Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skewlovevism

Suspended
Aug 2, 2021
Japan
Is this for real? It really looks like a token coin ?

Mr. Ive, the award is missing the notch, it’s not paper thin and it’s missing the dongle.
I like it, it has got a classic old fashion look. I know for most of Americans this is not "cool" enough. But for me, as an "old fashion" European, this looks very classy. Reminds me a cross between seal and old drawings

Graphikos

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
I could do without the crown... it's entirely out of place... but I guess that's what you get from the "Sustainable Markets Initiative headed by the UK's Prince Charles".

The paper version with the embossing is very nice though.

I didn't notice the overlapping circles at first. There is a nice break down and animated version on the website: https://www.sustainable-markets.org/terra-carta-seal/intro/

Last edited:

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
Does one “receive” this elitist award by having it placed on their tongues by the creators during Sunday mass? Prepare yourself to receive the charter of “Earth.” Amen. (This reeks of elitist virtues)
Oh, so reducing global warming is a bad thing?! Is creating something whether superficial or not that businesses feel proud of not worthy? Or is it just because it's related to Jony Ive?!

danmaldesign

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2017
Oh, so reducing global warming is a bad thing?! Is creating something whether superficial or not that businesses feel proud of not worthy? Or is it just because it's related to Jony Ive?!
Thanks for calling it superficial…I forgot to add that in my initial comments! You MacRumors commentators are always spot on! ?

Reactions: decypher44

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
Doesn’t look like him at all. This looks way too ornate and busy. Maybe now that he’s gone from Apple he can do things that are not minimalistic.
All technology is extremely busy under the hood which is why surface minimalism is so important and approachable to consumers. On the other hand, this award is a piece of cardboard tied to a single idea about sustainability. I think overly ornate was the only way to go here.

• Love
Reactions: orbital~debris

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
Beautiful to see what comes out of him now. Now it’s really obvious why he should walk away from Apple into more meaningful things, and spread his love more widely.
Look forward to see what else comes out of LoveFrom, also definitely what comes from the collaboration with Laurene Powell Jobs.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
It’s a beautiful emblem.

I’m curious is there a list of these sustainable businesses?

It is a bit pomp and circumstance if there aren’t companies on board.

This sounds like LEED…

Bustycat

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2015
New Taipei, Taiwan
Fixed.
TERRA CARTA.png

Last edited:

macford

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2007
I'll be the first to throw it out there - Terra Carta Coin! Crypto Ive coming soon to a market near you.

Lioness~

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2017
Mars
Many more countries than United Kingdom are monarchies. It’s a different state than republics.
As the stability doesn’t come from the political situations, but from older traditions.
I live in a monarchy myself, I get the symbolism.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.