Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wovel

macrumors 68000
Mar 15, 2010
America(s)!
If you go back on Macrumors and look up comments (be warned, its scary) right after the first iPod, first iPhone (actually, every iPhone), iPad, Apple TV......um, basically any announcement no one is every happy and as soon as the doors open for launch the lines stretch around the block and Apple has record sales.

Basically what I am trying to say is I don't know why I come to MacRumors, this crowd is already judging and saying they will not buy a product that hasn't even been announced yet, we can't even wait for it to become a thing for us to hate, we just hate it preemptively.

Preemptive haters gonna preemptively hate.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2009
The sensors really need to be good, I just tried the Galaxy Gear (I think it was that) and when measuring your heart rate it says "Do not move, do not talk" and it takes like a whole minute to display a result. That is the most useless way to measure someone's heart rate in the world. Apple can make a difference if their sensors actually work.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
If you go back on Macrumors and look up comments (be warned, its scary) right after the first iPod, first iPhone (actually, every iPhone), iPad, Apple TV......um, basically any announcement no one is every happy and as soon as the doors open for launch the lines stretch around the block and Apple has record sales.

Basically what I am trying to say is I don't know why I come to MacRumors, this crowd is already judging and saying they will not buy a product that hasn't even been announced yet, we can't even wait for it to become a thing for us to hate, we just hate it preemptively.

You've summed up a problem on these forums really well. People are so incredibly negative. They moan that Tim Cook hasn't unveiled a new category, but when something like Swift is announced the comments read 'you can't give him credit for that it's been in production for years'.

leeds utd fc

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
Leeds UK
Overpriced, gaudy, status symbols - got it.

Might I interest you in a Vertu phone?

'Overpriced'? Don't buy one. Rolex and PP somehow manage to sell all the watches they can make.

'Gaudy'? There are some gaudy watches out there - my wife wears a Michael Kors watch fgs - but a Rolex Sub or a PP Calatrava are hardly gaudy.

'Status symbols'? Trust me, if I bought something to show off as a status symbol I wouldn't choose a watch! Nobody ever notices what you wear on your wrist. And even if they did notice the watch, I can guarantee that over 99% of people wouldn't recognise a Patek if it bit them on the ass.

SHNXX

macrumors 68000
Oct 2, 2013
'Overpriced'? Don't buy one. Rolex and PP somehow manage to sell all the watches they can make.

'Gaudy'? There are some gaudy watches out there - my wife wears a Michael Kors watch fgs - but a Rolex Sub or a PP Calatrava are hardly gaudy.

'Status symbols'? Trust me, if I bought something to show off as a status symbol I wouldn't choose a watch! Nobody ever notices what you wear on your wrist. And even if they did notice the watch, I can guarantee that over 99% of people wouldn't recognise a Patek if it bit them on the ass.

Agreed.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
why do you want an iWatch for if you are not interested in health data?

I don't know, it's Apple's job to figure that out :)
I can already name three things though: Music, Apple TV remote, and something cool to tell the time.

----------

Exactly. There's no such thing as an overpriced product that people buy without regrets. It's fun to have a nice watch.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Serious observation: Today everywhere I go I see people playing with their phones. No matter where they are or what they are doing. No matter the age, from 8-80. Checking email, texting, walking around mostly oblivious to their surrounds, eyes glued to that phone. Now suddenly, these same people are going be walking around, etc, only now monitoring their heart rate, how many steps they took, how many calories in the two Big Mac's and large fries they just inhaled, etc etc.? Or are all of the overweight out of shape people in the US suddenly going to go on a health craze and finally be able to lose weight because of an Apple device?

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I was not planning on even considering buying this but now with all these health sensors, I'm looking forward to it. I would love something like that to help me stay healthy. I hope there's something for lifting on it.

Nismo73

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2013
As long as the iWatch is waterproof I am all over it.
If it isn't, no thanks.

Last thing I want is a gadget to break because I might forget to take it of when washing hands, taking a shower or going for a swim.
By the way, we swimmers need something to track our activities. I hope Apple can come up with something cool.

That's my question, how water resistant/proof will this be? If it's going to have wireless charging, this could mean it's pretty much sealed up. There will be no need to plug anything thing to it.

viizi

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
It would be nice to have a 10ATM rating, which shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility if the devices utilizes inductive charging and has no openings in the case.

yep 10ATM would be good enough for me. If no ATM rating I am sure it will happen in further releases

vice-versa

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2012
I was not planning on even considering buying this but now with all these health sensors, I'm looking forward to it. I would love something like that to help me stay healthy. I hope there's something for lifting on it.

I don't think so. Not good for people with paranoia. And we all know a lot of Apple users are paranoid. I mean, every youtube video I see, there always this Apple guy screaming "you're a copy cat". LOL

Vinamra

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
This makes things very interesting! I'm looking at buying my 1st fitness tracking wristband (considering the jawbone up 24) but I'm quite sure the iWatch will be better integrated with the health app for iOS 8. I'm really confused whether I should wait for the watch or go ahead and buy the Jawbone :confused:

10smom

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2008
USA
I hope the recruite not pro Fitness geeks.

Im, not a pro but I have fitnees Iwatch desires that I am sure have nothing to do with pro training. Here are my list of must have

1. Intgrates easilly with alll fitness apps
  2. Can change watch faces within apps based on feilds that the app has on ios. (see echo/wahoo fitness watch faces as perfect example.
  3. Can track steps without having phone near by
  4. Can track heartrate (with heartrate monitor attached ) without having phone near by and sync later to any fitness app
  5. Has sensor for tracking Vo2 Max like Garmin Felix has

Some apps that will be a must for getting the most out of it and wide reach of audience are :

• Argus
  • mapmyrun
  • myfitenss pal
  • wahoo fitness
  • lose it

And More

I am hopping Apple working with these app developers to get them integrating well out of the box on release date.

Anyone at apple want me to be a tester I would be out there in a heartbeat.

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.