Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

compuguy1088

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
In the Sub-Basement of Solitude
Don't forget those of us sporting an 800 MHz G4 or Earlier. My quicksilver isn't invited to the Leopard Happy Fun Club

What your Quicksilver needs to join the Leopard Happy Fun Club is a little thing called a hack :D
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/371302/

Are these localized strings new?

<MEGA SNIP>

I particularly like this line:

"4320.073" = "Enabling the iPhone for disk use requires manually ejecting the iPhone before each disconnect, even when automatically syncing music.";

iPhone disk use anyone? :D

creator2456

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago
iTunesiPod.jpg

I wanted to start my iPod fresh and did a restore from within iTunes...now my iPod shows up as a flash drive on the desktop and is not showing up in iTunes. :(

*edit*

Just plugged it in for the 10th time and it's working...odd.

EagerDragon

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2006
MA, USA
If this is available now, maybe the new iPhone update comes this week to a new iBrick near you.

I can't believe that people are still hacking the iPhones. I bet you get notes sync on the new release.

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
updated them both on my mbp.
the restarting took half an hour without finishing.
i have to force shutdown the computer.
it runs fine after that though.
but im still not sure what's going on.

X38

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
Install problems

Be careful with this one. I got the blue screen for about 5 minutes after clicking the restart now button when the upgrade was supposedly complete. In fact, it restarted the install process after it had already started the shut down process; very weird. I gave up and was just reaching for the power button when it finally started to behave. This is the first Apple software upgrade I've ever had a problem with. (BTW, I had not issues with installing the 10.5 upgrade on my PPC iMac.)

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
I can't believe no one has quoted your post yet. This is HUGE. Voice memos and disk mode :cool:

I can't believe MacRumors hasn't put this on page1, page2, or in the iPhone blog yet.

If the strings do exist of course, I can't say they do for fact because I haven't seen them other then in a post.

Disk mode? Voice Memos? hmmm

EagerDragon

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2006
MA, USA
iTunes 7.5 isn't the shoe that counts for iphone jailbreakers/unlockers/etc. it's what happens when iphone update 1.1.2 is released in a few days that will tell us where Apple is at.

More than likely in the same spot as with 1.1.1 which did some bricking. My brick wall is growing.

akakillroy

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Bethalto, IL
iTunes, Address Book, iCal Crash after updates

Well I am dead in the water. After the update (all seemed to go fine) I restarted ,and now iTunes crashes on startup as well as iCal and Address book, haven't tested any other out, Safari and email seem to work. Anyone else having this issue?

Mac Pro, Leopard, iLife 08

websyndicate

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2007
Spokane Valley,WA
Well I am dead in the water. After the update (all seemed to go fine) I restarted ,and now iTunes crashes on startup as well as iCal and Address book, haven't tested any other out, Safari and email seem to work. Anyone else having this issue?

Mac Pro, Leopard, iLife 08

Repair Disk Permission when volume is mounted or boot to disk and repair disk permission from there. Boot to Leopard disk by holding the Option Button and choose the DVD when it comes up

akakillroy

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Bethalto, IL
Repair Disk Permission when volume is mounted or boot to disk and repair disk permission from there. Boot to Leopard disk by holding the Option Button and choose the DVD when it comes up

Did that, I get this but I don't think it is related:
Code:
Repairing permissions for “Boot Volume”
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
I only updated iTunes, and I'm not seeing many changes at all. I don't even have the icon next to my iPod in the "device" column. I don't think I'll mess w/ Quicktime since so many folks are having problems with it.

BTW, what is "iPod backup"?

akakillroy

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
Bethalto, IL
Did that, I get this but I don't think it is related:
Code:
Repairing permissions for “Boot Volume”
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions repair complete

Uh Oh:

Code:
Verifying volume “Boot Volume”

Performing live verification.
Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume.
Checking Extents Overflow file.
Checking Catalog file.
Checking multi-linked files.
Checking Catalog hierarchy.
Checking Extended Attributes file.
Incorrect number of Extended Attributes
(It should be 4078 instead of 4079)
Checking volume bitmap.
Checking volume information.
The volume Boot Volume needs to be repaired.

Error: Filesystem verify or repair failed.

powerbook911

macrumors 601
Mar 15, 2005
They said there would be better management for duplicate files. I thought this might mean better at keeping a lossless or 256 AAC alongside a 128 AAC, for devices.

I guess this didn't happen though?

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
No choice of platform

I'm at work and on a Windows box. The download page for Quicktime no longer gives an option for selecting the Mac or Windows version but 'cleverly' senses that you must only want the version for the machine you are working on. Lame. Lame. Lame.

Does anyone have a direct link to the good version to download? I tried editing the URL for the Win download but just got errors.

[edit] Never mind. Found it. https://swdlp.apple.com/cgi-bin/Web...p_code=qtimemac&returnURL=/quicktime/download

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.