Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Logitech today announced the launch of the MX Vertical, the company's most advanced ergonomic mouse to date.

The MX Vertical, which was designed in collaboration with ergonomic experts, combines ergonomic design elements with MX mouse performance for a mouse that cuts down on forearm strain and wrist pressure without impacting productivity.

logitechverticalmouse1-800x366.jpg

Up to 12 percent of computer users feel discomfort or pain on a daily basis according to a recent survey, and that's the consumer base Logitech is targeting with this product. Logitech tested dozens of prototypes and designs to come up with the ideal shape, weight, and glide that eases pain but doesn't impede mouse usage.

Logitech's MX Vertical Mouse features a 57 degree vertical angle, reducing muscular activity by up to 10 percent compared to a standard mouse. It puts the mouse into the same position you might use when shaking someone's hand, offering a thumb rest and a comfortable grip.

logitechverticalmouse2-800x503.jpg

Logitech designed the mouse to fit a range of hand shapes and sizes, and there's a texturized rubber surface that provides an ideal amount of grip. A built-in 240mAh rechargeable battery provides up to four months of usage, and an included quick charge feature provides three hours of power with one minute of charging.

The mouse is highly customizable with an adjustable 4,000 DPI high-precision sensor, which allows for four times less hand movement compared to a standard mouse to reduce usage fatigue. A switch at the top of the mouse allows the cursor speed and accuracy to be easily adjusted from 400 DPI to 4,000 DPI, while Logitech software allows for further customization.

Easy-Switch functionality lets the mouse switch between two computers with no need to re-pair, and Logitech Flow software lets text, images, and files be copied and pasted between multiple machines with the MX Vertical.

Logitech's new MX Vertical Mouse is priced at $99.99 and will be available in retail stores starting in September. The mouse can be pre-ordered from the Logitech website starting today.

Article Link: Logitech Debuts New MX Vertical Ergonomic Mouse

Reactions: MareLuce and rafark

Suspended
Jul 18, 2009
I really dislike using these. A huge fan of split keyboards but tried the MS one like this and couldn’t get used to it / didn’t think it was better.

Good on Logitech for having a crack at it.

Marx55

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2005
Bring wired one. Wired whatever is much better than wireless whenever possible for anything, including also keyboards and mice. Batteries are obnoxious to the environment, besides much less convenient (for instance, less responsive) and a pain to recharge routinely. We are destroying planet Earth and nobody seems to care.

cerberusss

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2013
The Netherlands
Bring wired one

It can be connected via USB-C! From the Logitech site: "THREE WAYS TO CONNECT: Connect MX Vertical via the included USB-C charging cable, Logitech Unifying Receiver, or Bluetooth."

This is an important bit of information that, in my opinion, should definitely have been included in the story.

Like you said, wired is sometimes vastly preferable. I've worked at an airport where bluetooth was unusable, no idea why (radar?). Really happy with this, and Logitech seems to understand that USB-C is the way to go forward!

oldtime

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
Oh how interesting it seems my gf is hiding one of these in the back of her sock drawer.

littyboy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Actually, this could be good for your wrist as it is naturally in the vertical position. Curious to try this out.

Reactions: roncron

anthorumor

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Wow, that's ugly, I show up to office with that, the nerds will beat me up and take my lunch money :eek: :p
At my work place, I get compliments.
I'm using the much cheaper $25 Anker 2.4ghz wireless vertical, and it does feed comfortable after hours of drafting. Since I leave it there, when I get back to my MX mouse, it's just not the same.

Bearxor

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
I’ve been using an évoluent vertical mouse for years. It is so much better for your arm as it is in the correct position. Nice to see there is some competition.

Yeah I’ve had the Evoluent 3 for about five years now and it works but it’s not really a great mouse. Looking very forward to trying this one.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
Wait until this thing double clicking in less than a year. I’ve always had bad luck with expensive logitech’s mouses. The cheap one $20-30 from 2005 is still fine, but 2 wireless logitech that costed me $100 are double clicking in less than a year.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Happy to see that Logitech is finally embracing contemporary USB standards. Not convinced by the mouse though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.