Latest Renders of 2019 iPhone Show Camera Bump Integrated Into Rear Glass

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 25, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

At least one of the iPhones coming in 2019 will feature a triple-lens camera arrangement, and while Apple experimented with multiple layouts, recent information suggests the company will adopt a square-shaped camera bump with three lenses arranged in a triangle shape.

While this design has been shown off previously in renders, OnLeaks' Steve Hemmerstoffer has teamed up with Indian site Cashkaro to share new renders and new information about the iPhones coming this September.

As seen in earlier leaks, these new renders have a wide square-shaped camera bump at the rear with two lenses on the left and a single lens and flash to the right, positioning the three lenses into a triangle.

The renders feature the "iPhone XI," aka the successor to the 5.8-inch iPhone XS. Some sites have been referring to this 2019 device as the iPhone XI or iPhone 11, but we don't have any insight into Apple's naming plans at this time.

[​IMG]

According to the site sharing Hemmerstoffer's info, the next-generation iPhone XS continues to feature a 5.8-inch display, but with an "almost indistinguishable" reduction in the thickness of the notch and bezels. The device allegedly measures in at 143.9mm by 71.4mm by 7.8mm, which is quite similar to the size of the current iPhone XS: 143.6mm by 70.9mm by 7.7mm.

The upcoming smartphone is said to feature a "new and unique" rear panel that is made from a single piece of glass that includes the camera bump, a design that could minimize the obtrusiveness of the large rear camera.

The rear microphone is said to be in a different place than it was in earlier leaks (at the bottom of the camera bump) and the iPhone is allegedly going to have a "differently shaped mute button" similar to the mute button on older iPads.

[​IMG]

Recent rumors have indicated that both the 5.8 and 6.5-inch OLED iPhones coming in 2019 will use triple-lens camera arrangements, despite earlier rumors suggesting this feature would be limited to the 6.5-inch model.

The 6.1-inch iPhone XR followup that will be sold alongside the two OLED devices is believed to have a dual-lens camera rather than a triple-lens setup, which is still an upgrade over the single-lens camera in the current iPhone XR.

The triple-lens camera setup included in the 2019 iPhones is said to consist of a 12-megapixel wide-angle lens, a 12-megapixel telephoto lens, and a 12-megapixel ultra wide-angle lens, which is the new addition as current iPhones already feature wide-angle and telephoto lenses.

2019 iPhones are also rumored to include Lightning ports, a new bilateral wireless charging feature that will let them wirelessly charge other devices like AirPods, 12-megapixel front-facing cameras, and faster A13 chips. With the exception of the camera design, no other design or display changes are expected.

Article Link: Latest Renders of 2019 iPhone Show Camera Bump Integrated Into Rear Glass

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Ugh, I was really hoping for iPad Pro-like redesign

3. Baymowe335 macrumors 601

Waiting for the 20 more threads on this until we decide the render is real.

4. GreenPixel macrumors member

GreenPixel

Geez. Just make the phone a tiny bit thicker and lose the bump. Added bonus: more room for battery!

5. Rayban macrumors 6502

Rayban

6. lpolarityl macrumors 6502

lpolarityl

Same here, same here.

7. MJA74 macrumors newbie

Ahhhh. I vote for a bit thinker phone with no bump. Not sure why this drives me crazy since I have a case at all times but just knowing it. I guess does it for me.

8. TC03 macrumors 65816

How can it be thicker and wider, have the same screen size and still have a reduction in bezel size?

9. bpeeps macrumors 68030

bpeeps

Everyone is going to call this ugly and buy it anyway. Just like you did with the iPhone 5's ugly glass panels, the iPhone 6's ugly antenna lines, and the iPhone X's ugly notch.

10. nvmls macrumors 6502a

nvmls

11. philipandrews macrumors member

I was just about to post this. I don't think anyone would complain about a slightly thicker phone if they wouldn't have that unsightly bump and better battery life

12. yossi macrumors regular

Bravery!

13. NinjaHERO macrumors 6502a

NinjaHERO

Not attractive. But whatever. I'll still get one. Looking forward to a better camera.

I really hope Apple starts messing around with the technology that I think it was Hanwei announced. Where the camera could be improved long ways along the phone and then just angled the lens at the end. No protrusion. I'm describing that terribly and I apologize. But the tech sounded cool.

14. now i see it macrumors 68040

3D renders are just fancy looking illustrations based on guesses. They look so real though that people may think that that's what it'll look like. But it won't. Renders based on fantasy are deceptive

15. dannys1 macrumors 68020

dannys1

That's about 2-3mm there, which'd be about 30% thicker over all, that's going to feel hideous compared to now. No thanks.

16. alexandr macrumors 6502a

alexandr

for once i will be happy if the smaller model doesn't have the "new advanced" camera system. i never get the plus/max models so it would work in my favor.

17. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

18. alexandr macrumors 6502a

alexandr

ok, it just clicked! this is where the new design came from!

1351713586000_IMG_287356.jpg

19. nexusrule macrumors 6502

Sure because more battery doesn’t mean more heat than in turn requires more still more space, and doesn’t mean more weight etc. And for what? Making happy people that looks at phones on the internet? Because honestly I know a lot of people with this phone, 95% have cases, so no bump, the others, me included, certainly don’t have time to waste thinking about the 2mm their phone camera protrudes from the phone body. Or it’s si that phones that already last a full day or a bit more can gain 5% more battery life? Meaning you still need to charge it everyday so in the end nothing has changed? At this point unless they can get to 2 days improving battery life in the way you suggest is useless, you add bulk, weight, heat, for effectively gaining nothing.

20. Briskit macrumors newbie

I much prefer the vertical camera design with a camera flash ring design. Seems so much more futuristic than a cube.

21. nfl46 macrumors 604

nfl46

Oh Mr. Ive! What's really going on? Lol.

22. oneMadRssn macrumors 601

oneMadRssn

Even that 18,000mah phone that’s an inch thick has a camera bump. There is no hope.

23. alexandr macrumors 6502a

alexandr

right? they only introduced it in 2017 and now they may be getting rid of it.