Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
The ship date of these new cases is Mid April.
I assume that is the ship date in the US.
Does anyone know when they wil be available in Europe?

minimac

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2003
DE
I originally ordered the white-silver but I saw a youtube video of the smartsuit2 which showed it was more shiny metallic looking than what is shown on the joy factory website so I changed my order to black. I'm assuming that the bronze would also have more of a metallic look than what is shown in their pictures, otherwise I might have ordered that color.

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
getting impatient....

Alright, does anyone know when they are shipping these cases out??? I put my order in oh... 9 days ago. C'mon now.

"Estimated ship date: Late March"

Okay, today is the 29th, how late are they going to go??? My credit card still has not been charged which I'm thankful for, at least I don't think its been charged. Need to check on that. But seriously, my iPad needs a case, instead of the sleeve I'm using now.

I'm going to email them when I get home, as I don't have my order confirmation number with me. Anyone else getting restless waiting for their case or is it just me??

Anyone have any info regarding when they are being shipped out??

I am so not a patient person.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
Alright, does anyone know when they are shipping these cases out??? I put my order in oh... 9 days ago. C'mon now.

"Estimated ship date: Late March"

Okay, today is the 29th, how late are they going to go??? My credit card still has not been charged which I'm thankful for, at least I don't think its been charged. Need to check on that. But seriously, my iPad needs a case, instead of the sleeve I'm using now.

I'm going to email them when I get home, as I don't have my order confirmation number with me. Anyone else getting restless waiting for their case or is it just me??

Anyone have any info regarding when they are being shipped out??

I am so not a patient person.

I called them yesterday and was told they will start shipping on Friday.
Didn't Mama tell ya all good things come to those that wait?:rolleyes:

nconnella

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Anyone get shipment notification for black or white? Those colors were supposed to ship out today.

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
No email notifications here. I ordered the silver. If I don't get one tomorrow, I'm definitely emailing the company. My poor iPad has been naked far too long. :)

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
I called them yesterday and was told they will start shipping on Friday.
Didn't Mama tell ya all good things come to those that wait?:rolleyes:
I got an email today saying their freight forwarder had a slight delay and they will be arriving over the weekend and will "definitely" be shipping on MONDAY.

[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Joy Support [mailto:support@thejoyfactory.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:27 PM
To: Me
Cc: Joy Support
Subject: Re: Your order no. 814-SO00xxxx has been received[/FONT]

Hi Me,

Goods are on their way to us but I was notified of a small delay from our forwarder and items will be delivered to us over the weekend so we are firmly shipping on monday for sure. I truly apologize for the change of date.

Thanks for your patience

Regards
[FONT=&quot]Joy Support Team

[/FONT]

nconnella

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
I got an email today saying their freight forwarder had a slight delay and they will be arriving over the weekend and will "definitely" be shipping on MONDAY.

[FONT=&quot]From:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Joy Support [mailto:support@thejoyfactory.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:27 PM
To: Me
Cc: Joy Support
Subject: Re: Your order no. 814-SO00xxxx has been received[/FONT]

Hi Me,

Goods are on their way to us but I was notified of a small delay from our forwarder and items will be delivered to us over the weekend so we are firmly shipping on monday for sure. I truly apologize for the change of date.

Thanks for your patience

Regards
[FONT=&quot]Joy Support Team

[/FONT]

Thanks for the update! I ordered the bronze so mine won't ship until next week anyway (hope that shipment doesn't have any delays!). Looking forward to pics and reviews from you guys who ordered black or white. I really hope the magnet function works close to as good as the smart cover, if not AS good. If so this will be a great case!

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Thanks for the update! I ordered the bronze so mine won't ship until next week anyway (hope that shipment doesn't have any delays!). Looking forward to pics and reviews from you guys who ordered black or white. I really hope the magnet function works close to as good as the smart cover, if not AS good. If so this will be a great case!
Next I have to wait a week + to get it here in NJ. They only ship Fedex or UPS which takes a good 7 days from CA. If they would ship USPS Priority mail (cheaper anyway) I get it in 3 days. They won't.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California

Interesting tidbit about those magnets - I learned this when I called them earlier in the week. When you fold the cover flat against the back of the iPad, there is a magnet that will hold it in that position. How cool is that!:D perfect for reading books!

