Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Why would you buy a new computer when you could have just installed windows on the old MBP?

As you know, the older MBP has a different key layout compared to a pc keyboard. The configuration is different as well. (Delete key, Windows Button, and most of the commands associated with windows shortcuts) I have adapted to the change when I switched to mac. She doesn't want to learn new shortcuts to a shortcut if you know what I mean? Come on man, this is my wife im talking about. Its a compromise, not a "my way or the highway situation" We all try to make our significant other happy dont we?
lole, can't till I'm married ;):D

Maczz

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2010
update
so after using my parents macbook pro and my envy i got it price matched at 1799 canadian and the pro was 2199(2.66) here are the specs of the envy
Intel Core i7-720QM 1.6
6gb ddr3 ram
500gb 7200rpm
ati 5830
15 cells of battery 6 cell plus 9 cell slice
build quality is excellent on par with the mac, mine doesnt feel cheap at all but id still give the edge to apple because its the original
screen WOW, the envy at 1080p destroys the macbook pro, at its lowest brightness its equivelent to the pro at 3-4 notches, best laptop screen ive ever used and i really hope apple goes 16:9 the form factor is so much sleeker
performance well in everything the hp feels much faster, the i7 is an amazing processor
heating- some review units have been getting hot, note that this were rev 1, mines a rev 2 and it has no cooling issues, it does get mildly hot tho but hp has done a good job on cooling
keyboard- its great no backlight but they both feel identical no flex at all.
battery. heres where the pro shines but this is due to the i7 and the gpu, on the 6 cell i get 3 hours and with 15 cells i get around 6 hours, the pro gets 7 hours, here brightness is at half and office with web browsing.
Speakers- hp destroys although not as loud as the pro the sound is so much richer and has less distortion
Im glad i went with the envy, its the best laptop ive ever had and i strongly reccomend it those willing to use windows 7. Also i find it rather odd that my laptop has better specs than the 27 inch imac :)

Wow, i like that Envy spec. I want to know if it can be hack and run under OSX.

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2010
California
Envy Update

OK OK OK OK OK........My wife loves the machine. It is her notebook after all! I have to say that it's pretty sweet. It's super fast and runs very quiet. No heat issues yet. Some people were saying that they are very hot. The only complaint I have is the stupid etched design on the face of the lid. Other than that, my wife is happy with it. Keys and all! I will do the video next week because I want more time with it. It was a good choice. If the uMBP has these specs, I'll sell my current uMBP and update.

hellric

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
Belgium
update
Im glad i went with the envy, its the best laptop ive ever had and i strongly reccomend it those willing to use windows 7. Also i find it rather odd that my laptop has better specs than the 27 inch imac :)
It definitely hasn't. Don't be confused by the i7 moniker, the 27" iMac has a 2.8 GHz quad core (Lynnfield), you have a 1.7 GHz quad (Clarksfield).
The Radeon 4850 (desktop) is also at least as powerful as the mobile 5830...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.