Leaks Reveal Storage Capacities and Colors for the Upcoming iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Amid numerous leaks sourced from Apple's sitemap for the upcoming iPhone and Apple Watch models, now we know specifically what colors and sizes the new iPhone models will be available in following their reveal at the event later today.

[​IMG]

As shared by Steve Troughton-Smith on Twitter, the iPhone XR will come in Black, White, Red, Yellow, Coral, and Blue color options, and be available in 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB storage capacities.

[​IMG]

Additionally, the leak reveals all colors and storage sizes for the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. The iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will come in 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB storage capacities, and in Space Gray, Silver, and Gold colorways.

[​IMG]

Here's a full breakdown of the 2018 iPhone lineup:
    [*]iPhone XS/XS Max storage sizes: 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB
    [*]iPhone XS/XS Max colors: Space Gray, Silver, and Gold
    [*]iPhone XR storage sizes: 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB
    [*]iPhone XR colors: Black, White, Red, Yellow, Coral, and Blue Earlier this morning, AllThingsHow shared a sitemap that confirmed the "iPhone XS," "iPhone XS Max," and "iPhone XR" will be the names for the 5.8-inch, 6.5-inch, and 6.1-inch models, respectively.

The iPhone XR is Apple's low-cost iPhone this year, with an LCD display and a single-lens camera to keep costs down in comparison to the higher-end OLED models.

All three iPhones and the new 40mm and 44mm Apple Watch devices will be revealed at Apple's "Gather Round" event at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time.

Article Link: Leaks Reveal Storage Capacities and Colors for the Upcoming iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR

2. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

3. Godzilla71 macrumors 6502a

Godzilla71

expect anything different? It's the Apple way.

4. alpi123 macrumors 6502

alpi123

256GB Xs Max would be an overkill for me while the 64GB is not enough...

5. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Well they can slap me hard with the 256 GB as a middle option. Sweeeet!

6. Godzilla71 macrumors 6502a

Godzilla71

Same
    yeah the middle option is usually the sweet spot that I end up going with as well.

7. nviz22 macrumors 601

nviz22

8. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

Same! But 128GB should be the base at least.

9. decimortis macrumors 6502a

decimortis

So they actually went with Max over Plus, or even Pro?
    Can't wait to grab a MaxBook R.

10. Michael Scrip macrumors 603

I've had this iPhone 6S Plus for almost 3 years... and I still have 25GB free out of 64GB

For once I can be satisfied with the base size! :p

And on the other end of the spectrum... there will be people who can finally get 512GB!

11. hinesmj macrumors regular

Ah, but isn't that the point? No one will go for "not enough", so your forced into the upgrade to "too much."

12. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

It should still be red from the 16GB iPhone 6S..

13. DipDog3 macrumors 65816

DipDog3

14. shanson27 macrumors 6502a

shanson27

Pity that we already everything know, where is the surprise? :(

15. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

The names are a mouthful and a mix of Roman numerals and english - 'iPhone XS Max'??

16. m.x macrumors regular

m.x

I love how every Apple related site has adopted to Apple's PR speech without questioning it. The "low-cost" was the "normal" price for the latest-and-greatest iPhone, until they decided to introduce the newest tech only in the 6 Plus (with a price hike). Then they raised the prices for the 6s Plus, 7 Plus and 8 Plus a bit, and priced the X over the most expensive 8 Plus. I think this is one of Apple's PR most amazing achievements, that everyone writes "low-cost phone" where parts have to be older or less advanced "to keep costs down" when - a few years ago - they showed that they could put the latest stuff in their flagship model for the same price which is now considered "low-cost".

I know and understand that Apple's main goal today is to raise their iPhone ASP and to generate more "Services" revenue, which is why I have given up to see more than 5GB of free iCloud storage, or more than 64GB for the entry level iPhone or more than 128GB in an entry level MacBook, but the XR is anything but low-cost.

17. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

Remember how long it took Apple to ditch 16GB entry level? This isn’t nearly that bad and let’s hope it doesn’t get there again.

18. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Which is why Apple doesn’t offer it. Gotta get the upsell.

19. ke-iron macrumors 65816

Yes like wtf. Why couldn’t they just call it the iPhone... I’m going to stick with my 256gb iPhone X another year, I had purchased Apple care plus so I might as well.

20. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

I am disappointed there’s no “spicy orange”. “Coral” is played out, like some kind of handbag color I would carry. Spicy Orange = Courage. :D It’s fabulous.

I’d love to see a yellow iPhone again. It’s been too long since Apple had some fun colors for their new products.

As was already said and will likely be said a million times today, the names are atrocious. But fun. They’re fun because they’re atrocious. Unfortunately they’re not Spicy Orange levels of fabulous fun.

I will take great pleasure in saying I want an IPhone Excess.

I keep thinking this has to be a huge publicity stunt between Conan O’Brien and Apple.

Between Apple’s odd names and Googles odd notch, it’s going to be a quirky year for smartphones.

21. carlos916 macrumors regular

carlos916

22. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

If I wanted to be surprised I wouldn’t come here with my cup of coffee.

23. Mr. Dee macrumors 68000

Mr. Dee

I have the iPhone X 256 and I have barely used the available storage. This is course is a S year. Next year we will likely see something substantial.

24. Brien macrumors 68030

Brien

Thankfully rumor is that the Max will take the $999 pricepoint and not be another tier beyond that.

25. Chrjy, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018

Chrjy macrumors 6502a

Chrjy