Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ATimson

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2007
Is it me or is it getting even more bloated, its 61.27megs for windows!

Half the stuff I don't even use - come on apple give us itunes which can have only the stuff needed installed it can't be that difficult can it :rolleyes:
Actually, it can; iTunes is dependent on QuickTime for all of its playback capabilities.

Retired
May 16, 2006
Thankfully I use XSlimmer to get rid of some of the bulk on this horrendously huge music(/video/syncing/game buying) app...

xtbfx

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2003
It also shows that your iPod is charging (haven't seen this before).
PLUS it looks like the "freeze" time on the 160GB Classic has been cut to about 5-10 seconds, which is a little more manageable.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,535

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
After the upgrade every time I dock my iPhone I get a message saying that iTunes cannot sync information with the iPhone because syncing has been disabled. It asks me if I want to enable sycning and I click YES. Then it pops up a warning box that says Syncing cannot be enabled on this computer. My choices are Override and OK. No matter which one I click it goes ahead and syncs.

This never happened before.

I'm running Leopard on a 2Ghz C2D MacBook.

Marilyn

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Thanks for the heads up. Installed without a hitch here. (I crossed my fingers since it doesn't always go that smooth..at least not for me!)

Retired
May 16, 2006
At least its not as bad as the blurry CF scrollbar (MB C2D 2.16 1GB GMA950)

picture183d90.png

For such a seemingly small update, Apple should not be releasing such a widely-used app with a problem like this...

esco

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2005
Myrtle Beach, SC
anyone else having a problem making a smart playlist for videos? I do this for syncing tv shows to my iPhone (worked fine with itunes 7.4) but with the new iTunes it doesn't show any tv shows when I select the options:

Match the Following Rule:
Video Kind - is - TV Show
Limit to: 10 items selected by least recently added
Match only checked items
live updating

even when just specifying tv shows without doing the last 3 options, i still don't get any items on my playlist. When i then right click the playlist to edit it, the "match rule" field is just a gray rectangle (can't see the "video kind - is - tv show)

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
I just found some of the rumoured "better management of duplicate video and song entries". If you attempts to drag any songs into a playlist that already has those songs, you get this:

2005035767665562275_rs.jpg

LSK6453

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2006
It also shows that your iPod is charging (haven't seen this before).
PLUS it looks like the "freeze" time on the 160GB Classic has been cut to about 5-10 seconds, which is a little more manageable.

mine does not show the charging icon...

iJawn108

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2006
At least its not as bad as the blurry CF scrollbar (MB C2D 2.16 1GB GMA950)

picture183d90.png

For such a seemingly small update, Apple should not be releasing such a widely-used app with a problem like this...
MB Coreduo and not having that issue either.

Jimmieboy

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2005
Australia
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this. Ther is a Ringtones tab in the library section now. Maybe that has been there for US users but not for me in Australia!

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
This is not good. I have also lost my Spotlight on the menu bar. Command-space doesn't bring it up either. How do I get it back????

The syncing problem is annoying because it takes around 15-20 seconds of nothing happening before I get the pop-up window.

MrCrowbar

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2006
Yay, they fixed the look to make it look like a Leopard app.

Errr... hast it always used that much RAM? 120 MB‽ Seriously?
picture3ae2.png

BulkHedd

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2006
This is not good. I have also lost my Spotlight on the menu bar. Command-space doesn't bring it up either. How do I get it back????

The syncing problem is annoying because it takes around 15-20 seconds of nothing happening before I get the pop-up window.

Apparently the problem is with my sync server. I tried to go into .Mac syncing in system prefs and nothing happened. When I launched iSync I get an error saying it timed out waiting for the sync server.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Installed on my Leopard partition and yeah CoverFlow definitely 'flows' more now....still not perfect but much better

budward

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2006
DO not use this update!

I have dual displays an apple 30" and a Dell 24" this update has made my resolution horrible and I cannot get it back! Totally F'd everything up!

anyone know how to uninstall these updates!!!!!

budward

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2006
Time Machine? Laughable

Okay so I back up 200GB worth of stuff to get one lost file, Yeah!! But when I do a system update and go back to my last saved backup in Time Machine because the update is trash It does nothing!!!

Laughable, and to think that I am an apple fan extreme.

I don't even want to tell you guys the leopard server issues.. remind me of another company way back in the 90's that begins with an M.

heh.. now working on uninstalling the last quick time update that killed me.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Okay so I back up 200GB worth of stuff to get one lost file, Yeah!! But when I do a system update and go back to my last saved backup in Time Machine because the update is trash It does nothing!!!

Laughable, and to think that I am an apple fan extreme.

I don't even want to tell you guys the leopard server issues.. remind me of another company way back in the 90's that begins with an M.

heh.. now working on uninstalling the last quick time update that killed me.

Sounds like your QuickTime install is having problems - not iTunes. The problem is you need to restore your system with your Leopard install CD and Time Machine. The changes made were made to the system, its not as simple as changing the files back.

Also just as a side not I have experienced none of the resolution problems you listed and Im using a Dell monitor and my MacBook Pro.

Data

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2006
iTunes only

I agree with all people here that would like itunes be about tunes again , and not videos photoos , it's so damn slow in starting up now i can't believe it, hopefully they'll chance that at some point and separate the music from the rest, i just use itunes for music nothing else and it is getting less end less fun to use it. Or if they would just make it fast again i'll be happy to of course ;-) .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.