Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today will announce a refresh of the 13-inch MacBook Pro, according to Jon Prosser of the YouTube channel Front Page Tech. Rumors have suggested that the new model could be a 14-inch MacBook Pro with slightly slimmer bezels around the display, in line with the 16-inch MacBook Pro replacing the 15-inch model last year.

macbook-pro-13-inch.jpg

The new 13-inch or 14-inch MacBook Pro is also expected to feature faster 9th-generation or 10th-generation Intel Core processor options, increased RAM and storage options, and a more reliable Magic Keyboard with scissor switch keys.

Prosser accurately leaked the April 15 launch date of the new iPhone SE.

Article Link: Jon Prosser: Apple to Announce 13-Inch MacBook Pro Refresh Today

Last edited:

Falhófnir

macrumors 603
Aug 19, 2017
Interesting that still no one seems to know whether this will be the 15W model or 28W model, or both, or whether it will be a 13", 14" or one of each! The 16" size bump was a solid detail for a year before it launched?

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
If they release a 14 inch with the same footprint as the 13 Apple can take my money. 13 inch has always been the sweet spot for me since I went from a 12 inch PowerBook G4 to a 13 inch MacBook unibody. Had a 15 inch Pro for a while but traded it in for the 13 inch retina because it was just to bulky for me.

Reactions: AppleDavid

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
If they release a 13“ model then it will still be with the butterfly keyboard. I don’t mind that, but then I wouldn’t really understand what Apple is doing. Having different keyboards on Macbooks is not exactly an ideal situation.

memesmith

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
This is what I have been waiting for, just looking for 10th gen chips doubled storage, and I will pre-order the base model

memesmith

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2007
If they release a 13“ model then it will still be with the butterfly keyboard. I don’t mind that, but then I wouldn’t really understand what Apple is doing. Having different keyboards on Macbooks is not exactly an ideal situation.
They might change the keyboard without increasing screen size...

Reactions: joelhinch
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.