Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nekron99

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2020
I had the Slate Green for a few days.

very nice, soft leather. The buttons are also leather and embossed as part of the case rather than separate so they’re not the greatest but they’re okay. Slightly on the chunky side and the open bottom lip digs into your little finger after a while
Man, that’s the trifecta of nope right there!

Reactions: UltraInstinct

Sugadaddy

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2010
Do you have pics of it after 2 years?

Sorry, I sold it yesterday. It looked like the picture of your Bullstrap. (going darker where you grip the phone... still felt good)

I was happy with it, but I'd like something that covers the bottom for the 12.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
I waited too long and now nobody has a new iPhone 7/SE 2020 saddle brown leather case any more
Amazon,Walmart ETC..

only place is eBay and who knows if those are real or fake

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I waited too long and now nobody has a new iPhone 7/SE 2020 saddle brown leather case any more
Amazon,Walmart ETC..

only place is eBay and who knows if those are real or fake
Only 1 left. Edit: Never mind. That’s for the 8+. Sorry about that.

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
Where do you see it on their site?
6973ABE2-F3D1-4191-8E99-D7BCAE815E0A.jpeg

Truckondo

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2009
Not sure if I'm down with the bottom being covered. I like have it open and exposed.
I never had a problem with the open bottom but I always hear complaints that it is open. Hopefully it doesn’t interfere with the swipe up gesture.

RiotMilk

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
Hey Patina Proud friends - what's the verdict on leather cases in a covid-sanitization world? I stopped using my XS Max saddle brown (with a beautiful aged patina, thanks to this thread which encouraged me to get it years ago) because I was concerned about ruining it while constantly wiping all my belongings down with alcohol-based sanitization wipes and all that stuff during the pandemic. Maybe i shouldn't have bothered since now I got a new phone anyway? ha

I have been considering getting a leather case for the 12 Pro when they come out but am wondering if it even makes sense right now... how are you all handling this? Maybe I'll just continue to drive myself mad on the search for the perfect clear case, and then get leather if/when the world eventually goes back to normal..hopefully before my next 2 year upgrade...

Thanks all!!

ghosttrooper

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2017
Hey Patina Proud friends - what's the verdict on leather cases in a covid-sanitization world? I stopped using my XS Max saddle brown (with a beautiful aged patina, thanks to this thread which encouraged me to get it years ago) because I was concerned about ruining it while constantly wiping all my belongings down with alcohol-based sanitization wipes and all that stuff during the pandemic. Maybe i shouldn't have bothered since now I got a new phone anyway? ha

I have been considering getting a leather case for the 12 Pro when they come out but am wondering if it even makes sense right now... how are you all handling this? Maybe I'll just continue to drive myself mad on the search for the perfect clear case, and then get leather if/when the world eventually goes back to normal..hopefully before my next 2 year upgrade...

Thanks all!!
Honestly I wiped my BullStrap case down like once a week with a Clorox wipe and never had any adverse affects. I actually messaged them about how to sanitize and they said this:

"Hey man. We recommend using a leather balm or coconut oil to help with your leather. Although if you're simply looking to sanitize, just a soapy, damp cloth will (work)"

Reactions: decypher44

RiotMilk

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
Honestly I wiped my BullStrap case down like once a week with a Clorox wipe and never had any adverse affects. I actually messaged them about how to sanitize and they said this:

"Hey man. We recommend using a leather balm or coconut oil to help with your leather. Although if you're simply looking to sanitize, just a soapy, damp cloth will (work)"
awesome, thank you!! yeah i guess i didn't even really research if there was a definite negative from the chemicals, but after a couple clorox wipes and the like, i felt like the texture was changing a bit and was worried.

ghosttrooper

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2017
I don't have it for my 12, but I've had them for my XR in the past. Nice case, although they don't really patina that well. If you like the color it comes in, it will pretty much stay that color for most its life. I've had the black, brown, and monoco blue one. Blue one actually had the most patina. I think I've posted some photos of it hear on this thread somewhere.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I don't have it for my 12, but I've had them for my XR in the past. Nice case, although they don't really patina that well. If you like the color it comes in, it will pretty much stay that color for most its life. I've had the black, brown, and monoco blue one. Blue one actually had the most patina. I think I've posted some photos of it hear on this thread somewhere.
This was on my short list of leather cases to consider for my 12 Pro Max, but the buttons don't look great to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.