Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
utah_boy2 said:
Browsing with FireFox on windows XP is there any way to find where the video clip saves to.

Where is the cache for firefox browser? Little of topic, but I wanted to keep the commercial.

Way Way Better then last Years, too!

-Jordan

Not sure where Firefox keeps its cache, but Mozilla on WinXP keeps the cache at C:\Documents and Settings\*user account name*\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\default\00urtsw8.slt\Cache

Or you could just grab the file here or here

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
wembley said:
One wonders if Pepsi is going to actually bother shipping all the caps this year.

IIRC, last time they did this something like 1/3 of the contest caps never made it out in time.

I know what you mean. I'm in Los Angeles and didn't really start seeing the caps until about a month or month and a half before the thing was over. Pepsi was still shipping the bottles with some Lakers contest. Bah!

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
aricher said:
Any word on whether or not they solved the "tilt to win" top problems?

From what I know, the tilt still works.

What also works is shining a bright light (I use a Mag-lite mini) through the cap (down towards the inside of the bottle). Keep the bottle vertical. If you do that you can actually make out what's printed on the cap as it's reflected off the soda (has to be a dark soda though such as Pepsi/diet Pepsi). Won't work with clear sodas/drinks.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
People might get the wrong idea and thing if you open up a bottle of Pepsi, a song will start to play, ala those moo-ing milk cartoons where you win a free car.

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
csubear said:
does any one know if apple purschaed a superbowl ad spot this year.

Actually, they did. They're going to promote the PowerBook G5 during the Super Bowl. :D

sw1tcher

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
joemama said:
Have you watched regular television and Sportscenter??...Apple ads are EVERYWHERE. They finally opened up their wallet...

The only ads I've seen lately are for the iPod shuffle.

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Wow, so much better than last year's abomination of an ad it's not even funny. After the commercial last year I actually wanted to buy a Pepsi less than before. This one's not amazing, but funny and appealing.

Wonder what the other Pepsi ads are going to look like.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
SpY2K said:
I find it amusing... should get the point across now that there are 4 million more iPod owners than last year eager for free music. :cool:

I especially like the last guy confronting his boss in the restroom... ackward but funny.

4 million iPod users in the last quarter alone. Not sure of the number but a lot more than 4 million more iPod owners since the last SB.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
numediaman said:
Terrible commercial for the Super Bowl. Why? If you don't know that it's for iTunes before you see (like we all did) it makes no sense until the very end. And since it is too expensive to air the commercial many times during the SB, its effect is completely lost.

A commercial for the SB has to be either 1) instantly funny or entertaining (like the Monster ads from a few years ago), or 2) instantly engaging (like the '84 ad).

I think the ad is fine for Pepsi, but does Apple no good -- just like last time.

You do understand that this is a Pepsi ad and promotion designed to sell more Pepsi products. Why should Pepsi create an ad to benefit Apple? It's up to Apple to grab users once they enroll in the iTMS or come to site to redeem freebies. Apple benefits, at a minimum, from the dollars Pepsi will pay for the songs.

ASP272

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Nashville, TN
sw1tcher said:
From what I know, the tilt still works.

What also works is shining a bright light (I use a Mag-lite mini) through the cap (down towards the inside of the bottle). Keep the bottle vertical. If you do that you can actually make out what's printed on the cap as it's reflected off the soda (has to be a dark soda though such as Pepsi/diet Pepsi). Won't work with clear sodas/drinks.

I don't drink caffeine, so I bought all Sierra Mists last year. You can hold the bottle upside down and clearly read the cap - it actually magnifies it a little bit through the curve of the bottle bottom and the liquid. I was 19 for 20 because I got rushed on one. What's really cool is that the vending machine at my work has the bottles lying on their side with the end facing out, so you can read all the caps before you buy. How sweet is that? :cool:

ASP272

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Nashville, TN
The commercial was good, but not Apple good. If Apple did it we would probably see another 1984 commercial. I doubt Apple would do an iTunes/iPod style commercial for the superbowl, since those ads are frequented on daily TV. They'd bring something new and exciting I'm sure. They need to get Christopher Walken to do a commercial with them, like "Weapon of Choice".

jiv3turkey748

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2004
atlanta
i think its a good ad but i think apple should make a mac mini ad for the superbowl so windows users can see some apple computers instead of just ipods and itunes

Edot

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2002
NJ
Doctor Q said:
I like the idea in the commercial, that your tune is physically IN your bottle. So why does the music stop when an open Pepsi is knocked over as the garage band plays? Does the music only come out when the neck is facing up? Somebody needs to read the technical specs on these fictional music-playing bottles.

Maybe it has to do with the rate at which the CO2 escapes from the soda, and this process is what creates the sound. When this rate is increased or decreased (knocking, capping, or shaking the soda) the audible output of the bottle is effected. I bet you could make a real annoying loud noise by shaking a soda and having it explode everywhere! I think it makes perfect sense, and the commercials don't seem to have any technical errors. ;)

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
If they ever do create a video iPod, a cool idea (I think) for the commercial would be to show the original Ridley Scott Macintosh "1984" ad, then pull back sloooowly to reveal that the video is playing on an iPod... then show that the world is a bright place completely unlike the world depicted in the "1984" ad.

LimitedEdition

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2005
It's a decent enought "normal" ad, but it's not really of the pedigree to show at the Superbowl.

Also it seemed like the timing of the lid and the music was out for some of the people.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
multi-pod people

rdowns said:
4 million iPod users in the last quarter alone. Not sure of the number but a lot more than 4 million more iPod owners since the last SB.

It would be interesting to adjust that figure ("owners") for the number of people with multiple iPods....

I have a kool-ade drinking friend with 6 - a 5 GB original, a 20 GB, a photo, two minis (different colors - he couldn't decide) and now a shuttle. (Probably more shuttles on the way, he's talking about handling the poor playlist support by using each one as a playlist.)

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I liked it, and agree that it was far better than last year's ad. I look forward to seeing the others.

I also hope to see an Apple ad of some sort this year, even if it is a Shuffle ad.

twentyeight7

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2003
BOUNCING SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00t a short but great spot for THE BOUNCING SOULS. if you dont know them check it out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.