Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Some do. Some don't. I got the iPad 1 shortly after it came out. Great machine. My only regret was upgrading to 5.x because the additional features didn't outweigh the performance hit.

I still use the iPad 1 for email, browsing and a few apps. My main tablet is now a Lenovo Lynx. Great machine, too. The lack of Windows apps is a non-issue for me because as I learned from the iPad, most of my tablet time is spent with the email client and browser.

I like being able to have a screen split between two things, as well as have multiple browser tabs open simultaneously. I also like the Lynx's wide screen.

To each his/her own.

I cringe whenever I hear about anyone still using a first generation iPad. That thing is a big, fat antique.

Taipan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2003
Wow, they took a tablet and added an uncomfortable edge. Great!
And the "sub" in subwoofer probably stands for "below 500 Hz".

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I'm not a huge fan of Kutcher as an actor, and his product ideas might end up being terrible but you know what, I will give him some credit. Unlike most of these celebrity endorsers who pretend to be involved in products, it seems he is actually really interested in the technology and participating in its development. Usually it's just "back a truck of cash up to my house and I'll slap my name on it, if you want to give me some corporate title that makes it look like I do something at the company, go ahead."

name99

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2004
This is a new APPLE product, not a Lenovo product!

It's the new MagicPad Maximum, now with built-in screen (so that it can double as a soft keyboard!)
That little ridge at the back is where the batteries go. I just hope that with this version (unlike the current keyboard and magicpad) the spring inside it is strong enough to press the batteries flat against the screwtop.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
The prospect of a projector is an interesting one. I'd like to see how that pans out. But I think that having the projector built in could be limiting on the number of surfaces you can throw an image onto.

I'd like to see some thorough reviews is what I'm saying.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Meanwhile in Cupertino:

CookLaugh.jpg

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
The built in projector is a nice idea for business application, but seriously most companies in the us use Dell and HP and the lifecycle is 3-5 years to give another laptop, the tablets are very rarely seen.

What is the resolution of this projector?

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
I guess anybody can be an engineer these days.

Forget about 4 years of BS + 2 years of MS plus years and years of work experience. Just become a famous enough actor, and they will give you any title for free.

You said it... loud and clear. This proves that titles mean NOTHING. A person can have what-ever title they want but it doesn't mean they know what they're doing with it.

Well said.

jkichline

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
Ripoff

Way to rip off Apple's iOS icons there bud. I can see the hacktor Ashton Kutcher knows how to take screenshots and use Photoshop...

Spinoxa

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2014
So rather than merely imitating Apple they hired someone famous for imitating the founder of Apple to imitate someone who created an Apple-like imitation of an Apple device.

That's genius marketing right there :)

Edsel

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
Over There
My experiences with Lenovo products have been all but tragic. Terrible cheap pieces of Chinese rubbish, with a failure rate higher than my sex life. I'm not sure a paid-off actor can persuade me to jump ship.

I've had the opposite experience with Lenovo products. Lenovo has been far more reliable than the iMacs I've owned and installed.

lowepg

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2014
There's a reason they put "product engineer" in quotes.

They should probably put "actor" in quotes as well...

But hell, we can elect a "community organizer" as president and elect famous spouses as "senators".... why not...

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Well just when I thought I knew him. I guess I didn't. First, I thought he was an ACTOR. Then I thought he was an Apple fan and now I see he's a Lenovo Product Engineer? This can't be real.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.