Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
We haven't seen any individual banners for iOS or OS X. Just that one banner with ios OS X and watchOS. I wonder what that means...

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
So far, this is the most boring WWDC keynote ever.

Not sure if trolling or a humble brag about having a time machine.
234.jpg

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Does anyone else use Newsstand? I did when it first came out. I got a couple subscriptions but then I just realized that magazines don't keep up like the content that I follow online through social media and blogs. Not sure if it's smart for Apple to release a Flipboard competitor since there are many third party apps that already do this well. But it would be neat to have deeper integration into the operating system. Something that taps into my social media accounts, lets me easily save things from Safari like Pocket does, and then builds a profile of what my interests are much like the Genius features in their various stores to show me related content and what people like me are reading/trending at the moment.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Ive never ever seen the need for them to take the store down. Surely they could simply upload a new version of the page with new/updated products once released.

Always confused me this!

It's all about the hype! Maybe back when they first started doing it there was some need, but nowadays there really isn't. Maybe they just kept it around for consistency and yes, that hype!

PowerBook-G5

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2013
If you haven't already, you should probably should disable the email updates for anytime someone replies if you decide to "Watch this thread"

I just take all of my mail accounts offline until I finish watching the event.

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I can't wait to see what Jobs has in store for us second half of 2008. Bring it on!
New MacBook Air with dedicated GPU perhaps? Although we might have to wait until October for that one :p
I just take all of my mail accounts offline until I finish watching the event.
I have way too many unread replies from MacRumors. I should really disable email notifications altogether, since the new Xenforo notification system works great.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
Does anyone else use Newsstand? I did when it first came out. I got a couple subscriptions but then I just realized that magazines don't keep up like the content that I follow online through social media and blogs. Not sure if it's smart for Apple to release a Flipboard competitor since there are many third party apps that already do this well. But it would be neat to have deeper integration into the operating system. Something that taps into my social media accounts, lets me easily save things from Safari like Pocket does, and then builds a profile of what my interests are much like the Genius features in their various stores to show me related content and what people like me are reading/trending at the moment.

I subscribe to WSJ and NYT and read them through the Newsstand. There are a few other magazines in there that i don't keep up with and don't hit refresh on very often. I'm sure both the NYT and WSJ would like to be outside of Newsstand with a standalone App.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I can't wait to see what Jobs has in store for us second half of 2008. Bring it on!

Spoilers: MobileMe (crappy cloud platform that always breaks down), iPhone 3G (same as the iPhone, just with 3G, GPS, and plastic black back that is slightly thicker), something called an iPod Touch which is just a thin iPhone without a cell radio and a crappier screen and restricted software, they ditch the squarish squashed iPod Nano and go back to the rectangular form factor but with a taller screen, they come out with the MacBook Air which actually kinda changes notebooks forever and eventually turns out to be a great product later on, they redesign the MacBook Pro with something called unibody design which means they carve it from a single piece of aluminum which makes it stronger and beautiful. The Air also uses the unibody design and fits into a manilla envelope but hardly has any ports. People freak out.

Reactions: Tomacorno and dilap

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
Just FIX Yosemite for heavens sake. Yosemite is just too darn full of little bugs. Fix it Apple!

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Remember when the lifestreams were awful? Lagging, stuttering, and black screens. Thank Jeebus, we've passed that stage.

早安。早上好...早上好。

欢迎来到旧金山。我们今天在这里所有的一周庆祝开发者社区和所有,他们已经创造了令人惊叹的应用程序。我希望做视频捕获,我们是多么深刻地感受到我们的开发者社区,以及更重要的是一个伟大的工作,许多人的生命,他们已经丰富。

因此,从所有的苹果,非常感谢你。

这是一个里程碑式的一年了此次会议。这是本次会议的25周年。它开始于1990年,谁齐聚一堂,谈论系统7并且有在开发者大会上一个LAB只是1300的开发。

现在,WWDC是一个巨大的会议上对苹果和一个巨大的会议我们所有的开发人员。我们有一千对我们的最好和最聪明的工程师在这里的今天与您直接在实验室谈谈如何提高你的代码。

我们已经得到了人们更多的国家比今天以前,三分之二的与会者都在此间举行的开发者大会上的第一次。

特别喊出来今天上午给学生奖学金获得者。他们的工作真的很难到达这里。

Reactions: 69Mustang

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Why is everyone talking about hardware being announced? If we do it will be a surprise but I am not expecting that one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.