Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chele519

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
Definitely, but give it a few weeks. Monoprice is my store of choice for my iPhone accessories, cheap prices and fantastic quality!

Great, yeah, no rush. I love Monoprice for everything. I'd much rather buy from them than take my chances with someone on Ebay/Amazon.

Sherifftruman

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Today i picked a couple up and they had hundreds at the Crabtree store in Raleigh, but none in the Southpoint store in Durham.

vajeff

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2011
Picked one up at MacArthur Center in Norfolk, VA today. They had plenty on the shelf. Also have one arriving tomorrow that I ordered on line late Thursday evening. Apple.com stated 2-3 weeks, but it started moving that night, and is at Fedex Facility here in Norfolk (as of Sat morning).

SatManager

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2012
Las Vegas
I ordered the USB to lightning cable on Saturday from the Apple store and just received an email that they are being shipped from China via FedEx. The adapter is still back ordered.

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
The apple store in STL had plenty of USB to Lightning cables in stock. I picked one up this past Saturday. No other accessories of course, but at least I have an extra cable now.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
i ordered from apple, wasnt suppose to ship for 3-4 weeks, just woke up to my shipping email, will be here on 27th...

Sep 24, 2012 2:38 PM
In transit
LANTAU ISLAND HKSep 24, 2012 11:48 AM
Left FedEx origin facilitySHENZHEN CNSep 24, 2012 9:29 AM
Picked upSHENZHEN CNSep 23, 2012 7:01 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

ericxd

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2008
Carry your one and only adapter until eBay sellers start shipping. The adapters from Apple are way to expensive...eBay them, adapters are adapters.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Carry your one and only adapter until eBay sellers start shipping. The adapters from Apple are way to expensive...eBay them, adapters are adapters.

I'm apprehensive to even try that until we know these adapters work perfectly. No one seems to have an adapter thus far even from Ebay, with any feedback.

illippinno

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville, FL | Apple Store

I just left the Apple Store here in Jacksonville, FL (approx. 10:15 am) and they have plenty of Lightning to USB cables, where I purchased two.

I would say on the shelf, they have about 75+, but no adapters.

Farplaner

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
For those of you that bought extra cables... how long are they?

Are they at least longer than the ones that came with the iPhone 5? The cable included is quite short imo...

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I ordered 2 lightning to usb cables online on Friday. They showed up today so the 2-3 week wait online? I think it is a bit erroneous.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Apple store in Pasadena , CA has tons of them. I was there Saturday and Sunday. Saturday I picked up two extra cables, everyone was buying extras, but they kept filling the shelf.

Sunday I went back to pick up my Macbook after a battery swap and again I saw many on the shelves.

So Pasadena store has them, go quick!

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Apple Store in Valley Fair mall (Santa Clara, CA) had about a dozen in stock. FYI, if your company has an EPP (Employee Purchase Plan) agreement with Apple, show them your employee ID to get a discount (usually 8%, which will offset CA sales tax).

bluesxtreme

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
Oakbrook, IL store and throughout Chicagoland have them. Just picked up 2 though they said they are quickly running out. I ordered online using pick up in store to avoid any shipping cost.

Max Archer

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2009
Roseville, CA, had a couple dozen when I was there on Saturday. Only bought one. Didn't see any adapters though.

twylie

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
arrived today

I ordered these on the 15th and they arrived today. Apple site said they wouldn't deliver for another 2 weeks (Oct 9-15 estimate).

xFSmWl.jpg

twylie

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
Just out of curiosity, why do you need 6 cables?

I actually wanted to get a 6th one on this order, but they would only allow 5 in an order.

1 - travel bag
2 - kitchen nook, where I leave my keys and wallet and plug in my phone at night
3 - living room end table next to my chair and lamp (morning and evening)
4 - home office
5 & 6 - vehicles
7 - office

It just kind of mushroomed as I have purchased iPods/Pads over the years. As I ended up with extra chargers and cables, I found it was so much more convenient to have them wherever I sit down instead of having to unplug and drag them around the house and vehicles.

I've ordered a couple of the dual USB plug wall chargers so I can leave a 30 pin as well as the Lightning cable for the two places I normally charge my iPad.

TTwardoTT

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Easy way to figure out if Apple has them in stock w/o having to call is:

1-Add cable to cart on apple store website
2-Find where it says "pick up"
3-Click "Select Apple Store"
4-Should list 5 closest stores to where you live

Looks like a couple stores in Dallas area still have cables in stock. Couple say they will be available Oct. 23rd

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.