Dalter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Next I have to wait a week + to get it here in NJ. They only ship Fedex or UPS which takes a good 7 days from CA. If they would ship USPS Priority mail (cheaper anyway) I get it in 3 days. They won't.

Same here! Argh

One question, do we know for sure that the bronze are shipping out later?

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California

I actUally live about 25 minutes from their office, so I am wondering how soon I'll get mine. Wish I could just drive there and get it myself.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Interesting tidbit about those magnets - I learned this when I called them earlier in the week. When you fold the cover flat against the back of the iPad, there is a magnet that will hold it in that position. How cool is that!:D perfect for reading books!
That was the main reason I spent the $59 (-15% coupon) on this case otherwise I'd keep on using the $15 POETIC case which I got while waiting for this one. Usually I never spend more than $20 for a case off eBay or Amazon. Other than the neat magnets it's not made a heck of a lot different from the Khomo case I got for the iPad 2 for $16. It's an "innovative" idea differing it from most everything else (until everyone copies it of course) so I figured WTH.

----------

I actUally live about 25 minutes from their office, so I am wondering how soon I'll get mine. Wish I could just drive there and get it myself.
Maybe you can? Ask them. UPS or Fedex Ground shouldn't be more than 1 day to you once shipped anyway. I guess that's the bonus you get living in the land of the shaking earth.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
----------

[/COLOR] Maybe you can? Ask them. UPS or Fedex Ground shouldn't be more than 1 day to you once shipped anyway. I guess that's the bonus you get living in the land of the shaking earth.

I did ask them, but was told I would have to make an appointment. Guess I'll just wait it out.:rolleyes: hope it's worth it!

nconnella

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2008
Same here! Argh

One question, do we know for sure that the bronze are shipping out later?

Yes. Bronze is supposed to ship first week of April. Hopefully earlier in the week than later :) mine doesn't have to travel far since I live in LA so hopefully ill get it a day or two after its shipped...

Hxboy02

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
Free upgraded shipping on the Smartsuit3

Hi ________,

Thanks for contacting us, there has been a little delay on customs but we do expect to process your order monday as soon as we have goods in stock. We do apologize for the delay and have upgraded your shipment from Fedex Ground to Fedex Express Saver with no additional cost.

Let us know if you have any questions

Regards

Dalter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
Free upgraded shipping on the Smartsuit3

Hi ________,

Thanks for contacting us, there has been a little delay on customs but we do expect to process your order monday as soon as we have goods in stock. We do apologize for the delay and have upgraded your shipment from Fedex Ground to Fedex Express Saver with no additional cost.

Let us know if you have any questions

Regards

they told me bronze is shipping April 9 so i responded that it says online end of March and asked for upgraded shipping, we'll see what happens

Dalter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2012
they told me bronze is shipping April 9 so i responded that it says online end of March and asked for upgraded shipping, we'll see what happens

They upgraded me to UPS 3 day

Should I stick with the bronze or switch to black so I can get it a week earlier? PLEASE HELP

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California

Should I stick with the bronze or switch to black so I can get it a week earlier? PLEASE HELP

Consider how long you will have this cover. If you really love the bronze, waiting only one weeks is totally worth it. The color really is quite stunning.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012

I would wait, if you want the bronze.
I think the bronze looks better too, the bronze is different from all other cases.

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
I am going to get one of the newer models (either connect the dots or make a wish).

Where can I find the 15% coupon code?

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I am going to get one of the newer models (either connect the dots or make a wish).

Where can I find the 15% coupon code?

This is the coupon code I used, but those newer models were not available at the time, so not sure if it's applicable:

m2pTLd9Z

Worth a try!:p

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Does that coupon only work for the official Joy Factory website?
Or for other websites that sell Joy Factory cases too?

batman75

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2010
This is the coupon code I used, but those newer models were not available at the time, so not sure if it's applicable:

m2pTLd9Z

Worth a try!:p

Thanks I bought the soft gray case. Was torn between that and the vintage blue and the black make a wish case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.