Lightning USB Cable in Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by prochlea, Sep 21, 2012.

1. prochlea macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if they have the lightning to USB cables in store? I know they're a 2-3 week wait on the online store, but I'm curious if they have them in the brick and mortar store...

2. zinka macrumors regular

Bump. I can't believe it's 2-3 week availability for a cable. Many people need to charge in more than one location.

3. livspop macrumors regular

That's why I jumped on Apple.com the day the iPhone 5 was announced and bought 4 of those cables. I envisioned exactly this kind of post...;)

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

My cables shipped out this morning from the Apple store, and even yesterday when I checked online, they were saying 2 or 3 weeks. They're supposed to be here on the 25th.

Clint

5. leenak macrumors 68020

I've been perusing the various store threads and it seems like they don't have them in stock *ugh*

6. bclub03 macrumors newbie

Exactly the same for me.

7. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Yeah, they need to ramp up production QUICKLY.

While I can deal with the hassle of moving my charger to and from work for a little while, my biggest fear is that I somehow damage or lose the cable...and then I have a paperweight until new cables arrive because I can't charge it.

8. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

I am sure that in 2 to 4 weeks these cables will be easy to find

9. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

My local Apple store had none of the lightening cables or adapters in stock today. Stinks cause I only have the one cord that it came with for now. Don't know why Apple could not have made these available in sufficient amount for launch day. :confused:

10. jrbdmb, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

I've been checking Best Buy online, AT&T online, AT&T B&M, Target online - none have the Lightning USB cable available. And now Apple B&M stores don't have them either.

Time to suck it up, order one from the online Apple store, and wait a few weeks. But IMHO, Apple should have had a *ton* of these available from all their resellers on launch day. This is a bigger Fail than Apple Maps. :(

11. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

According to my store they have them when I called an hour ago. Said they had plenty because I didnt get one with my phone.

12. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

Well my local Apple store said they had them when I called on Tuesday. Of course when I went there on Wednesday to buy one they had no idea what I was talking about. :eek:

Anyone who has actually bought a Lightning - USB at their Apple B&M store feel free to let us know ...

13. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

I asked about Lightning cables while I was waiting in line and the Apple employee told me they had plenty in stock. Nobody inside could find them once I got in to purchase my phone. On my way out, I told him they didn't have any and he said, "Yeah, they're right over here." He then proceeded to show me their selection of Thunderbolt adapters. Fantastic!

14. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Wait, so they DO Have adapters?!

15. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

No stores (Best Buy, Radio Shack, AT&T, Verizon, etc.) have them near me.

I ordered a third party one off Amazon (@ $7.99) that is supposed to ship on 1 October 2012. I guess it is better than waiting until Apple gets their supply in check...

16. Chupa Chupa, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Called a couple Apple stores in DC area this AM and they said they JUST got them in this AM and that it would be afternoon before they could scan and put them on the shelf. I went to Tysons around 1pm and got the last one on the rack -- but don't know if they had more in the back. So call the store.

I also know BB said they would not have them until Oct.

17. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I'm seeing the same problem. Best Buy had 500 cases but no cables. Both local Apple stores say they are spcoming any day now but no stock. I have a knockoff cable and adaptor coming from amazon but not sure when they will be here and they're being shipped USPS (the horror!) . So, I guess I'll just have to slum it and carry my cable for a fwe days.

18. phr0ze macrumors 6502a

Buy a nano, use the cable, take it back when you get a replacement.

19. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

It seems they are. Ordered a spare with my 5 last Friday originally shipping was 2-3 weeks. Delivery sometime in October. It got bumped up and left china this morning will be here Monday.

----------

New nano and iPod touch aren't available till October

20. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

They had what appeared to be hundreds at my store.

21. Mrrikki macrumors regular

Bought 3 lightning cables at my Apple store when I got my iPhone 5. Didn't realise how many I needed!

22. imolarot macrumors newbie

I was able to buy a couple of cables tonight at the store. When I called a few hours earlier they said they weren't in stock, but I decided to stop by anyway.

23. Advil macrumors 6502a

I think i'm gonna wait til next week and call to see if they have any lightning cables. I need 1 and a car charger. But I might just buy two and a universal USB car charger. whatever works.

24. ihonda macrumors 68000

got a free cable at summitt mall apple store today. score.

25. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I might try the Tyson's and/or the Montgomery Mall stores tomorrow for cables. I would like two more -- one for the car and an extra one for my bag.

What I really want is a few 30-pin to lightening adapters instead.