James Corden Pitches Apple Music in New Ad

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 18, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple debuted a new Apple Music ad tonight during the 2016 Emmy Awards, featuring "Late Late Show" host James Corden pitching commercial ideas to Apple Music executives Jimmy Iovine, Eddy Cue and Bozoma Saint John.

Iovine, Cue and Saint John task Corden with pitching commercial ideas that can easily get across some Apple Music features, like offline listening, hand-picked playlists and over 40 million songs. Instead, Corden pitches a series of ads where he dresses up like iconic music acts.

After he's rejected, Corden pitches more specific commercials where he hands a thirsty boy in a desert an iPhone with Apple Music and where he dives in a body of water filled with 40 million apples. After a few more desperate pitches, the commercial cuts to black with white lettering mentioning that Apple Music has offline listening, hand-picked playlists and over 40 million songs.

The commercial is the latest collaboration between Apple and Corden. The late night host helped open Apple's September 2016 special event by "driving" Tim Cook to the event while singing karaoke. Corden and Apple are also working on a Carpool Karaoke TV show exclusively for Apple Music, though Corden will only be producing the series.

Earlier today, Apple also debuted three other commercials: Two iPhone 7 commercials focused on its water resistance and low-light camera and an Apple Watch Series 2 commercial.

Article Link: James Corden Pitches Apple Music in New Ad

2. lolkthxbai macrumors 65816

lolkthxbai

3. Jax44 macrumors 6502a

Jax44

4. 1applerules1 macrumors regular

5. jesusplay macrumors 6502a

6. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

7. AFDoc, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016

AFDoc macrumors 68030

With? Life, love, eating, driving, diving, jogging which/what are you done with!?

I actually thought that one was funny...... "why didn't you give him something to drink?" Classic! Reminds me of all the Sally Struthers commercials with all the starving kids.... why not give them a damn sandwich! But why should I say it if Sam can say it oh so much better (maybe for some there is some NSFW words):

8. Appleaker macrumors 68020

I got distracted with the iPhone, but the video's really good.

9. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

This, along with the current crop of iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series 2 commercials, are the best batch they've had in a while. Humor, emotion, great use of music to build the visuals, awesome visuals, etc. Kudos.

10. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I had no idea who James Corden was a year ago,today, he is very popular and trending with Carpool karaoke.

11. jgreg728 macrumors newbie

Am I the only one who was kind of put off by this? Like yeah it was funny, but this whole thing kind of felt...forced, for lack of a better term. Having Iovine Cue and St John there just gave off an arrogant vibe. They're management of a company, not celebrities. Idk say what you want but I wasn't a fan of the decision to make this.

12. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

Best Apple ad in a long time...because of James Cordon.

13. radiology macrumors 6502

radiology

Was that supposed to be funny? That dude is in the wrong commercial and wrong TV show. I have a suggestion: why don't they make a TV commercial about the Apple Watch while he joins the Biggest Loser?

14. Robert.Walter macrumors 65816

I want to know if these ads were filmed on iPhone 7...

15. filmantopia macrumors 6502a

filmantopia

Fun, light hearted, celebrates music. Try not to overthink it.

16. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I'm not sure if it's good or not but it made me laugh. I liked it.

17. nagromme macrumors G5

nagromme

Almost didn't even watch it because I hated the lame carpool keynote intro so much.

Turns out it's decent! Been a long while since I saw an Apple ad I could stand.

("Stop.")

18. zakarhino macrumors demi-god

zakarhino

Foul and unnecessary. What a great community we have here at MacRumors.

19. Acidsplat macrumors regular

20. argentum47 macrumors regular

argentum47

The ad is ok.
    I wish I could say the same thing about their new Music app.

21. jonnyb098 macrumors 68030

jonnyb098

I love the new music app but this just tries waaaaaay too hard. And it's not that funny. Wonder how much the Apple execs paid themselves to be in this .........

22. Dormammu macrumors 65816

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Very entertaining ad! Cordon has certainly grown on me the last year.