List: MR Members Waiting To Buy A New MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Brianstorm91, Jan 10, 2008.

?

What's your situation in relation to a MacBook Pro?

  1. I'm waiting for the Penryn update

    67.3%
  2. I'm waiting for the Monteniva update

    15.6%
  3. I gave in and bought a SR MacBook Pro

    7.6%
  4. I'm happy with my current model

    9.5%
  1. Brianstorm91 macrumors 65816

    Brianstorm91

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location:
    Cambridge, UK
    #1
    Okay, I've compliled a list of those who pleged their allegiance in the previous thread set up by shoulin333 here.

    I'll try and keep this updated as much as possible.

    The aim will be to gather a list of those buying, un order for anyone with any questions to be able to ask people who are in the know about the new MacBook Pro's.


    Latest list here.
     
  2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

    FJ218700

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2007
    Location:
    Blue Dot, Red State
    #2
    so do we add to the list here, or from the other thread?.

    BTW, I'll be buying an UP if it is indeed at "pro" specs and under $1500 :rolleyes:.
     
  3. Brianstorm91 thread starter macrumors 65816

    Brianstorm91

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location:
    Cambridge, UK
    #3
    It's up to you, it would be easier here as I can update it straight away, since the OP of the previous thread didn't really seem to get along with the whole "making a list" idea of it.
    And, sorry, but unfortunately I can only accept reasonable pledges!
    £750! As if.
     
  4. Fossie macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2008
    #4
    Macbook pro for me!..Once they arrive in NZ that is.
     
  5. djellison macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Location:
    Pasadena CA
    #5
    Probably a 15" MBP with (if available as an option) a higher res screen - but I'll wait for reviews first - then use one first hand at an Apple store - then get one - Early feb.

    Doug
     
  6. MacSamurai macrumors regular

    MacSamurai

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2006
  7. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

    CaptainCaveMann

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2004
  8. wake6830 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2007
  9. aiterum macrumors 6502

    aiterum

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2007
    Location:
    United States
    #9
    I'm ordering one of the new MBPs the moment that it comes out. :) It will be my first (proper) mac. (I have an iBook that was passed down to me, but I only use it for the internet when I don't have access to my desktop computer)
     
  10. Shua macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2008
    #10
    <-- 15" MBP

    First Apple Computer but previous runner of Leopard and Tiger *grin*

    Cash in hand
     
  11. Ryox macrumors 6502a

    Ryox

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    Location:
    UK
    #11
    Yup I'm looking to buy a top spec MBP, probably 15" but still debating on screen size
     
  12. DarrenLamb macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 17, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago (Aussie)
    #12
    Me! Would love a 13" MBp but will buy a 15" after an update.
     
  13. Brianstorm91 thread starter macrumors 65816

    Brianstorm91

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2007
    Location:
    Cambridge, UK
    #13
    Remember, 'once' they're announced, if you could post your statuses i.e. "ordered", "received" etc and any opinions once you've got them, it'll be great to build up a comprehensive list of how the new MBP is for anyone interested once we've got to play around with them hands-on.
    Thanks for the posts, guys.
     
  14. jnc macrumors 68020

    jnc

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Nunya, Business TX
    #14
    Yep, count me for a 13" MBP (or whatever it will be) or a low end 15" if I'm not satisfied. If a new product comes out and is somehow "touch" related it can go to hell!

    Well, I only say that because fanboy speculation has been so... unimaginative. Maybe Apple could wow us in that area. Anyway, a 13" MBP would suit me just fine.

    Getting a Mac Pro too, FYI ;) Apple are offering 0% finance for 6 months in UK store up until the day before MWSF - I can't lose! (I'll pay it off with my student grant in April :D)

    (Paid for it outright... just less hassle. Now I really will get to "live like a student" for the next few months!)

    Lol, keep dreaming. Only if the specs completely suck will you see an ultraportable under $1799. You'll be paying the new tech premium along with the convenience premium.... can't see it being priced the same (or less!) as a BlackBook.

    Edit: Hey! MacBook Air is $1799. Spot on :D Specs weren't up my alley though, so I'm waiting for a new MBP it would seem.
     
  15. island macrumors 6502

    island

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Location:
    CT
    #15
    I'm buying whatever new notebook they release, maybe 2 if there is more than 1 option.
     
  16. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

    FJ218700

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2007
    Location:
    Blue Dot, Red State
    #16
    hence :rolleyes:
     
  17. caldavey macrumors member

    caldavey

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2007
  18. ShortCutMan macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2005
    #18
    Will be getting a 15" MBP only if there is a higher res screen and no wait time to receive it. Otherwise will just get one of the current models, as I need it ASAP.
     
  19. masse macrumors 6502a

    masse

    Joined:
    May 4, 2007
    Location:
    MA/GA
    #19
    I will only be purchasing if it is:

    montevina platform
    512mb vram
    faster video card than 8600GT
    case redesign/
    user replaceable hard drive
    back to school season.

    :rolleyes:
     
  20. jnc macrumors 68020

    jnc

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Nunya, Business TX
    #20
    Hah, that emoticon is abused so hard here, and used for so many different purposes, I just disregard it. :p

    What are you thinking could happen res wise? 1680x1050 as standard?
     
  21. colinmack macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2006
    #21
    I'll buy one of the following (in this order):

    1) a MBP with a redesigned case
    2) either a new laptop/tablet (if one comes out), or a MBP with a speed bump, whichever catches my eye more

    Cheers, Colin.
     
  22. jnc macrumors 68020

    jnc

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Nunya, Business TX
    #22
    Fall update will be a new case, it would appear, due to the introduction of a new chipset. Next week we'll see a smaller form factor MBP, but not a line redesign. That's where my money is anyway. :)

    Edit: Almost right! :D
     
  23. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

    Digital Skunk

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2006
    Location:
    In my imagination
    #23
    Put my name on that list. Waiting for Dual 2.8GHz 17" MacBook Pro with 512MB GFX card and possible Dual HDD slots.
     
  24. timtam macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2007
    Location:
    BaLi
  25. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2007
    Location:
    Hawaii!
    #25
    i'm buying pretty much anything that gets updated... although something to replace my 12" PB would be nice
     

Share This Page