KGI Expects New iPhones to Have 5MP Front Camera, Retain 16GB, 64GB and 128GB Capacities

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
I remember I wasn’t able to update the iOS on my old 16gb iPhone 5s because of storage issues. They should have at least gone 32GB, 16gb is just ridiculous and classic apple being apple, which is precisely what non-apple users hate about them.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
16's more than enough, i've never gone past 60% capacity i don't understand why people need 64 and 128 on a damn phone, there's just no need.

those are the ones that stay glued to it and are anti-social imo

iMerik

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Upper Midwest
why are people complaining about the 16gb? if you don't want it get the 64gb... duh.
Because the base model should be 32GB at that same price, as they are making a killing off their storage tiers as it is... is where I believe most people are coming from. Make a base model, priced at the current base model price, be a little bit more realistic to what consumers need for when they purchase from the AppStore and iTunes (yes, more money for you, Apple) and take higher MP pictures. I believe a base model at 16GB could be made available to businesses, but consumers should have access to a base-priced iPhone that comes with more than 16GB. The 16GB phone should come with a big warning sticker for consumers that might not be savvy enough to help them understand that it's probably not going to be enough for them.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
keeping it at 16GB will keep their iCloud storage better options for a lot of people.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
What's wrong with the 16?
Because it's too small for all but the lightest of users. A lot of customers would be just fine with a base 32 gig (which would cost Apple a couple of bucks more), but end up ponying up an extra $100 for the 64 gig.

It's absolute marketing genius by Apple as it forces customers into a higher margin item. It's a d1ck move. If it was an insurance company, pharmaceutical company or oil company we would go ballistic. But since it's Apple, a lot of folks around here give them a free pass.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2011
New England
It's time to show real prices and not contract prices.​
I completely agree. Now that 2 major carriers (TMobile and Verizon) aren't offering subsidized plans anymore, and 1 major carrier (AT&T) is heavily heavily marketing only their non-subsidized plans, it's likely a minority will be actually paying that advertised subsidized price. Not to mention the rest of the world where this nonsense doesn't exist.