List of apps that are HD ready tomorrow!

Jarson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Glasgow
Guys so there is a week left until we get our brand new iPads with shiny retina display to our hands. What you gonna install in a first place? It would be a good idea to list all apps that are/will support retina in nearest future to get as much from our display as it's possible.

Infinity Blade: Dungeons - it will be definitely bad ass game. What would you like to see after that, dear iPad gamers?

dennya

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2009
Seattle-ish
Hoping for GoodReader, Comixology, ComicZeal, and essentially every magazine reader app I use. I really couldn't care less about games being in Retina -- 1024x768's already plenty detailed for games on a 9-inch screen.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
from a developer point of view, developing retina apps could be a while plus the 7 days review process from apple. especially if the graphic is not vector that could take a while. i'm guessing 1-3 weeks after the new ipad launch, it will be flooded with retina apps.

mjo404

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2010
Oregon
Confirmed:

AlienBlue HD (found on reddit.com/r/alienblue
Tweetbot for iPad (found on developer's Twitter account, not @Tweebot)

stoplis

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2009
Apple stuff
  • Remote - updated
  • Find my iPhone - updated
  • iBooks - updated
  • Pages - updated
  • Numbers - updated
  • Keynote - updated
  • iPhoto - updated
  • iMovie - updated
  • Garage Band - updated

Non Apple stuff
  • FlickStackr - updated
  • ComicZeal - being updated
  • Tweetings - submitted to Apple

SuperRob

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
EA just announced they'll be updating their games to work with the Retina Display on the iPad, starting with Mass Effect: Infiltrator.

mavere

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
Real Racing 2 future retina update has also been announced by EA. League of Evil 2 retina update has been teased on Twitter.

I'd also expect Marco Arment to update Instapaper for retina really damn quickly, and I'm really really hoping Reeder's developer does the same.

Tedddman

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2011
  • FlickStackr - updated
  • ComicZeal - being updated
  • Tweetings - submitted to Apple
I don't think ComicZeal is being updated just to support Retina. The developer said that comics would be displayed at the higher resolution "in the current version."

user53

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2011
Phraseology just popped up in my update list and it says it added retina support.

stoplis

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2009
I don't think ComicZeal is being updated just to support Retina. The developer said that comics would be displayed at the higher resolution "in the current version."
They said the current one will display your comics at retina res (as long as they are high enough quality), and they are working towards updating the buttons/interface to retina quality as well.

Autodesk: Sketchbook Pro has also just been updated.

zurichuk

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2011
Solar Walk - 3D Solar System model has a 'New iPad' update out now
It says...
High Resolution Interface / High resolution textures of the planets / New Visual Effects

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Is anybody noticing a significant file-size increase for apps that are updating to retina display? I've just seen that there is a bit with the Apple released apps. Everything else that's updated so far for me have just been really small sized apps anyway.