Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChiLLon

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
I wish Carl Friedrik still made iPhone cases. The leather they use is so incredibly nice. I have 2 briefcases and 1 wallet from them. Extremely high quality stuff.

Reactions: ritmomundo

ChiLLon

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
This is what I want from a phone case.

Attachments

• IMG_8568.jpeg
    IMG_8568.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_8570.jpeg
    IMG_8570.jpeg
    420.6 KB · Views: 88
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 81

narry007

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2008
Anyone know about the company bandwerk ? I'm looking for a good leather case for the iphone 15 Pro max.

Looks good but would like to hear from an actual user.

TheKerremenke

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2020
Damn, green looks so good! Which is your favourite? I love the alto but not sure I can get over the cutouts at the bottom….
Favorite is the Wiiuka case. The silicon is quite nice, is being used for work scenarios. (Will be replaced for a nomad horween for working.). The Alto is nice because of the color, leather is solid nice, but don’t like the cutouts. They work properly, but look messy. Could be done better.

The Wiiuka case is best, but prone to smudges because of the open leather. A very delicate case. Already made an imprint with my finger nail this afternoon. But because of the soft leather also could wipe it away. Not sure how it will hold long term though. We will see. At least for now I have enough cases, I can change them depending on my clothes (which I always like tend to do).

Best case overall between 14 pro and 15 pro is the Ryan London. But since they don’t deliver now in the Netherlands I’m placing the Wiikuda case second to first for now. Most soft case I have ever had. Second Ryan London, because not deliverable atm, Alto is nice. Because of color, but came from Taiwan. Although the manufacturer is based in the US. So extra import cost were made while not necessary.

Apple Silicon case is a safe bet. But not sure about long term with silicon and the chipping of the rubber.

Last edited:

Supermallet

Suspended
Sep 19, 2014
Just stumbled across this case manufacturer. The leather looks good. The fusing/joint between the leather and the plastic camera bump looks very clean, compared to Alto for example. Branding on side only. Definitely on the expensive side though.

The price isn’t outrageous if it’s high quality, IMO. However I can’t tell if the Pro cases have an action button because all the photos are for the regular 15.

ChiLLon

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
The price isn’t outrageous if it’s high quality, IMO. However I can’t tell if the Pro cases have an action button because all the photos are for the regular 15.
I think the pictures are old, one of them says iPhone 13 on the cardboard box, so all pictures are probably from back then.

Ask them I suppose, but yes it's bad they don't have a picture showing 15 pro.

And regarding the price I was comparing it to Bullstrap, which offers 2 free replacements per year for about the same price tag as this one from Bluebonnet. That's why I feel it's on the pricier side.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
This is another one I’m thinking about ordering once it’s back in stock. Just can’t tell from pictures how thin it is. The leather quality seems good.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
This is another one I’m thinking about ordering once it’s back in stock. Just can’t tell from pictures how thin it is. The leather quality seems good.
I love the look of their grey one

Reactions: mjpearce023

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
I’ve ordered a grey one of these. Who knows what it’ll be like

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £8.67 30% Off | Magnetic Genuine Cowhide Leather Case For iPhone 15 Pro Max 15Pro Wireless Charging Plating Buttons Slim High-end Back Cover

ChiLLon

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
I’ve ordered a grey one of these. Who knows what it’ll be like

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £8.67 30% Off | Magnetic Genuine Cowhide Leather Case For iPhone 15 Pro Max 15Pro Wireless Charging Plating Buttons Slim High-end Back Cover
Tempted to order that from AliExpress just to see how bad it is. There’s no way it actually looks as good as the pictures show.

Kimquat

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2020
Does anyone know if the apple leather cases (the leather cases for the 14 models) will feel as good as BS/RL once broken in? I am currently using the ink leather case (1.5 week in) and wondering if I should be hopeful or don’t waste the time and just go back to RL/BS.

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Does anyone know if the apple leather cases (the leather cases for the 14 models) will feel as good as BS/RL once broken in? I am currently using the ink leather case (1.5 week in) and wondering if I should be hopeful or don’t waste the time and just go back to RL/BS.
I personally like Apple’s leather cases. A lot don’t which is understandable.

You’re not going to get the same feel/wear/patina as a BS/RL case unfortunately

Reactions: Kimquat and MM301

Kimquat

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2020
I personally like Apple’s leather cases. A lot don’t which is understandable.

You’re not going to get the same feel/wear/patina as a BS/RL case unfortunately
Thanks for the info. I guess I might as well try it out since I already purchased it. I love how soft BS feels. Hopefully the apple leather feels nice too.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Thanks for the info. I guess I might as well try it out since I already purchased it. I love how soft BS feels. Hopefully the apple leather feels nice too.
I love my ink Apple case. It looks fantastic with the space black 14PM and you just can’t beat the fit. The fact that they’re not making them anymore is a big contributor to my not upgrading this year.

UMRebel

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
North MS
Anyone have any experience with the Andar Aspen in White? I love a white case on a white phone. I have always used the Apple Silicone in white and managed to keep it pretty clean despite daily use. I work in healthcare so good hand hygiene is not a big issue. I've never used white leather before, so I was just wondering if anyone else has any experience with how it holds up. Also, I couldn't help but notice that all the other Aspen colors for the 15 Pro show the action button covered, while the white shows the action button with a cutout. I prefer the button version to the cut out. I've emailed Andar and asked for confirmation.

mikext

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Dallas
It's wild Apple pulled all the leather stuff from the store immediately after the event and didn't even give anyone a single second to buy a leather product from them directly.

ChiLLon

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
Anyone have any experience with the Andar Aspen in White? I love a white case on a white phone. I have always used the Apple Silicone in white and managed to keep it pretty clean despite daily use. I work in healthcare so good hand hygiene is not a big issue. I've never used white leather before, so I was just wondering if anyone else has any experience with how it holds up. Also, I couldn't help but notice that all the other Aspen colors for the 15 Pro show the action button covered, while the white shows the action button with a cutout. I prefer the button version to the cut out. I've emailed Andar and asked for confirmation.
In case you missed it, the white version isn’t real leather. It’s made from cactus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.