Lawsuit against Apple and AT&T filled.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by D4F, Jul 1, 2010.

1. brightlights macrumors regular

Yup.

2. D4F thread starter Guest

D4F

Somebody delete the post then :)

Cheers

3. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

My prediction is that this turns into a class-action suit and Apple ends up settling or recalling the devices. Maybe even provide the bumpers free of charge, as well.

4. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

5. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Huh? Did you know that you are a consumer with choices? Did you know that you don't have to buy an iPhone?

People blindly buy the new iPhone without ANY research and then complain about it.

Apple has a 30 day return policy. If you've had issues with your phone and don't like it, GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

This country is ****. You are not entitled to anything!

6. aequitas1234 macrumors member

Indeed. And if you buy a blender and it explodes injuring you or buy a canned food product and die from botulism, guess what? You had choices! Don't blame the manufacturer in a products liability action! Just GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

People are so entitled sometimes; I completely agree with you.

7. BeerLover! macrumors member

BeerLover!

What? People blindly buy the new iphone? I dont think anyone here blindly bought anything. Did you see the keynote? Was anything left for the imagination besides the other 92 new features which werent covered? Did you see the lengthy talk on the new and improved glass? How about the lengthy segment on the Antenna? How about the one about the 5mp camera?

If you want to keep your blindfolds on so be it.

Lets say someone didnt research it...does that mean you have to tolerate a defective phone. Not saying all IP4's are defective but its obvious there are known defects or 'issues'.

Apple does have a 30 day money back.
    Does that mean you cant voice your concerns with the product? Are things that black and white....Take it or leave it?

Dont bother answering all the questions...obviously they were rhetorical.

end of rant. now lets drink!

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I'm not even gonna ask how anyone fills a lawsuit.

*ba dum bum bum*

I just think people just take'm back iffen they don't like'm.

It's not like Apple sold stuff that they promised to be perfect with a NO MONEY BACK policy.

Jesus Christ on a Motorbike. Just take it back already.

Complain if you want.

But, really? If you are keeping the phone and griping, I just cannot summon up any empathy.

If someone posts that the iPhone exploded and killed their Aunt Sally, fine. I'll pass along my regards.

But, dropped calls?

Meh.

Return it already.

Sure, they said it wouldn't drop calls.

But, it does. (For some people, apparently. Me, I'm still waiting for white).

They aren't running a Ponzi scheme. It's just capitalist retail.

9. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Exploding blender causing bodily harm and reception issues on a cell phone are the same thing. You're right sir.

10. mrcadman macrumors newbie

It's a shame it has to come to this, but corporations respond to little else quite often. The most d*mning evidence was their removal of Field-Test from Ios4 so regular people could not see the massive signal drop.
    This is compounded by a lack of acknowledgment and denial of physics.
    They certainly knew about the problem before launch, but not before it would have been very costly to change and fix. They had a choice of pay now, or pay later. Apple chose whichever was less expensive, as all corps do.
    People expect different because Apple has a face, Steve, but in the end, the choice was still "what's cheaper".
    Dangit.

The most detailed review I've seen yet................
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2

11. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Everyone who pre-ordered or went to buy it on day one blindly bought it sorry.

And a class action is not a voice of concern it's a way for lawyers make money and no one else. I hope they win so you get your 20cent check in 10 years.

12. BeerLover! macrumors member

BeerLover!

nice article. Tagged for some interesting iPad reading later.

13. Gadget Chief macrumors member

Nope not even close.

14. BeerLover! macrumors member

BeerLover!

Its quite possible YOU blindly pre-ordered but most people were informed by either research, keynotes and past versions of the iPhone.

I'll use my 20 cent check to buy some blind folds. They seem to make your iPhone work just fine.
    Seriously, for some people returning the iPhone is not an option. Some folks sold previous versions to fund the new IP4. Others are tied to AT&T by family plans, business plans or other binding contracts. Customers deserve a functioning product, free of defects and have every right to demand it. If their demands are not met, then they can proceed however they wish. Return the product, complain, post on MR, or file a class action suit.

15. Hawklight macrumors member

You do realize that nobody will benefit from this other then the lawyers? :confused:

16. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

If you are having reception issues then file a complaint with the FCC: http://esupport.fcc.gov/complaints.htm

Chose "Wireless Telephones", then "Deceptive or Unlawful Advertising" then click on "Online Form" in the yellow box.

Simplicity!

17. BeerLover! macrumors member

BeerLover!

tell that to all of the MS xbox customers who had their warranty extended an additional year during the whole RED RING OF DEATH issue. Seems like a benefit for the consumer to me. :rolleyes:

18. node808 macrumors member

What about consumers?

You forgot about the consumers who bought a defective product that does not function as advertised. Apple may also benefit by hopefully learning a valuable lesson, but I'm not holding my breath.

19. big0mar macrumors regular

Per the law (you guys ever hear of that?) Apple's liability is limited to only the cost of the phone.

20. big0mar macrumors regular

All the consumers will get is a full refund for their iPhone. Just like if they walked to the Apple store and returned it. Do you really need a lawyer to return something?

21. big0mar macrumors regular

No, they don't deserve anything but their money back. Seriously, to say someone deserves a functioning product is just ignorant of our trade laws.

22. kresh macrumors 6502a

kresh

There are also advertising laws. This is where Apple is vulnerable.

23. big0mar macrumors regular

I would suggest you inform yourself regarding the applicable laws if you believe that to be the case.

24. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

To my knowledge, no one has died or been maimed from use of an iPhone 4. You're comparing Apples to Botulism.

Last I checked, AT&T still sells a number of other phones on a variety of platforms. No one is being "forced" to keep their iPhone.