Landscape Design Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zachlegomaniac, May 22, 2016.

1. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

Can anyone recommend landscape design software that runs on OS X? We use Dynascape at work on PCs, and I downloaded Punch! to my MacBook Pro a couple of years ago, but it was junk IMO.

Would love input.

Thanks.

2. simcoe macrumors newbie

autocad. vectorworks.

3. campyguy macrumors 68030

Under $3k, Vectorworks Landmark - almost all of the Mac-based LAs I work with use this app package. I prefer Landmark over AutoCAD (which we also use) with LandFX and/or Keyscape running in the AutoCAD environment.

An alternative is Graphsoft's ArchiCAD WITH the Rik Landscape Pack - keep in mind that ArchiCAD 20 is hitting the streets soon, so pony up for v. 19 only if you have a clear path to a free upgrade...

If you need 2D only, 2D DWG compatibility, and decent editing tools look no further than Dassault Systemes' DRAFTSIGHT. DRAFTSIGHT offers a free version and a "Professional" version, and both versions are regularly updated; the Pro version is currently offering a reduced subscription price (I got the email...) from $299 to $99. IMHO DRAFTSIGHT blows AutoCAD LT back to the stone age...

4. zachlegomaniac thread starter macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

Awesome. Thanks for the detail. I really appreciate it!

5. campyguy macrumors 68030

You're welcome, and I hope my input helps. Cheers!