Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I think this is the record for shortest MR article ever. But I love it!

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Ok... so are we placing bets on what time Lion will go live? And what country will get to it first?

Place your bets now....

I said it once before, but the smart thing to do would be to release it at midnight EST to let the fanatics get a jump on the downloads, which would help lighten the load tomorrow when everyone else is awake and trying to download it.

I just don't know what Apple was thinking in releasing a 4 GB operating system as download-only. I know everything is moving to the "cloud", but damn, this could be a nightmare for a lot of people.

unobtainium

macrumors 68030
Mar 27, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Everyone will probably get it at 12 a.m. Pacific Time. That should reduce the bandwidth burden a bit.

mwxiao

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2007
CT
Why is this not front page news? All the speculation has been :confused:

Because this is not a rumor. Only rumor gets to be on the front page...

A good entry for front page would be something like this: [source] Lion will be release on Wed at 7pm EST.

Starry

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2011
California
Yesss!!
I wonder if there will be a line at the Apple store?( I know it's an app store download but for the MBA?)
I hope I'll finally get my MacBook Pro now :D

King Flamez1

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Toronto, Canada
QUESTION:

i've got a quick question for anyone that know about the taxes and stuff in Ontario's Mac App Store policies. I've gotta buy itunes gift cards for credit in my Mac App Store seeing as I don't have access to a credit card and I was wondering if they charge taxes on Mac App Store purchases?

:apple: LION!!! WOOOT :apple:

BBQXXX

macrumors member
May 10, 2011
Colorado
I agree with why is this not front page???

I hope its launched at midnight. That way I can let it download and be ready for me in the morning.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
To whoever was talking about iWork, they'll at least have to give it a minor update to support Lion; however, they haven't updated it in a while, so it will hopefully be iWork '11!

What exactly is the problem with iWork 09 in Lion? The Apple web site specifically states that it supports the native full-screen feature.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
RAWRRRRRRRRR

Awesome. Hopefully they fixed out some of those last minute bugs.
I might wait a bit until I upgrade. Just want to make sure all my apps work and all major bugs are fixed. :)

Penfold2711

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2011
America will be the 1st and the UK will be last thats how it always goes the UK gets stiffed always :mad:

Erwin-Br

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2008
The Netherlands
Heh, it's going to be hard for me to resist installing it right away. I'm planning on waiting until the weekend so I'll have at least some time to confirm that everything is working.

Plus, I'm also going to do a clean install. I have junk sitting in corners on my machine from software I removed 2 years ago. One bad POS software even left a helper application running, that I can see is making calls in the console. And I've deleted that program months ago!

Saphire

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
UK
I am just downloading an update to one of my applications and it says built and tested with OS X Lion. :D
I hope I don't have to wait long after the launch for the request to be accepted for my free update to lion. I have only had my Mac two weeks, this is my first Mac and I love it.

rogermbp13

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Finally!! Woohoo! I really hope there severs hold till tomorrow :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.