MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

132006-facebook_logo.jpg

TechCrunch reports that it has received information claiming that Apple is set to roll out support for Facebook Connect in iTunes, making it easier for users to share items and information with their friends and extending the social aspects of the iTunes Store to broaden its reach.
It certainly adds up. Over the last few weeks, iTunes has been building out its Facebook Page at Facebook.com/iTunes, which now includes polls, featured items, and is being promoted in iTunes itself. And Lala, which was acquired by Apple in December, has extensive experience working with Facebook Connect (they also power Facebook's song gifting feature).
Apple introduced Facebook and Twitter sharing to the iTunes Store with the release of iTunes 9 last September, but TechCrunch notes that Facebook Connect integration would bring more powerful tools for enhancing the social aspects of the iTunes Store.

Article Link: iTunes to See Increased Facebook Integration?

Banquo

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2010
What I'd love is to be able to sync me Facebook contacts - numbers and email addresses and all - with my iPhone or iPod Touch contacts. There are a few apps that do something like this but they don't (legally forbidden) get the phone numbers or emails. Would be a great inclusion.

Comment
Aug 26, 2008
I'd actually just like a copy of iTunes that works well. I can't believe how bad this "flagship" software is.

Comment

Banquo

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2010
Runs great on OSX for me; incredibly slow and bloated on Windoes Xp, Vista and 7.

Comment

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I have never used these features in the current version of iTunes, I cannot see myself using it in the future. Sorry Appe!

Comment

doug in albq

Suspended
Oct 12, 2007
It seems like every aspect of human existence is integrating itself into Facebook.

I do not see this as a positive.

Comment
Aug 26, 2008
Runs great on OSX for me; incredibly slow and bloated on Windoes Xp, Vista and 7.

Every version of iTunes is crap. OSX, Windows, doesn't matter. Try this. Compare iTunes on an iMac i7 vs. the Zune Software on a Core 2 Duo. One of them completely kicks the other ones butt, and check your fanboyism at the door when making this comparison.

Comment

skate71290

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
UK
i don't know how the rest of you see this, but all i see in this is Apple basically marketing for pretty much free... if i post a song on Facebook from iTunes, anyone of my 500 or something friends will see it... and be more likely to buy it with a link already there? this isn't really that important for an individual user... unless you are my brother and feel the need to post everything he does on Facebook...

Comment

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I'd actually just like a copy of iTunes that works well. I can't believe how bad this "flagship" software is.

I don't understand all the complaints about iTunes, it works great for me. Never had any issues at all. Maybe it's just the windows version that people don't like?

Comment

bludodge

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
Sorry, tried, but just can't get into facebook, twitter, etc. Who cares? WTH is Mafia Wars or Farming?

Comment

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I used to use Facebook but used to get annoyed by the sillier side of it. The final straw for me was when a friend tried to send me "virtual boobs" (I'm sure thats what it was).

After the constant notifications and idiocy on there, I just gave up. My missus will probably love any Facebook integration tho.

Comment

Mintin8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2009
United Kingdom
I can picture it now, my news feed is going to be full of 'Currently Listening to - *Enter artist here*' buy this song from the iTunes store!

Comment

bludodge

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
I don't understand all the complaints about iTunes, it works great for me. Never had any issues at all. Maybe it's just the windows version that people don't like?

+1. iTunes works perfect for me as well. Wish is had a Pandora type of feature that would let me listen to like bands/music, but that will probably not happen because they want you to purchase songs. So I listen to Pandora for learning about new bands and songs, and then go to iTunes to pucrhase them. I think it would work if iTunes did this because if you couldn't replay the song, you could at least tag it and purchase it, instead of using 2 apps to do this.

Comment

bludodge

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
I can picture it now, my new feed is going to be full of 'Currently Listening to - *Enter artist here*' buy this song from the iTunes store!

of course, the only reason they would do this would be to increase sales

Comment

bludodge

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
I used to use Facebook but used to get annoyed by the sillier side of it. The final straw for me was when a friend tried to send me "virtual boobs" (I'm sure thats what it was).

After the constant notifications and idiocy on there, I just gave up. My missus will probably love any Facebook integration tho.

exactly, went from a place to see family and friends pictures, etc to all of the invite for stupid games, polls and quizes..........

Comment

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Here's a new idea.

Take iTunes and strip ALL of the **** out of it so it JUST PLAYS MUSIC!

Then make a new app that can handle the itunes store and syncing ipods

Comment

bludodge

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2010
Here's a new idea.

Take iTunes and strip ALL of the **** out of it so it JUST PLAYS MUSIC!

Then make a new app that can handle the itunes store and syncing ipods

Yeah, remember when MTV showed only videos back in the late 80's............

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.