Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doug in albq

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Notice how almost every thread in this "Mac OS X 10.7 Lion" forum sub-topic here at MacRumors is about problems/issues/broken-ness of Lion.

Not, "How do I do this or that?" like 10.6 sub-forum, but just plain broken stuff...

Apple has huge, new issues—an OS that is defective for any sort of power-user. Are all power-users going to have to switch to Windows?

Lion is no longer a new OS, so that excuse is invalid.

This seems like very new territory for Apple—a computer OS that is sucking hard...

EDIT: is this why Bertrand Serlet left Apple...?
(got sick of Scott thumb-typing on his phone all day long...)

Last edited:

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
just read this forum, my friend. I am not doing your research/knowledge acquisition for you...

Oh, so you're just doing the bitching for me then.

Okay, well things seem to be fine here. I don't really see what problems would cause a power user any problems as you specifically said. And switching to Windows is certainly not going to improve anything in that department. So, what then?

doug in albq

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Oh, so you're just doing the bitching for me then.

Okay, well things seem to be fine here. I don't really see what problems would cause a power user any problems as you specifically said. And switching to Windows is certainly not going to improve anything in that department. So, what then?

I am bitching, because LION sucks, hard.

thank god I have 10.6.8.......................................

doug in albq

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Okay, so what things do you do that don't work well, as a power user.

Matt, are you going to make me have to quote 20 or 30 different threads (or 50) straight from Apple's own forms, each with thousands of replies and hundreds of thousands of views....something tells me you are smarter than that.

and yes, I hate windows. Having to use that is my worst fear! BTW, been using Macs since 1986, most likely the year you were born, plus or minus 3 years............

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
There may be a misunderstanding. Lion's target market is first time computer users & newbies. That why Apple gave it features as well as the look & feel of iOS. It's to wow people that are easily amused and entice them to buy Apple computers.

Apple is very wise, and knows full well computer professionals are not easily impressed with eye candy. Lion will do it's job and evoke more impulse buying.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
I'm not interested in regurgitated threads... I would wager that most of the visitors to this forum are not power users. So it would be hard to wade through what really is a hindrance to a power user.

I'm curious myself because, as a power user, I have not noticed anything "poor" for me. Since I assume you are one as well, I was asking you. If you don't have anything to offer, then okay.

doug in albq

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
last two posters basically admitted my original assertion...

logic-fail.

----------

If you don't have anything to offer, then okay.

So, I guess you do want me to link to 20-30 posts from Apple's own forums...quit talking in circles.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Snow Leopard does everything I need it to. I wouldn't encourage anybody that is happy with what they have to upgrade to Lion...

paulcdb

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2009
I guess i'd class myself as a newcomer to mac's since i've just bought the new Air with Lion and i've come across no problems. Granted I've never used Snow Leopard for an extended period but as a new user it've had no problem figuring out how to do things.

Most of the complaints seem to come from people moving up from a previous version, like Snow Leopard and don't like adapting but then you get that with Windows too!

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
I don't get this thread

The OP says lion sucks but doesn't use it?

Personally, I have had no issues under lion so far after using it since release day. Granted, I do not like the changes to expose but I said the same about SL compared to Leopard.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
Just give us one that you had, just one. It's quite simple to do and perhaps the people on here might be able to solve your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.