Is this the dumbest thing youve ever heard or what?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by groovdudeyo, Jan 30, 2009.

1. groovdudeyo macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

My mom does not want me to buy a laptop from apple because she says its not as user friendly and you have to push a different button to do things. what is this??

2. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Your mom needs to put down the Manhattan and join the 21st Century.

3. claimed4all macrumors 6502

Well alot of people might have never used an apple before, there for, they are scared. Take her to the apple store, set up a guided shopping tour, and have fun for an hour or two. Thats how I got my sister to buy one after she thought it would be too difficult to get one after using windows forever. Now she says she will never go back.

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Second this.

Seeing is believing. I've used this technique before and it usually works great.

5. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Or better yet, save up enough of your own money and buy one for yourself. That way you don't need her approval. ;)

6. efedor macrumors regular

You need new parents, Are you paying for the Macbook? If you are then dont worry just buy it. If they are paying for it then you need to to explain to them that if they buy it for you, you will show them that it is an easy computer to work with! Showing them readers reviews from companies like best buy, amazon and others help.

7. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Definitely take her to the store.

I think for the most part the reason why most people are so defensive of Windows is because Macs weren't always as they are now. OS X is pretty much what puts Macs and Windows based computers at a competetive level. Everything before that was ehhh. Unfortunately, most people who don't try out OS X are basing their arguments off pre-OSX.

8. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

The two phrases "not user friendly" and "Apple" never go together in one sentence!

9. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

and whats up with the OS? it doesnt even have a START button!

10. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

"Apple" isn't a phrase...

Not that it matters. We all get the sentiment.

11. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

3 words for your mom: three button mouse - simplicity doesn't get any more retarded than the single button mouse. seriously. anything less complicated and the company will have to start selling macs to rabid fanboys outta crackerjack boxes.

12. aiterum macrumors 6502

aiterum

yes. the solution is to emancipate yourself

13. groovdudeyo thread starter macrumors regular

groovdudeyo

I have bought everything I own with my own money. My xbox 360, my ipod touch, my tv, my psp and for all of these things my dad said that I need to save my money. Save it for what?! I saved for all those things. If he doesnt want me to buy anything over 100 dollars that has a screen then its going to be **** near impossible to make him let me spend $5000 on a fully pimped macbook pro. Yeah I know. My parents are screwed up. I mean really Im fifteen years old and I cant go past the stop sign at the end of the street! I do anyway though but they never find out.;)

14. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

Why are you making fun of your mother publicly? So she said something dumb about tech. When you're her age your kids are going to laugh at how out of touch you are. I hope you appreciate that irony when it comes barreling down at you....

15. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Just another "mom" excuse from wasting your money on anything. :D

16. mstout macrumors member

Your mom sounds like a nice person. But your mom is wrong. Of course, you know that. Good luck.

17. infernohellion macrumors 6502

I buy a Mac just because it has Mac OS X on it. Yes, once you're with OS X you cannot go back. But hell, I really wanna go back. I want a laptop with a better GFX than 9600M GT.

18. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

Your mom shouldn't be telling you what to buy unless she's buying it. If she's buying it for you than we have a whole 'nother problem on your hands ;)

just kidding

19. wesrk macrumors 6502a

LOL!!! :D :D Couldn't stop laughing for a little while!

20. ou lumberjack macrumors newbie

You should wait until you go to college so you don't miss out on OS

21. JtheLemur macrumors 6502

"…and you have to push a different button to do things…"

Did your mom stop using the telephone when they went from rotary to push-button?

Did your mom stop watching TV when they went from physical dial controls to remote controlled?

Now, in that quote, I guess your mom's technically correct. But, who cares? And what are you, a mama's boy?

On the other hand…

Listen to your mom and save your damn money, there's a recession afoot.

:D

22. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

23. minik macrumors 65816

Is this the dumbest thing youve ever heard or what?

nope.

not as user friendly [compared to ?]

push a different button to do things [possible]