Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Canerican

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2006
It has support for movie rentals. I don't actually see any other changes. UI is exactly the same, sort fields are the same. ITL looks the same in finder.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
iTunes 7.6 Released

iTunes 7.6 is available in Software Update or via direct download. The update adds support for Apple's new movie rental service.

Rent and download your favorite movies with iTunes on your computer or directly to your living room on Apple TV. Enjoy rented movies in sizes up to 720p HD with surround sound on your Apple TV and sizes up to DVD-quality on your computer. Transfer your rented movies from iTunes to your iPod or iPhone and enjoy them on the go.

Also, purchase and download your favorite TV shows, music, and more directly on your Apple TV. Effortlessly transfer purchases made on Apple TV back to your computer with iTunes.

Article Link

Spades

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Enjoy rented movies in sizes up to 720p HD with surround sound on your Apple TV and sizes up to DVD-quality on your computer.

So...
a) You can't buy HD quality movies.
b) You can't rent HD quality movies on your computer.

Pathetic.

dambro1978

macrumors regular
May 20, 2005
ipod touch update 1.1.3

anyone having problems?
it says to me unable to connect to the update server..

lawclerk

macrumors member
Jan 25, 2007
I"m being stupid here, but I can't find the rent button. I've got iTunes 7.6, but not rent button.

Any advice?

I just saw an icon in the top for "Live Free or Die Hard" "available to rent!" then it passed and I haven't seen it or anything else related to rentals yet. It was on the front page in the top left of iTunes.

Asar

macrumors regular
May 29, 2006
manually manage your music with iphone

finally! i can manage my music manually with my iphone :)

Ha ze

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2006
So...

Pathetic.

Agreed.
Talk about a little confusing too, so I can get HD content, but not on my all my iTunes devices? Makes no sense.

imac/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
I don't really care about the HD quality, but it would be nice to be able to rent movies with surround sound with my computer. My iMac is hooked up as a home theatre and I would like to hear all the sound for $3.99.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
So...

Pathetic.

I am pretty pissed about this myself...I do want to rent as well, but I want to own some movies, and I want them in HD...

As for why the HD can't be played on a computer...that makes no sense at all.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Does anyone know if this fixes the video kind smart playlist bug? That killed my iPod's video playback. damn thing!

markrich

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2005
fixed the quicktime bug with CBR!

After all the nonsense written to explain away the bug in the last version of iTunes/Quicktime, it's good to feed my collection with CBR at 256Mbs again with the CD's.

My iPod is happy with the new version!

nhborn57

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2007
New England
Memory problems

Since upgrading to 7.6, I get the following error box when trying to load iTunes.

"The iTunes application could not be opened. There is not enough memory available."

I've repaired permissions and repaired the HD, Shutdown and logged in, still I get this error message. Does anyone have any idea why iTunes is displaying this error message? iTunes 7.5x was working fine before I upgraded to 7.6.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Since upgrading to 7.6, I get the following error box when trying to load iTunes...
You could try trashing file /Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist. I don't know if that will help. It's just one of the standard tricks when an application misbehaves.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.