Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowhangers

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2017
I want a phone with the size of the SE. What does 5.4 inches mean in terms of the size of the phone? I prefer a smaller phone I can use one-handed. I doubt a 5.4 inch phone is going to cut it, it's probably going to be too wide and too tall.

I wish they'd update the SE at least one more time. Sheesh.

Maybe I'm wrong and we'll be shocked at how small the 5.4 actually is, but I doubt it.

Lowhangers

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2017
Hopefully he's wrong and we get an SE 2.

Exactly. I don't think 5.4 inch phone is going to be that much smaller than the current XS. Ugh.
[doublepost=1560779266][/doublepost]
The 5, 5s, and SE were also 5.4"! CAN'T. WAIT.

Were they really? Well maybe I'm wrong then and this 5.4 will be great. I hope you are right. I never measured my SE. But if they make the 5.4 so it can be used one handed, I will be very happy.

Reactions: tunastink

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I’m just excited about a 5.4” model. The XS is just a little bit too big for my liking. I prefer my phone to be on the smaller side, but something like the SE is too outdated and too small. I think this will be a better compromise for more people without making it feel small. I bet they also make the notch smaller at the same time.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
5G is not going to be the cause of mass rebuying of smartphones as the manufacturers hope. It’s just another nice to have and will be another infrastructure option with a slow rollout.

What I wonder is how they will make phones more ergonomic, more useful, and more accessible.

I wonder when we will have a decent battery in these phones!

fathergll

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2014
If these rumors are true, that means the 11S (or whatever it’s called) will presumably have a three camera system in a 5.4 inch body. I want that phone so bad. My XS is too big and I’ll take any decrease in size I can get.

There's are times where I would love an XS like when its docked for driving and other times like sitting on a train but I don't know if I could ever deal with that thing in my front pants pocket. Im currently using iPhone 8 without a case and it's glorious for size in my pocket.

Reactions: 4odomi

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
This is such a nonsense post. Not only that we are still 3 months away from the new iPhone that is definitely locked but the iPhone in 2020 is not locked in any way. Probably the final design etc. will be locked around feb-march so all these "predictions" are pointless as it could change many times.
Also, we all know that 5G is given next year and we all know that the XR phone will not have all the things so this is just a guessing if anything else.

Are you new here? Leaks/info on new Apple tech can easily leak 1.5-2 years in advance. This is not unusual.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
This is such a nonsense post. Not only that we are still 3 months away from the new iPhone that is definitely locked but the iPhone in 2020 is not locked in any way. Probably the final design etc. will be locked around feb-march so all these "predictions" are pointless as it could change many times.
Also, we all know that 5G is given next year and we all know that the XR phone will not have all the things so this is just a guessing if anything else.

Usually yes you would be right.... But Kuo has a pretty good track record and has shown to have some pretty solid sources that feed him accurate information well ahead of anyone else having it.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
The 5, 5s, and SE were also 5.4"! CAN'T. WAIT.

Huh? Those phones have 4" displays.
[doublepost=1560780352][/doublepost]
I don't even care about this year's iPhone and I'm on a 8+. There's just no reason to upgrade

Yeah, the 8+ is still really solid. I might only upgrade for the heck of it this year, but I certainly don't need to. I'm actually reluctant to give up TouchID.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
5.4 inches? The XS is already too small. So, to get a larger screen, it’s either the bulky, heavy XR with its thick bezels or a $1,200+ Max? Jesus.

Unfortunately, Android alternatives keep looking better and better.

Reactions: Cheesebach

DoctorTech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
Does anyone care about next years iPhones? We’re still 3 months away from this years yet!
From comments I've read on various threads, it seems that a lot of people (including myself) are on the fence about upgrading their iPhones this year. I normally upgrade every year but if the upgrades this year are minimal (i.e. just the camera and a faster processor), having a clue about what is coming in 2020 might influence me on whether to upgrade in 2019 or wait until 2020. I take a lot of outdoor photos with my XS Max so I may go ahead and upgrade in September but I am less confident about that decision right now than I have been in past years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.