Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kcslc

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2018
You don’t have to buy it. Are you concerned that if Apple does release it this will prove once again that they are many years behind the competition?
Hopefully the foldable garbage will be the $999/$1099 models and then the $699/$799 ones will actually be the better ones.

• Disagree
Reactions: UltraInstinct

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Dunno how many Touch ID haters gonna comment here. But does this mean Touch ID will unlikely come in 2022? That’s a bummer.

As for foldable phone… no matter how fancy they fold, they will never replace what an iPad can do for multitasking, let alone traditional computers.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I'm not waiting 3 years for a folding iPhone. I guess I'll jump to Android at some point when they make a proper folding device and then return to the iPhone in 2024. I did the same thing when Apple took their sweet time making a larger screen iPhone.

mrdoodle

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2018
San Francisco
I don't understand and I might be missing something, but an under screen touchID doesn't even seem necessary.

They have a working way of having touchID on the power button on the iPad. Why wouldn't they just add it to the iPhone? That seems like it would work fine right? What am I missing?

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
2024 is when I'm due for a new phone. Not sure if I would like a folding phone. I don't think I could trust it to hold out for 4 years.

TouchID coming back to the phone seems like a rumor that's never going to die.

Reactions: iGüey

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
This is how the rumor mill can never be wrong….they just keep changing dates On when something is coming. Sadly sites like this keep printing their every utterance so they keep making worthless predictions.

Reactions: ohio.emt

LoveToMacRumors

macrumors 68030
Feb 15, 2015
Canada
Kuo: “Touch ID coming back in iPhone 12”

Me: “interesting”

Kuo: “Touch ID being tested for it’s implementaron on iPhone 13”

Me: “Woah, at last, after this two years of pandemic, was about time”

Kuo: “Touch ID coming back in 2023”

Me: “Ok, whatever. I’m gonna get the 13 and use the passcode”
Same i have an iPhone x, been using passcode since.

Reactions: Populus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.