the end of the checkout, it will tell you you can't place a reservation since one is already scheduled. I assume that is a confirmation.

Good luck.

13. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I got a confirmation email regarding my reservation.

My bud got one too. Note, he ordered well after I did and he got his email well before I did. His took minutes, mine was a couple of hours.

Also, the tip on using the Store App is a good one, I see my reservation is there too.

14. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

No, that is saying that no one can reserve anymore!!

15. BlueRazor2 macrumors member

You cannot do this since reservations are no longer available....

16. dmize31287 macrumors regular

A friend of mine is a business consultant for a local Apple Store, and has been there since the launch of iPhone 3g.

What a reservation is -

1) You reserve the phone with your apple ID account.
    2) After complete, you receive a confirmation email saying "well see you there".
    3) You show up on said date, if there is a line. They ask you for your Apple ID. Then they go in the back, verify you reserved one and mark it as yours.
    4) Wait in line for x amount of time, and pick it up.
    5) ????
    6) Profit with a new iPhone 4.

PS, you have that business day alone to pick it up. If you fail to show up before close, kiss your reserve away.

Also, he said they have yet to get so many orders that they can't fill their reserves. But he did note that they had about 1,000 reserves for his store. So I wouldn't sweat it.

17. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Oh, sorry, didn't know Apple took out reservation.

18. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I got my email and my apple store app says I have it reserved. So a reservation is like a pre order buy they send it to the store and you pay and activate it there?

19. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

You can't even reserve anymore, it says "find a store" on their website now.

They took down the reserve option.

20. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

But if you don't buy it that day, it's gone.

21. dmize31287 macrumors regular

Basically a reserve is a preorder, but you wait in a line with sweaty oversized people who have ponytails while they sit on their flamboyantly "clever" apple chair with their MBP (iPads now?). Your apple ID is your confirmation number and such. Just make sure to have your id, social, and Credit card on hand.

22. vegastime macrumors regular

I did not get an order number. I did get an email with the pick up date and time. Hope I will be OK. Nothing on the actual stores reservation system, though.

23. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

You are right, but now the delivery option is working and fast. I spend 10 hours waiting for the delivery option. I have the reservation option all day today. For me, I rather ship to my house.

24. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

There you go for those wanting to still reserve... cannot happen.

25. itsmequinn macrumors regular