Is there even display on iPhone7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vin7ces, Oct 5, 2016.

1. vin7ces macrumors member

vin7ces

I have seen many displays on iPhone7 on the threads and most of them are uneven with a dimmer part on the bottom of the screen. Mine is also like this.

I want to have a replacement, but I still worry about the new one is still uneven or worse. Can anyone shows his/her perfect screen and makes me believe that there IS perfect screen?

The yellow tint sometimes bothers me really a lot. I had it on my iPad Air and RMBP. But the screens are large enough for me to ignore them sometimes. However, iPhone is small and it's easy to notice it..

2. kre62 macrumors 68000

3. vin7ces thread starter macrumors member

vin7ces

yeah, the color is white, but the bottom still dimmer/darker...which matters..

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

Hmm yes i guess there still is a bit of variation. But this is probably about as good as it gets.

5. kre62 macrumors 68000

Theres no setting for "adjust only 1/2 of the screen"

6. vin7ces thread starter macrumors member

vin7ces

Yes! Exactly what I mean!
    Sometimes I wish if there is a kind of glass protector can adjust the tone....

7. dan9700 macrumors 65816

dan9700

same problem had 2 7 plus and both have 2 tone half darker on right or bottom, these screens are horrible

8. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 7 screen is great. Tried taking a picture with an older iPad and it didn't do the screen justice. Will try to find something to take a picture with it.

9. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

I feel your pain op but there is hope! It sure is a lottery that's for sure. And it seems like the majority of displays are uneven and have some yellow. This has been like this with the iPhone 6 and 6S series too. They have all been using basically the same LCD. I went through 6 or 7 iPhone 6's till I got a good one.

I got lucky this time with my JB 4.7 iPhone 7. I've only had it for 3 days now but the screen is acceptable. I can be just as nit picky about screens as anybody. This one is evenly lit. My only nit pick is maybe there is a slight yellowish tinge that I can see in the keyboard in the center keys going down to the space bar. But even that isn't a big deal. Everything else is perfect. There is no way I'm going to play the lottery again and risk getting something worse which has happened to me multiple times! Good luck!

10. vin7ces thread starter macrumors member

vin7ces

thanks for your words. And now I don't even know if I am too fastidious. Maybe mine is a better one among the most uneven models...and also without other issues.. maybe just like you.

11. macintoshmac macrumors 68000

macintoshmac

Rectangular polarizing filter for iPhone like a circular polarizing filter for lenses to adjust color tones!! :D

12. dan9700 macrumors 65816

dan9700

Its not acceptable for 900 pound phone to have uneven colour its perthetic

13. pendragon1984 macrumors 6502

I suspect that the majority have uneven tint with the botttom. I have gone through 4. They are all uneven with the bottom being more yellow and dimmer.

I find it unacceptable for the price. But clearly most don't care or apple wouldn't get away with it.

14. vin7ces thread starter macrumors member

vin7ces

Eventually, I got a replacement and the new one doesn't have dimmer bottom. But it got an issue between left and right. Left is like a red one and right is like a blue one. Not that obvious but still uneven. But maybe better than the former...I think......hopeless and disappointed.....

15. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

You've gone through 4 iPhone 4.7 inch iPhones already? That sucks. I went through I think 7 iPhone 6's till I got an acceptable screen that didn't have any tinge or color temp shift. But it did have 1 spec of dust in the upper left corner!

My JB 7 yellow tinge you can see in the keyboard is bugging me more and more everyday. It really bugs me I paid 750 for the thing and the most important part has defects over and over and they haven't gotten it right in the past 3 years with these displays! Yes I agree most don't notice or care but for us that do it really sucks.

Sorry op that you got another bum screen. I don't think I'm going to play the lottery. Maybe when my 1 year apple care is about to expire I might try but still taking a risk and getting something worse than what you have is really frustrating!

16. pendragon1984 macrumors 6502

If you have a lot of money in the bank, order 2 at a time. Check, return. Order 2 more. That's what I do. (I'd order 6 at a time, but apple will only let me order 2 at a time.)

Yea, most don't notice, but I can't see how. It's pretty obvious!

I have 2 more coming in the mail on tuesday. Will report on this forum whether either is acceptable.

17. netnative macrumors regular

netnative

I don't know about perfect, but perhaps satisfactory. The one on the left is my wife's Gold 256GB iPhone 7 Plus. The one right is a returned Black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus.

[​IMG]

Good luck. I reordered yesterday.

18. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

I am not sure it is fair to say most don't notice or care. I have an iPhone 7 with a perfect screen. These threads have assured that with people saying they have gone through 5 or more phones (how does someone get that many phones is still a mystery when people who ordered on day 1 are without) so my OCD kicked in and I checked.

I have seen 20-25 iPhone 7/7+ with zero screen issues. That ranges from display models to friends with them.

Not saying the problem doesn't exist. To be honest some of the yellow screens posted in these forums look like night shift is turned on.

19. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Right returned one doesn't look bad?

Don't care for that pink tint on the left spine of the left one.

Auto brightness should be turned off in comparisons

20. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

Where are you ordering from and getting phones so easily and quickly?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2016 ---
    I agree the returned one looked better.

21. daniphils macrumors newbie

Would you accept this display or go for an exchange? I'm uncertain. The iPhone 6 I used so far has an absolutely perfect screen :/

Attached Files:

22. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

It's really hard to tell from pictures. My screen is perfect but when I took a picture it didn't look so good. That is why I didn't post it. Still trying to find a way to take a good picture of it.

23. daniphils macrumors newbie

Yes same here. The picture of my screen looks worse than reality. I couldn't get it right with my iPad camera.

24. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

25. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

You haven't seen my perfect one then.