Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

230822-IMG_3909.jpg_425.jpg

Back in May, an image of an "Apple iPhone 3Gen 2009" bezel appeared on Chinese parts supplier websites. This led many to believe that the new iPhone would adopt a slightly different design with a higher earpiece. As it turns out, it appears the part was real but mislabeled.

154148-sc006_425.jpg

CNet Asia provides a hands on with Creative's Zii Egg and provides this photo (above). The Zii Egg is a multi-touch iPod Touch-like device that runs Google's Android operating system. The device, though, bears a strong resemblance to the leaked bezel images, suggesting the it had simply been mislabeled all along.

Article Link: Leaked iPhone Bezel Actually for Creative Zii Egg?

rareflares

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2004
Washington D.C.
I fully expect to hear everyone that said they loved the new case back when they thought it was for the iPhone to now claim that they think it looks ugly.

miketcool

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2003
California
That made my day unexpectedly. I miss having a front facing VGA camera on my phone, it'll be nice to get that back on a sweet, open-OS based device.

The original leak and subsequent thread is hilarious to read in hindsight. Must be some let down peeps.

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
Actually I noticed the similarity to the earlier 'iphone' design when I first saw an image of the zii (around tuesday/wednesday)
Maybe I should have mentioned something then :eek:

NewSc2

macrumors 65816
Jun 4, 2005
New York, NY
Product looks interesting. Keeps Apple on its toes (but hopefully doesn't stress poor Steve out too much). You know what they say about imitation...

drakeshipway

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2008
Oakville, Ontario
Actually I noticed the similarity to the earlier 'iphone' design when I first saw an image of the zii (around tuesday/wednesday)

Same! I thought, "That looks awfully similar to the 'leaked iPhone bezel' from a couple months back." Funny!

Cander

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008

Yeah same here. I was going to post something about it but figured no one would care. It hit me when I saw the camera button on the side and matched the indention noted on one of the bezel pics.

That-Is-Bull

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
I fully expect to hear everyone that said they loved the new case back when they thought it was for the iPhone to now claim that they think it looks ugly.

Well, you have to admit, it is ugly as hell on the Zii (at least in that picture) and would've been sexy as hell in the iPhone's flat shiny style - regardless of brand name.

remmy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Looks quite good, that creative egg, I am tempted to look at it further as iphone/ipod tough are a bit out of my league price wise. BUT why did they name it after something that has to be treated and transported quite gently?

iphones4evry1

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2008
California, USA
I knew it was too good to be true to think that Apple would add a physical camera button like the G1 has.
I thought the 3GS was going to fix this problem, but it looks like Apple still thinks people actually enjoy trying to take photos with that little touchscreen button. So illogical.

Attachments

• iphone_camera_button.JPG
    iphone_camera_button.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 87

Bjohnson33

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2006
it looks to have a front facing camera :eek:

I know a lot of people keep asking for a front-facing camera, but what is the big attraction to it? I really can't see myself wanting to do video calls very often. Even with Skype on the computer, I use the video feature very rarely. Maybe it's just me, but does anyone else agree with me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.