Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) starts today at the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, with the traditional keynote kicking things off at 10:00 AM Pacific Time.

cook_wwdc_2018_mcenery.jpg
We're expecting to see a number of announcements, although it appears Apple will primarily be discussing software this year.

Apple is providing a live video stream on its website and via Apple TV. iOS 12 and macOS 10.14 are expected to be the main focus as usual, with Apple itself leaking macOS details heading into the weekend.

In addition to Apple's video stream, we will be updating this article with live blog coverage and issuing Twitter updates through our @MacRumorsLive account as the keynote unfolds. Highlights from the event and separate news stories regarding today's announcements will go out through our @MacRumors account.

WWDC live blog in chronological order ahead…

Click here to read rest of article...

Article Link: Live From WWDC 2018: Coverage of Apple's Keynote with iOS 12, macOS 10.14, and More

Last edited:

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2013
On the off chance that Apple does indeed announce new ipad pros today...my credit card is out of my wallet and ready.

Reactions: tridley68

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
On the off chance that Apple does indeed announce new ipad pros today...my credit card is out of my wallet and ready.
I doubt it. It's rumored to have the A12X which means that it will come after the iPhone announcement. More likely October-March, unfortunately. But I would rather the iPad have the current chip series in an upgraded "X" form instead of what happened last year when the A11 barely beat out the iPad Pro's A10X in a matter of a couple months. So here's hoping for October-November.

sprezz

macrumors regular
May 28, 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
The more the “No Hardware” rumor holds true; the better these new Thinkpad X1 Carbons are looking...

At least lenovo has some type of ecosystem to patch in to, docking stations, screens, peripherals, etc. hell, the X1 even comes with a 4G sim, no more dropped hotspot crap with my macbook/iphone.

Also, apple has purposely crippled the abilty to work on multiple (more than 2) screens.
The UI just isn’t made for extreme resolutions (dock is limited to far left on leftest screen or far right on rightest screen). This is stuff microsoft had figured out since windows 98.

cashville2400

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2011
Damn, I wish I was there! I just want to be able to say that I have attended one of these. Even though they will supposedly only be announcing software I would still like to be there.

GadgetBen

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2015
London
If there are any product announcements are they usually made tonight or at the end of the week?

(Based on previous events)

RealAppleFan

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2017
The only exciting products in the Apple portfolio currently are the AirPods and iPads. Apple - Please give us some exciting hardware news.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.