Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haysbert

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2011
Yes. Was the same in the neo hybrid. I'd say the case was on the phone for 4/5 months.

And yes. The mark was permanent. Completely ruined (to me anyway) an otherwise flawless phone. No matter what I tried it wouldn't come off.

Ever since I've used a back protector on my phones just to be careful. I don't know why it happened. It hasn't happened since. But then the newer phones are different material so it could be that. I imagine I was incredibly unlucky.

I've avoided SGP cases since but I like the capsule. But I'm torn about ordering it due to that previous issue.

I'm waiting for sketch cases and the candyshell grip and they're what I've used on my last two iPhones.

Can you post a few pics of the capsule if you don't mind? Just so I can see what it's like in the flesh so to speak.

I can under 2 conditions:
1. You tell me how to do that ha (took pictures with the phone so they're not the best quality)
2. You're okay with phone pictures.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I can under 2 conditions:
1. You tell me how to do that ha (took pictures with the phone so they're not the best quality)
2. You're okay with phone pictures.

I usually use tinypic. Upload them to there and copy the link.

Phone pics are fine. I don't have a camera myself.

Thanks!

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
Got this is in the mail from Amazon. Can't test, but so far it looks exactly as I was hoping and feels great.

smileycon

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
What do you guys think about the Maxboost Case? looks very nice and thin.
Amazon.com: iPhone 6 Case, Maxboost® [Vibrance Series] iPhone 6 (4.7) Case
710tL3ycKoL._SL1500_.jpg

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
Let's talk cases

Can anyone recommend a case for the 6+ with a metal back that could be used in conjunction with a magnet mount?

I have a Belkin Bumper/plastic back case on my 5s with a metal plate about the size of a 50p piece stuck to the back of it. This then mounts with extreme ease onto a dashboard magnet mount in my van.

It would be nice to find a case for the 6+ with a metal back that would allow me to not have to stick an ugly looking tab on back of case.

Thoughts please?

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
Can anyone recommend a case for the 6+ with a metal back that could be used in conjunction with a magnet mount?

I have a Belkin Bumper/plastic back case on my 5s with a metal plate about the size of a 50p piece stuck to the back of it. This then mounts with extreme ease onto a dashboard magnet mount in my van.

It would be nice to find a case for the 6+ with a metal back that would allow me to not have to stick an ugly looking tab on back of case.

billhelm

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
I just ordered this one: https://www.goballisticcase.com/shop/apple/iphone-6-plus/urbanite/ in this color: Had the same similar Ballistic case on my iPhone 5 since launch day and it's been the ideal case for my usage patterns.

I've been using this one since I got my 6 but it's way too thick. Disappointing because I had a similar case on the 5 and it was a perfect balance. This case will protect your phone well, but you lose any of the thinness advantage with the 6 - it's quite bulky.

Looking at the Ballistic Jewel as well. Similar case, seems a little thinner.

Last edited:

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
I've been using this one since I got my 6 but it's way too thick. Disappointing because I had a similar case on the 5 and it was a perfect balance. This case will protect your phone well, but you lose any of the thinness advantage with the 6 - it's quite bulky.

Looking at the Ballistic Jewel as well. Similar case, seems a little thinner.

I actually cancelled my order so I never got it. Picking a case is harder than picking between the 6 and 6 Plus lol.

RaNdOm

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico

I'd like to find something like this too. I have found the Wallee M case on Studio Proper's site. Looks like an okay case, but it's available for pre-order only right now. http://www.studioproper.com/pages/iphone-6-cases

I haven't found anything else that has a steel plate built into it. Anyone else have any luck?

Attachments

• dimcutaway_2048x2048.jpg
    dimcutaway_2048x2048.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 139

smileycon

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2014
I don't like it. No cut outs at the bottom to use lightning adapter and I don't like having the lip on the front of the screen. It hinders swiping a tiny bit.

Thanks, I didn't notice that there are not cut outs at the bottom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.