General Jailbreak Ends @ 6.1.2 - Pod2g

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Auxo, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Auxo macrumors 6502

2. nepalisherpa, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013

nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

3. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

I agree, no need to waste an exploit on 6.1.3.

However if you are not JB then September is a looong way off :D

4. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

As much as I like knowing there's a jailbreak available at any given time in case something goes wrong on my phone and I need to restore, I definitely don't think they should waste time or exploits on 6.1.3.

And I hate saying that because we've still got a lot of time between now, the next public release of a major iOS (7) and then that jailbreak. Almost a year most likely? A lot of crap can happen to your phone in that time! And if something does happen, you're pretty much screwed.

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i voted for 6.1.3 why not?!

just incase something happens to your device?

i mean as soon as a new challenge comes out to exploit/jailbreak an iOS, someone does it. takes a little longer nowadays but it gets done. and i have complete faith when ios7 comes out, this evasion team will jailbreak it.

6. clockworkorange macrumors regular

I say wait for iOS 7.

I had gotten tired of iOS having used it from 1.0 to 5.1.1 so I jumped ship to windows phone. I loved my WP but darn it all I had to have steam, pandora, Hulu plus, and HBO Go, so I returned with an iPhone 5 on iOS 6.0.1 the jailbreak wait was long but it was so worth it. :)

7. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

It is up to the team. If they have time and the energy, sure they can work on 6.1.3 but, soon after that, Apple can (and most likely will) release 6.1.4 and we will back to where we are right now. Also, exploits found on 6.1.3 are not guaranteed to work on 7.0. If 7.0 is announced soon, then, the team should focus on 7.0 rather than 6.1.3.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It would make sense to save it for later.
    Cant burn hard to find exploits for every minor update.

9. WRXface macrumors regular

well, i lost my jailbreak exactly right after 6.1.3 came out because all my apps suddenly just disappeared i assumed saving my blobs would work but that was out of the question. i paid for 3 items that i absolutely love and now im stuck with this thing until sept or something.

regardless, Apple closed a hole that evaders were able to exploit. if they cant get past it and and release a beta iOS7, then by all means let them work on iOS7. 2-3 more months unitl they make some sort of accouncement, and release iOS7 to the devs so.

i voted for 6.1.3, i know and understand the fact i probably wont have this phone jailbroken again (due to probably getting the 5s) but if they were to attempt to see if it can be done then well that would be nice : /

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Wait for iOS 7

Apple is likely to fix 6.1.3's new password problem so it will go to 6.1.4 and might close the new exploits as well.

11. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I guess it wouldn't hurt to pick up another subsidized iPhone 5 right now since they are probably on ios 6.1 for a back up lol:p

12. buddybd macrumors 6502

Voted for iOS7. 6.1.3 doesn't offer much for me anyway.

13. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

I say wait for iOS 7, but man oh man am I petrified of losing the jailbreak I have on my iPhone and iPad.

A lot of the comments I read from people having to forcibly update to 6.1.3 because of buggy apps and anomalies really scares me:(

I think I will be less prone to install new tweaks now....

14. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

I had a scare today when I couldn't get out of safe mode. I had to reinstall mobile substrate and reinstall all my tweaks one at a time. Never found what caused the crash. We need to be super careful now.

15. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

16. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

It sucks to not have JB when you just paid for 3 tweaks; however you've learned your lesson that's how it works for JB tweaks and saving blobs for 4s and 5 is not going help your downgrade.

17. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

I've had nothing but problems since upgrading to 6.1.2, wish I would have stayed on 6.1 it ran without issue. Now I am facing horrible battery life, apps crash often but I love biteSMS, Nitrous, NCSettings too much to upgrade to 6.1.3 but I have a feeling it's going to come down to it soon. :(

18. The Highlander macrumors 6502

the only safe thing would be if a way was found to restore to same-version OS.

19. TC25 macrumors 68020

We?

20. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

So here's a question. If I have to restore my iPhone for some reason will I be forced onto 6.1.3? I know your iPhone checks for new software updates when you plug into iTunes but what if iTunes is not connected to the Internet when you click "restore"? Won't it just use your 6.1.2 that's already saved on your computer?

21. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

No because during restore itunes needs to checkin with Apple otherwise it won't allow an install. As soon as it makes contact it will see that 6.1.2 is not signed anymore, only 6.1.3 can be restored on A5/A6 devices. Different for 3GS and A4 devices, with GOOD blobs they can restore to lower firmware.

22. lapeno macrumors 6502

23. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

Anyone that wants to keep their JB...Install a bad tweak that requires a restore and your JB is gone.

A great reason to avoid those shady repos now...

24. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Surely you can restore without being connected to the Internet. I'm gonna try it at home today.

25. chaohliu macrumors newbie

please try and let us know how it goes!