Latest iPod Touch not recognized by my iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by francotripepi, Apr 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. francotripepi macrumors newbie

Hi guys, please help, I just got a new iPod Touch and cannot connect with my iTunes, here are the details:

1 - When I plug in the iPod Touch I get an error message that tells me I cannot use it unless I update my iTunes to the latest version

2 - I just (April 14, 2016) updated my iTunes to a 11.4 version, no other is available through Apple.com

3 - My iTunes is on my iMac running a Mac OSX 10.6.8 all updates performed

4 - My iPod Touch is running an iOS 9.3.1 and is a 64gb model, purchased on April 12, 2016 (new) through authorized store

I included images of the message and the details regarding iMac and iTunes.

2.jpg Screen shot 2016-04-15 at 1.05.42 PM.png Screen shot 2016-04-15 at 1.05.30 PM.png Screen shot 2016-04-15 at 1.05.15 PM.png

PLEASE HELP

Thank you all in advance for your input.

2. loveandhavefun macrumors member

loveandhavefun

You need to be on at least OS X 10.7.5 to be able to install the latest version. Your machine will run it quite well, have you tried upgrading or download the update to go to Lion? :)

3. francotripepi thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks loveandhavefun, I actually resolved it, I installed OSX El Capitan, free, from Apple.com site, works perfectly now, even though the grafics are a little different......just a question of taste and getting used to it

Thanks a lot to everyone