List of things we lost with iOS 7 update

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by macness, Sep 13, 2013.

1. macness macrumors 6502a

macness

Hey guys, so i'm starting to notice some things we lost in the iOS & update. Post what you notice is now gone. So far I noticed:

- Ability to compose facebook statuses and tweets in notification centre
    - scrollable calendar in Reminders app
    - Loss of integration of some apps in notification centre like Wunder list
    - Cover flow?? ( whatever that grid looking thing is, its hideous

What have you guys noticed?

2. Soundflunky macrumors regular

The albumart wall is nice. Scrolling albums one by one in coverflow was useless for me.

How did Wunderlist integrate into NC?

3. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

Wunderlist reminders use to show up there

4. Soundflunky macrumors regular

Why can't they now? You sure it's not just an app issue?

5. macness thread starter macrumors 6502a

macness

What about fb and twitter in notifications?

6. Soundflunky macrumors regular

Yeah, they're gone. What does that have to do with wanderlist?

7. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Almost all the old wallpapers in iOS besides like a few

8. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

- The unlock sound.
    - Shuffle a particular genre in the music app.

9. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

custom contact notifications is gone from previous ios 7 betas.

10. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

- a UI to "compose" something does not belong in a "notification" center.

- Ok

- Apple did not open up the notification center to developers. Only the compose FB/twitter, stocks and weather widgets were allowed there unless you had a jailbroken phone.

- Cover flow is clunky and almost impossible to stop dead center when flicking through it. I'd rather have the wall.

11. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Um, no? Tons of apps use Notification Center, that was kind of the whole point of it. :rolleyes:

12. Impuls3101 macrumors member

13. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Not as a widget. That's what the FB twitter compose , weather and stocks were. OP was implying wanderlist was a widget.

14. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

Can't FaceTime a particular contact's phone number or email from either the phone app or FaceTime. The work around is to add the person's phone number or email as a favorite

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

What is that exactly?

----------

Monthly calendar view where a selected day's events would appear at the bottom in that monthly view--that's gone in the redesigned calendar app.

Also upcoming calendar events appear in a different way in the Notification Center now where full day events don't even appear anymore and it's not as simple to simply see the next few upcoming events if they aren't close in time.

16. ad931 macrumors regular

ad931

in the Music app on iPad, when in full screen you could swipe anywhere on the screen left or right to go back to a previous song or forward to the next one. not any more, you now have to press the tiny arrow icons. cant for the life of me figure out why this feature was removed

17. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Cover flow is gone? I didn't know that. I like Cover Flow, one of the reasons I went online and hunted down album covers for my not so genuine songs.

18. KeanosMagicHat, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

KeanosMagicHat macrumors 65816

KeanosMagicHat

I prefer it too, far more useful.

It should centre on the "Now Playing" album though, rather than the first one alphabetically all the time.

It did in Beta 5, but then emergency Beta 6 came out and removed it and it isn't back in GM unfortunately.

________

To add to the thread topic of useful features missing from iOS 7 versus iOS 6;

- The removal of the scrollable activity panel at the bottom of day view in Calendar.

- The removal of the button to be able to send calls straight to voicemail when you are using the phone. Now only works when phone locked (or is it other way round) either way it's another loss of functionality.

@macness - are you planning to update the first post on this list?

19. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah the decline button for calls is gone when the phone is locked. You can still do it by pressing the sleep/lock button twice, but the on-screen button is gone in that case.

----------

We also lost the pulsating battery charging indicator and the plug indicator when the charging was done.

20. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

In previous beta you could manually enter a name for your contacts details. So instead of Company phone you could write actually where or what it was. Great if youve multiple places of business associated with a contact and want to know right away where they are.

21. protobiont macrumors 6502a

I wonder if there was a licensing issue or patent troll behind the loss of the FB and twitter updates in notification center.

22. Soundflunky macrumors regular

They just designed it out probably.

Seems better suited for control center than NC if it ever returns.

23. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

Do you mean custom label? You can still do that..

24. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Lost speed of doing things.

Waiting for animations to finish before you can interact with the screen is a killer

25. Breitling65, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013

Breitling65 macrumors 6502

- I lost ability to use my photos as background, they are not scaling to the screen even it should based on text there.
    - Flat design should be optional setting, same as animations, icon colors for groups etc. And I agree it takes speed and time for animation to run. I am not a kid anymore to be happy with animations, my iphone and ipad used professionally, should be optional setting to disable all this cra.. :)
    - Lock screen was more intuitive as for me.
    - It use to vibrate longer before start playing ring tone in mix mode. Now it plays immediately and vibrates. I don't know if it is better.
    - Can't scroll Safari pages on ipad with ios7 same as on iphone, why? It is the most useful option in new Safari as for me.

But I am sure at least first item will be fixed and in general iOS7 is great. :) Yea and I like flashlight on iphone ... :)