Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Update on the Keyway. Stopped by the Apple Store and tried some MagSafe accessories on it. The magnet is very strong and the “X” logo did not interfere with the wallet at all. This case is perfect.
That’s really good news. I switched to only using a MagSafe wallet this year so that’s pretty important for me. Mine should be here tomorrow so looking forward to trying it out.

ChiLLon

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
That’s really good news. I switched to only using a MagSafe wallet this year so that’s pretty important for me. Mine should be here tomorrow so looking forward to trying it out.
What do people actually carry in their wallets, honestly? In this day and age everything goes into the phone. In Sweden we even have our identification in the phone now. Not just the identification to log into bank and such, but the ID card someone might demand to look at physically. I haven't carried a physical wallet for a long time.

Let's say the only physical card you need to carry is a driver's license. So not worth having the added bulk for 1 single card.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
What do people actually carry in their wallets, honestly? In this day and age everything goes into the phone. In Sweden we even have our identification in the phone now. Not just the identification to log into bank and such, but the ID card someone might demand to look at physically. I haven't carried a physical wallet for a long time.

Let's say the only physical card you need to carry is a driver's license. So not worth having the added bulk for 1 single card.
In the US there’s still a stupid number of places that don’t accept Apple Pay and a lot that don’t even accept credit cards. My state also doesn’t have an option for a digital ID.

My wallet, which stays in my vehicle 99% of the time, has my ID, a debit card and my Apple credit card.

Reactions: TotalMacMove

ChiLLon

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2018
In the US there’s still a stupid number of places that don’t accept Apple Pay and a lot that don’t even accept credit cards. My state also doesn’t have an option for a digital ID.

My wallet, which stays in my vehicle 99% of the time, has my ID, a debit card and my Apple credit card.
I see, I guess the US needs to get with the times then :D

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
I see, I guess the US needs to get with the times then :D
Yeah we are way behind on tech. Most of the grocery stores don’t take Apple Pay so I have 2 credit cards and my ID in my wallet. I was one of those weirdos that always carried around cash until I switched the MagSafe wallet.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
Looking forward to your review. After 5 days I’d say the grip is perfect now. Early signs of patina forming. I’m becoming more convinced this is the leather Apple used to use in the glory days. I like this case more than my old Bullstrap.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Looking forward to your review. After 5 days I’d say the grip is perfect now. Early signs of patina forming. I’m becoming more convinced this is the leather Apple used to use in the glory days. I like this case more than my old Bullstrap.

Do you have a caliper by chance to measure the thickness of the keyway? I’m digging the case but i’m trying to reduce my returns lol!

CircleTheWagons

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2017
I picked up the Keyway after seeing your posts about it. Big fan of it. Definitely a quality product. I think it’ll age beautifully too.

silvereddi

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2023
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £16.51 36% Off | YMW Handmade Oil Wax Genuine Leather Case for iPhone 14 Pro Max Plus 13 12 mini Luxury Business Retro Pull-up Cow Phone Cover

This one
but there is no 15 PM version :(

Anotoneher

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2011

My drivers license, debit card, 2 credit cards, a small bit of cash, work ID, parking pass, membership cards to multiple bars, roadside assistance card, health insurance card, REI membership card and my fishing/hunting license. Not everything is digital and there are places that only accept cash (specifically some stalls at the farmers market). I use my phone for nearly everything but the vast majority of stuff in my wallet are things I use multiple times a week that aren’t available digitally.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
My drivers license, debit card, 2 credit cards, a small bit of cash, work ID, parking pass, membership cards to multiple bars, roadside assistance card, health insurance card, REI membership card and my fishing/hunting license. Not everything is digital and there are places that only accept cash (specifically some stalls at the farmers market). I use my phone for nearly everything but the vast majority of stuff in my wallet are things I use multiple times a week that aren’t available digitally.

I have an album in photos with pictures for all my membership cards, gift cards, etc.. Works flawlessly!

Last edited:

pk0

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2009
I read that the Keyway leather case for iPhone 14 was bulky, do you find that's the case with iPhone 15 version? The last Apple leather case I had was for iPhone 13 Pro.

DR3MCLAREN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2021
Calgary Canada
I read that the Keyway leather case for iPhone 14 was bulky, do you find that's the case with iPhone 15 version? The last Apple leather case I had was for iPhone 13 Pro.
Not at all. I haven't had an Apple brand leather case since my old iPhone 12 but I've seen the Apples ones for the 13 and 14 in the store and on friends devices. I would say the Keyway is comparable in weight and thickness. It feels very nice in hand and the leather quality reminds me of the old 7 / 8 / X leather Apple used to use. I believe there are a couple other members having their Keyway delivered today so keep an eye out for their reviews. They may be able to give a more direct comparison

Reactions: Surf Monkey and pk0
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.