Leopard has leaked

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jockmock, Oct 23, 2007.

1. jockmock macrumors regular

It's out now on torrent sites....
    So Apple couldn't hold it until friday, a bit sad

2. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Who knows it they're actually Leopard, though.

And it could be the beta rather than the GM copy...

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Is this the same release that was found to be fake last week. If not then i think this will probably be a fake anyway.

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Word of warning: Do not post links to these torrents or the sites hosting them.

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

A quick search only showed up beta builds. Wouldn't it say somewhere when you install them that it's a beta or not?

I can't imagine how it got leaked.

6. jockmock thread starter macrumors regular

It is the final GM, It's only on private torrent sites as of now. Expect them to be up at public torrent sites in an hour or two.
    I for one will buy a new macbook with leopard on it, so I'll pass on the piracy

7. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

8. AEP macrumors member

For the price apple charge for osx i dont know why anybody would want to use a dodgy copy!

i mean come on, you get it free with your computer and if you want to upgrade it costs nothing in comparison to windoze.

some people just cant see the value in anything and dont want to look further than the end of their own noses!

9. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

Seems that Logic Studio was also released on torrent sites-yet Apple seemed to ignore that , but probably will ask torrent sites with Leopard GM to remove the illegal downloads.

10. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

wouldnt risk it after paying £1000 for my imac and £600 for my macbook - wouldnt risk it getting some sort of attack

11. jockmock thread starter macrumors regular

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Agreed. Compare all the features of Leopard and Vista Ultimate, and then compare the prices ? You cant grumble for $69 academic and $129 regular at all.

13. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

Agreed man, it's $150 maximum wherever you buy it. WTF is wrong with people.

Cheers.

14. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Who wants to wait for hours or days while it downloads? And then if your seeders are offline forget it (I hate torrents). I'll probably have it faster through the mail anyway.

15. Czechmac macrumors regular

Would it be considered piracy when I already paid for my copy of Leopard, but since in the uk we won`t get it (from apple store) until monday or tuesday, I am gonna download it and install it? I am an owner of a license therefore it should!t matter in which way I obtain the software, right?

16. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

I'm kind of stuck here because I didn't pre-order yet, and I'm waiting to see if I'll get it free through my Apple Student Developer membership. It would have been nice if Apple would have given me an answer as yes/no, rather than say "We haven't made an announcement yet." I don't mind paying the $109, but if I can get it for free (through ADC) why should I pay?

17. bluefiberoptics macrumors regular

bluefiberoptics

Question: Will Apple have serial numbers for Leopard?

18. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

None of the versions of Mac OS X before Leopard has used them, and none of the Leopard developer builds used them, so I don't see Apple using them in the final release of Leopard.

19. weaverra macrumors regular

I doubt student developers will since your only paying $99 vs. $499/Select & $3499/Premier. Your already getting a HUGE break.

20. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

Well it's stated in the terms of the ADC membership that you get monthly mailings of the latest developer tools including the latest version of OS X...so that would lead me to believe that Leopard should be shipped/available sometime after release.

21. Ariez macrumors regular

Well the time is near so no surprise here.

And i Doubt they will have serials since OSX really isnt there bread winner. Software is tied down to hardware (for the most part).

22. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

wyatt23

where can you buy for $69. i'm on the apple us education store now for my college, and it says pre-order now for $116.

23. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

That and Jobs stated that he doesn't like them and bashes Microsoft for using them.

You have to go through your school's bookstore site to get it.

24. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

25. Veri macrumors 6502a

Doing a quick web search, this appears to be a "social experiment" going on by some kid with too much time on his hands. To quote from his blog:
    The price of a legitimate copy is obviously not small change for everyone, but discounts are still available for students: if you're in higher education in the US, check out your campus bookstore; if in the UK, login to apple.procureweb.ac.uk from a JANET IP. Or consider a Student ADC membership - but wait until Friday for confirmation that Leopard will be available under this programme, and remember to purchase via the education site to get a further small discount!