Is there anything you like a lot less in iOS 7 than you did in iOS 6?

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I've heard copying and pasting pictures in text messages is harder.

Some say maps is more confusing.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
The only thing I don't like about iOS 7 is the loss of split view in Calendar. It's annoying to use the magnifying glass to see the list at once and it's not implemented that well.

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Oh Lordy, where do I begin...

The 5-bubble strength meter... why mess with something as iconic as the ole strength ladder. It conveyed the exact message at a glance. The 5 bubbles... looks bubbly I guess. :rolleyes:

Knockworstface

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2013
The whole look of iOS 7 is terrible. It's headache inducing and looks like a step backwards in terms the way everything looks. It was more polished and visual friendly looking before iOS 7. Not a fan of the look.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Apart from the user interface, everything has been improved in terms of functionality.
I'm not missing anything from iOS 6.

Dizzler

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2009
I've heard copying and pasting pictures in text messages is harder.

Some say maps is more confusing.
Yes. I don't like the colors. Looks too much like a kid's toy. Fisher-Price, Mattel, anyone?

wacky4alanis

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2009
Calendar app is awful - they need to just start from scratch and pay somebody good to do it right.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The only thing I don't like about iOS 7 is the loss of split view in Calendar. It's annoying to use the magnifying glass to see the list at once and it's not implemented that well.
That one is being addressed in iOS 7.1 it seems.

----------

I meant: in my opinion iOS 7 has too much white.
Yeah, would be nice to be able to change to a darker theme. iOS 7.1 seems to have some extra options relating to making things somewhat less bright and darker, so perhaps that's starting to go in the right direction.

----------

Oh Lordy, where do I begin...

The 5-bubble strength meter... why mess with something as iconic as the ole strength ladder. It conveyed the exact message at a glance. The 5 bubbles... looks bubbly I guess. :rolleyes:
A minor thing, but I completely agree.

----------

Yes. I don't like the colors. Looks too much like a kid's toy. Fisher-Price, Mattel, anyone?
That is also being tweaked somewhat in iOS 7.1.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
Music app in iOS7 looks like it copied tiles layout from the windows phone. The coverflow layout in earlier version was much cleaner with a unique Apple touch you won't find in other OS. Looks like they got too much overboard and fixed things which weren't broken, just for the sake of new look.

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
How about the functionality, is it better or worse?

Everything feels slower with all the animations that were added. Supposedly 7.1 is fixing this, but I haven't had hands-on. I hate the new "share" area; The screen that allows you to send to different apps. That took a large, confusing turn for the worse. I see how Control Center is a big step forward, even though I personally don't use it.

My TL;DR is that most of the added features are well done and needed to progress, but the design overhaul really hinders and ruins iOS as a whole.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Everything feels slower with all the animations that were added. Supposedly 7.1 is fixing this, but I haven't had hands-on. I hate the new "share" area; The screen that allows you to send to different apps. That took a large, confusing turn for the worse. I see how Control Center is a big step forward, even though I personally don't use it.

My TL;DR is that most of the added features are well done and needed to progress, but the design overhaul really hinders and ruins iOS as a whole.
So I shouldn't update?

plainwhitetay

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2010
North-east, Indiana
So I shouldn't update?
It depends on your device and your personal needs. I have an iPhone 5 that I kept on iOS 6.1.4 until just yesterday. Sadly, iOS 7 is the future of iOS. I was tired of being left out of all the new apps I was seeing releasing, only being iOS 7 compatible. Since the iOS 7 jailbreak came and tweaks are quickly becoming compatible, I decided to go.

If you're content with your setup now, and don't mind being left out of most new apps taking full advantage of iOS 7's new features, stay where you are.

Last edited:

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
It depends on your device and your personal needs. I have an iPhone 5 that I kept on iOS 6.1.4 until just yesterday. Sadly, iOS 7 is the future of iOS. I was tired of being left out of all the new apps I was seeing releasing, only being iOS 7 compatible. Since the iOS 7 jailbreak came and tweaks are quickly becoming compatible, I decided to go.

If you're content with your setup now, and don't mind being left out of most new apps taking full advantage of iOS 7's new features, stay where you are.
Is the interface slower?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.