Limera1n is comming from Geohot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TSX, Jul 10, 2010.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

On his blog today, Geohot announced that he will be taking a shot at an iPhone 4 compatible jailbreak, and he's calling it Limera1n. He doesn't say when the release will go public, but he does say not to bug him about it. That's all we know for now.

http://iphonejtag.blogspot.com/2010/07/meh.html

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

3. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Remember he released blackra1n because the dev team was taking too long to release the JB for 3.0.

The dev-team is waiting on apple to release the next update before the release their JB, if apple takes to long geohot will release his anyway like he did last year.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I think you need to re-read his blog post. He explicitly says that he does not intend to release a new jailbreak tool:

The fact that he has manually jailbroken his personal iPhone 4 in no way implies that he will be releasing an end-user tool.

5. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

As far as what he actually wrote, this is quite a stretch. Everything you said here could be assumed, but he never say any of that specifically.

The "shot" that you are referring to here is his own personal "shot" at it - you make it sound like he's taking a shot at a release, which thelatinist pointed out, is simply not try.

Maybe you misread it. It was actually really difficult to figure out what the hell he was talking about in some cases.

Oh well :)

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I believe he said

Quoting

As far as a release goes, it probably won't happen from me. limera1n is little more than a raindrop on a website; it was never mentioned by me previous to this post. pwned4life is a complete invention of some blogger in a basement somewhere. When I said pwned for life, I was referring to the original iPhone, 3G, and Touch; which of course are, by the aptly named PwnageTool.

(please don't ask for release dates. Every person that does makes me want to release a little bit less.)

any way thanks for the already old news!

7. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Does he mean he wont be the first one to release a JB? Because he also said "Again, please don't ask for release dates. Every person that does makes me want to release a little bit less".

I really dont care who releases first, I just want to JB my iPhone 4.

8. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Dev Team never said they were waiting for the apple update.

9. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

That's what they typically do, plus I think I read it somewhere.

10. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Here's the point - what you said in your original thread post is this:

That's simply not true. How is this thread going to be more than an big ass argument now? He didn't say or even really HINT at any of that...

Plus the title of this thread is:
    ...still not true bro :)

11. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Dev team has NEVER said they are waiting - it's become collective group think to the point that it's actually gotten news attention. The waiting bit has never come out of their ... mouths,tweets,posts... whatever.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

Probably here! lol btw Dev-team hasn't even mentioned a release. also to get it straight Comex is in charge of the jailbreak Dev-team has already released the unlock!

13. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

lol

14. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

Why do these hacks have a variation on the word rain/ra1n ?

15. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

I just copy/pasted from 9to5mac.com

http://www.9to5mac.com/geohot-to-release-limera1n

16. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

17. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

You have nothing to apologize for, everyone has their opinion.

BTW: The article says "the comex JB will probably happen once Apple rolls out the new iOS 4.0.1 / 4.1 firmware update for iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G".
    Like i said before the dev-team usually waits until the next update is released, like they have done in the past.

18. Critical Hippo macrumors member

9to5mac sources a Redmond Pie article for its "Geohot to release limera1n" article; the linked Redmond Pie article displays the Geohot tweets/blog/whatever in which he states that he has no plans to release a jailbreak. The article then speculates that the first iphone 4 public jailbreak will come from comex at some unspecified point in the future.

Perception is -not- reality; widely disseminated misinformation remains misinformation.

19. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Redmonpie is not a reliable source. They pretty much just put things into their words (like saying the jailbreak was ready when comex didnt say anything of the sort).

20. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

21. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

no no, I thought you were just making it all up for some reason - I was somewhat annoyed, know I know it's the internetz fault... always the internetz fault... and Barry Bonds, Jay Leno, and Hitler.

22. labman macrumors 604

labman

comex and the Dev-team have been pretty quite lately! personally unless I see anything from them I think it's unreliable!

23. iphoneguy123 macrumors regular

LOL, you must be new to jailbreaking.
    Too bad...

24. rossihvac macrumors regular

rossihvac

As far as a release goes, it probably won't happen from me. limera1n is little more than a raindrop on a website; it was never mentioned by me previous to this post. pwned4life is a complete invention of some blogger in a basement somewhere. When I said pwned for life, I was referring to the original iPhone, 3G, and Touch; which of course are, by the aptly named PwnageTool.

Im really tired of geohot. We get it, you can hack every iphone. Unless you plan on releasing it, stop talking smack.

25. edlo83 macrumors member