Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just days ahead of Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, 9to5Mac's Guilherme Rambo has shared what he says are legitimate iOS 13 screenshots, revealing the software update's rumored systemwide Dark Mode, revamped Reminders app, new merged "Find My" app, and more.

ios-13-dark-mode-screenshoot.jpg

Dark Mode can be enabled in the Settings app or in Control Center. On the home screen, the only noticeable change is the dock, which has a darker appearance. In apps, it appears that backgrounds will be true black under Dark Mode, which should lead to battery savings on iPhones with OLED displays.

A redesigned Reminders app on iPad is shown with a large sidebar with separate categories for Today, Scheduled, All, and Flagged. This new layout was first reported by Bloomberg's Mark Gurman.

ios-13-reminders-screenshot.jpg

The report claims the new "Find My" app has a large map, a list of the user's family and friends, and a separate tab for the user's own devices. The new icon and additional screenshots can be seen over at 9to5Mac.

WWDC 2019 kicks off with Apple's opening keynote on Monday at 10 a.m. Pacific Time, where the company is widely expected to take the wraps off iOS 13, macOS 10.15, watchOS 6, and tvOS 13. MacRumors will have full coverage of the event, including a live blog, so be sure to follow along next week.

Article Link: Leaked iOS 13 Screenshots Reveal Dark Mode, Revamped Reminders App, and Merged 'Find My' App

Reactions: TimFL1

fakejobs

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2016
Wait, is this even considered a leak? Besides for the middle screenshot displaying Dark Mode, everything else looks the same. Dark dock and blurred bar on the cropping screen? Lol really?

I really hope this is from a very early stage of iOS 13 and not from beta 1.

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
Wait, is this even considered a leak? Besides for the middle screenshot displaying Dark Mode, everything else looks the same. Dark dock and blurred bar on the cropping screen? Lol really?

But there's not much actual UI you would tint in the first one (the majority of it is taken up by the wallpaper & app icons) - what were you expecting? And yes, this is the perfect example of a leak - you just chose to ignore the major example and focus on the weaker ones.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016

It's clearly an early version, as the wallpaper is still the iOS 12 wallpaper

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
I hope more websites offer a dark mode toggle. I’ve noticed some websites have been offering it more lately.

Going from a dark mode / dark theme, and going to a website with a white background is a shock.

otternonsense

Suspended
Jul 25, 2016
Berlin
Hey, you all wanted dark mode, so Apple is giving it ;)

They’ll use that as an excuse to delay a major iOS redesign to go along with a major iPhone redesign with 5G support.

It's not the only thing we wanted..
[doublepost=1559058245][/doublepost]
Did Apple promise a home redesign?

Isn't it about bloody time?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.