Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
I'm starting to regret my decision...

Ordered the 31st and still haven't received my order.

Not sure why some of you guys say there customer service is great.

Took a week to reply to my email, and it was about the order being OOS.

They could have told me when I put in my order or at least replied to my emails.

I don't even live that far from them...

I suggest you guys buy from somewhere else solely on their services.

Yet to review the skins itself, but they better be A+++ better worth the wait or I'm going to be ****ing pissed.

That is all.

zelaya

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Very nice. Let us know how the white holds up in couple days after regular usage.

I just got mine. Took 5 business days to arrive, and that's from US to NZ. Well done Lucky labs. :)

All black & All white

----------

Nice color combo. I wonder how the skin holds up after changing cases on normal basis since I know you do.

I left a helpful tip last week I believe to members here about that. I've gone through a few orders with them, and I now get the "uncut sim" side. One solid piece of wrap.

Here are pics with black iPhone and orange wraps :D

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
I got the transparent and put it on the other day. The one thing I noticed is there is a slight build up of gunk around the edges of the wrap. It looks great though and you cannot tell its on apart from a slight shinyness to the band :)

zelaya

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Sexy combo. Man! Any color for me besides pink will go with white iphone.

Got my order in today. Ordered on 10/27. Rather pleased with how quick it was. Ordered a red, blue and orange wrap in addition to the white carbon fiber back. Only gripes I have are that the camera hole is a bit more like an ellipse than a circle and the bottom seems to be cut just a tad short. Other than that, everything turned out great.

bl00per

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2011
I ordered this week... got it shipped this week... should be here sometime next week... will look great with my mas design back and Caze Thinedge

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Those look damn sexy. I have the white, but the all black is making be regret that choice.

Very nice. Let us know how the white holds up in couple days after regular usage.

Will do. I'm on day 2 now obviously it's not the true test yet. It's matte white and I really like how it's not attracting fingerprints.

Hoeboe2k

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
Slightly disappointed

I got the Truskin but the camera cut out does not look anything like it does in pictures. In other pictures, I have seen what looks like two separate cut outs done with close tolerance for both the flash and the camera. In mine, there is one cutout for both and it trails far past the flash. I don't know what is wrong or if I'm being too picky but I'm shooting him an email. He does have good customer service, as he did do his best to get everything out and reply to emails when I noticed things hadn't shipped for a week because the Truskin was backordered. But I am very disappointed in the cutout around the camera and it just looks slightly poorly cut on multiple spots. It's a shame cause the actual material is beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_1032.JPG
    IMG_1032.JPG
    898.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    980.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1034.JPG
    IMG_1034.JPG
    972.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
Ordered red for my white iPhone with vapor pro white edition can't wait to put it on to complete my phone

wellok

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
I got the Truskin but the camera cut out does not look anything like it does in pictures. In other pictures, I have seen what looks like two separate cut outs done with close tolerance for both the flash and the camera. In mine, there is one cutout for both and it trails far past the flash. I don't know what is wrong or if I'm being too picky but I'm shooting him an email. He does have good customer service, as he did do his best to get everything out and reply to emails when I noticed things hadn't shipped for a week because the Truskin was backordered. But I am very disappointed in the cutout around the camera and it just looks slightly poorly cut on multiple spots. It's a shame cause the actual material is beautiful.

You're not being too picky. They look way better in the pictures on the site.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Nice color combo. I wonder how the skin holds up after changing cases on normal basis since I know you do.

I have no problems switching from case to case...use mostly bumper style cases though.

Don't think they would stay in tact with slider type cases

I'm rocking the black glossy wraps now...will post pics tomorrow :D

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011

I ordered the Truskin too, mine was also back ordered so mine was recently shipped, still waiting. Probably same batch... I'll be disappointed the site pictures look way better... False advertisement?

The skin itself does look nice. It looks super glossy?
Keep us updated! Thanks.

Last edited:

Hoeboe2k

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2007
I ordered the Truskin too, mine was also back ordered so mine was recently shipped, still waiting. Probably same batch... I'll be disappointed the site pictures look way better... False advertisement?

The skin itself does look nice. It looks super glossy?
Keep us updated! Thanks.

The carbon fiber is very glossy and you can see the light reflecting off each individual piece of fiber. I have no problem with the material, just the way it was cut. I do feel like it is slightly false to put up a mockup that looks like what I attached but give me something that looks like what was in my last post. I also found some other people with the Truskin and it looks better in their pictures.

Review from ThatSnazzyiPhoneGuy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MG1lv5LOuI

Just the the Tru Skin and matte white Spectra wrap. Pretty easy to install except for the fact I forgot I had a Power Crystal back film on and installed the carbon fiber back piece over it which ruined the film but things happen. Just waiting on the e13ctron case to get here. :D

[url=http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/y0___/th_DSC01134.jpg]Image[/URL]
[url=http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/y0___/th_DSC01133.jpg]Image[/URL]
[url=http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/y0___/th_DSC01132.jpg]Image[/URL]
[url=http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/y0___/th_DSC01131.jpg]Image[/URL]
[url=http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/y0___/th_DSC01130.jpg]Image[/URL]

Mockup from the Lucky Labs site:

http://theluckylabs.com/media/catal...e5fb8d27136e95/b/l/black-carbon-fiber_2_1.jpg

zelaya

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
Thank you for the update. I'm planing on ordering some once I get a good coupon code. Not in a hurry.

I have no problems switching from case to case...use mostly bumper style cases though.

Don't think they would stay in tact with slider type cases

I'm rocking the black glossy wraps now...will post pics tomorrow :D

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Glossy black w/ uncut sim :D

if you order, do it this way...the one solid strip of wrap hold up better with time than the sim cut out

here are the pics

Attachments

• DSC_0596.JPG
    DSC_0596.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC_0603.JPG
    DSC_0603.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC_0604.JPG
    DSC_0604.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC_0607.JPG
    DSC_0607.JPG
    256.5 KB · Views: 116

Cynikal.Mindset

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2010
Guelph ON, Canada

trust me, you want the cutout like this! the other way will wash out your pictures when you use the flash as it will reflect off the cutout and cause wash out from the flash. This design is the updated better version, it doesn't look as pretty but functions better.

ac921ol

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2011
how does a white skin on the back look with a black phone? And spectra wrap if anyone has pictures great, but I highly doubt it

trdspectacoma

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010
So I ordered the lime green but the first piece with the headset goes a little longer but oh well it still looks good

spartanrob

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Just ordered my brushed metal teksure back with wrap for my white 4S. Looking forward to their arrival

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.